Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Awesome Airsoft Experience in Alberta (AAEA!)

:

General

Old February 26th, 2014, 23:01   #1
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Awesome Airsoft Experience in Alberta (AAEA!)

I just wanted to share this. It made me giggle, it made me feel old, it made me feel like you do about 30 minutes before your constipation lets up and makes you wonder "Are... you.... SERIOUS????"

So I called up an airsoft shop in central Alberta as I needed some magazines for an old TM L96 that I figure is worth it's time to get up and running again rather than go out and searching for a new one. I called the shop as I saw they had L96 style magazines that LOOKED like the same TM versions.... The conversation went like this...
Me: "Do those 'C-TAC' magazines for the L96 fit in the Tokyo Marui L96? They appear to be made the same with the same loading and slot design..."

Salesguy: "Uhh.. I don't think so 'cuz the C-TAC is a unique design so I'm pretty sure they, umm.... I don't think so, but gimme a sec."

**Put on Hold**

Salesguy: "So I just asked someone and ya they might fit, but it looks like Tokyo Maruoo copied C-TAC so they might fit."

Tokyo Maroo

I thanked him for his time, chuckled, and quickly deleted the bookmark I had for that shop.
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:15   #2
J-Man19

Purchaseairsoft.something I'm guessing?
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:16   #3
J-Man19

You should give your team Captain shit for copying ctac. The nerve of some people!
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:33   #4
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
No shit, that's the first thing I'm going to do when he comes to visit next month.
Old February 26th, 2014, 23:42   #5
ccyg8774

Amazing control…
I would have laughed on the phone. I know I shouldn't, but that won't be something I would be able to hold.
Old February 27th, 2014, 00:00   #6
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

And you didn't write up or add to an existing review thread, naming the poor business outright? For shameeeeeee!!! That's not the only time someone has been ripped off blatantly. My wife's cousin went on a rant about how Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby, was ripped off by Queen's Under Pressure, featuring David Bowie.

Last edited by Ricochet; February 27th, 2014 at 00:13..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:23   #7
J-Man19

Did you tell your wife's cousin that they're not very smart?
Old February 27th, 2014, 01:26   #8
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

No, I left that one alone. The car ride became real silent after the rest of our brains were dragged to a screeching halt. Still, I can't believe Tokyo Marui ripped off C-Tac like that. For a new to the scene company like TM, I expected better.
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:01   #9
Danke

I"m phoning them right now. Is Japan open at night?
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:37   #10
J-Man19

You need to make a request to the emperor to allow Japan to be open after dark. His personal number is on Google somewhere.
Old February 27th, 2014, 02:44   #11
j_march

Buyairsoft? Lol
Old February 27th, 2014, 04:40   #12
DEATH2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
I"m phoning them right now. Is Japan open at night?
You made me almost choke on the food I was eating. Well done sir.
Old March 4th, 2014, 19:33   #13
BuyAirsoft.ca

Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I just wanted to share this. It made me giggle, it made me feel old, it made me feel like you do about 30 minutes before your constipation lets up and makes you wonder "Are... you.... SERIOUS????"

So I called up an airsoft shop in central Alberta as I needed some magazines for an old TM L96 that I figure is worth it's time to get up and running again rather than go out and searching for a new one. I called the shop as I saw they had L96 style magazines that LOOKED like the same TM versions.... The conversation went like this...
Me: "Do those 'C-TAC' magazines for the L96 fit in the Tokyo Marui L96? They appear to be made the same with the same loading and slot design..."

Salesguy: "Uhh.. I don't think so 'cuz the C-TAC is a unique design so I'm pretty sure they, umm.... I don't think so, but gimme a sec."

**Put on Hold**

Salesguy: "So I just asked someone and ya they might fit, but it looks like Tokyo Maruoo copied C-TAC so they might fit."

Tokyo Maroo

I thanked him for his time, chuckled, and quickly deleted the bookmark I had for that shop.
I would like to correct the information above, as the individual you spoke to was myself. I will not put the conversation in quotes, as I did not write down the conversation. I can also assure you I do not use slang such as cuz, gimmie, ya etc.

You had asked if the C-TAC AWP Mag would fit, not the L96 Mag. Important info since you do not make note of it here. I clearly stated that I did not know if it would fit or not, as the C-TAC AWP mag does not fit in the C-TAC L96. We do not have a TM L96 to compare it to, after checking with the Tech he said they should work fine as the C-TAC AWP is a close clone of the TM L96 (something which I told you I had not realized) but we could not say for sure as we have not personally tested them.

If you look at the C-TAC L96 Mag it is clearly different than the TM L96 mag. The AWP Mag which you asked about is not so obviously similar or different without having them side by side.

It is important for us to ensure you are not misinformed, thus the reason for your being placed on hold so an associate more experienced could be consulted.

It is unfortunate you were not happy with the experience (my needing to ask for clarity), and I am sorry for that, but I felt it was important you received the correct info when I was unsure, and that is what you received.

Thank-you.

Last edited by BuyAirsoft.ca; March 4th, 2014 at 20:30..
BuyAirsoft.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 22:34   #14
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyAirsoft.ca View Post
I would like to correct the information above, as the individual you spoke to was myself. I will not put the conversation in quotes, as I did not write down the conversation. I can also assure you I do not use slang such as cuz, gimmie, ya etc.

You had asked if the C-TAC AWP Mag would fit, not the L96 Mag. Important info since you do not make note of it here. I clearly stated that I did not know if it would fit or not, as the C-TAC AWP mag does not fit in the C-TAC L96. We do not have a TM L96 to compare it to, after checking with the Tech he said they should work fine as the C-TAC AWP is a close clone of the TM L96 (something which I told you I had not realized) but we could not say for sure as we have not personally tested them.

If you look at the C-TAC L96 Mag it is clearly different than the TM L96 mag. The AWP Mag which you asked about is not so obviously similar or different without having them side by side.

It is important for us to ensure you are not misinformed, thus the reason for your being placed on hold so an associate more experienced could be consulted.

It is unfortunate you were not happy with the experience (my needing to ask for clarity), and I am sorry for that, but I felt it was important you received the correct info when I was unsure, and that is what you received.

Thank-you.

Interesting. I had indeed asked you if the C-TAC 'C-TAC CTAWP' magazine would fit into the Tokyo Marui L96. You said no, then checked, then commented that Tokyo Marui copied C-TAC which is the reason for this thread.

I was close to making that drive an hour and a half North to visit you, that we had talked about, but after our chat, realized I'm better off saving the gas money due to the inexperience in the industry that I had encountered. Perhaps if I was on with a different sales associate, things may have been different and I may have done business. Sadly, finding out from you that Tokyo Marui slavishly ripped off C-TAC soured my mouth.

Hence the first experience I've had with your business had me chuckling
I'm quite happy you guys finally got around to replying here.

For everyone's record, this is what I had asked if it would fit in the Tokyo Marui L96 as both magazines appear to have the exact same discharging mechanism and figure
https://www.buyairsoft.ca/c-tac-ctawp-magazine.html

(From 'buyairsoft.com' website

and then the Tokyo Marui version

Last edited by Aquamarine; March 4th, 2014 at 22:36..
Aquamarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 23:43   #15
J-Man19

Won't work, TM did a poor job of copying c-tac. Just like all their guns, junk.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General