Has Anyone Taken apart a M4 GBB from G&G

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 8th, 2009, 15:04   #1
Metzler

Send a message via MSN to Metzler
Has Anyone Taken apart a M4 GBB from G&G

Hey there,
I posted a thread on here today about upgrading my gun and didnt evne think to ask if anyone has taken apart one with the blowback on it. If so did you come to any complications or was it quite straight forward?
Thanks,
Metzler
Old April 8th, 2009, 21:58   #2
Metzler

Replying to myself,
So for everyones knowledge i just tried to take apart my G&G M4 Carbine with Blowback, after getting the stock apart and grip no problem i came to an issue with the mag release button not having a screw or any form of way to disasemble it as shown on all videos. So took out rear reciever pin then tried to take out the front - the front wouldnt come out all the way and then when trying to get it back in i had to fight it hard core. SO finally decide to put my gun back together and wait for someone else to give her a go.
Let me know how it goes please. And what to do.
Thanks,
Metzler
Old April 8th, 2009, 22:11   #3
Conker

To my knowledge it's a pneumatic blow-back, not gaz blow-back.

Else sorry, I don't know for your question.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 23:01   #4
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Hey bud I can't get the pin out of the mag release either. So its not just the blow back model.
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:30   #5
Phil_Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by notom66866 View Post
Hey bud I can't get the pin out of the mag release either. So its not just the blow back model.
Take a picture of the both side of the mag release.

then will be able to help you out.
Phil_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:38   #6
zu1a

On my g&g non blowback, you have to push the button in with a pin or screwdriver and twist the mag catch like it's a screw.

Hope this helps.
zu1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 09:59   #7
PaCHeKo!

Send a message via MSN to PaCHeKo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zu1a View Post
On my g&g non blowback, you have to push the button in with a pin or screwdriver and twist the mag catch like it's a screw.

Hope this helps.
Follow Zu1a's instructions, you should be okay!

P.M.C. - Prostituée Militaire de Campagne.
PaCHeKo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:10   #8
m102404
Tys

To put a visual out there in case it's hard to imagine...I've see two different types of mag catches...the "TM" style. A tiny screw holds the button onto the through-post of the catch. This screw tends to strip out on it's head or threads because it's so freaking tiny and people reef on it.

and this screw together style (this pic is actually a G&G). Basically a screw/bolt. As described, push the button in..."unscrew" the catch. You will probably need to remove the fake bolt release button...it tends to get in the way as the catch rotates around.

You may feel like you're really pulling on the catch and almost bending it to get it started (or put all the way back in)...that's normal, but don't go Hulk on it.

Best of luck,

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:15   #9
Crunchmeister

The mag catch on G&G guns is installed the same way it is on real steel. You press the mag catch button in as far as you can. On the opposite side of the gun, pull the mag catch out of the body far enough so you can twist it. I believe you have to twist it 90º and it will pop out. Or unscrew all the way. Not sure what it is exactly on your gun. I've seen both styles so far (I have both).
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:17   #10
panzergrenadier

The mag Release is made like RS mag releases... you need to push it all the way out (so the catch is sticking out of the receiver) and then turn it to unscrew it...
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:21   #11
Metzler

Alright I will try the mag release issue again. But i still had an issue with the front pin in the reciever it appears they have a small pin on a spring pushing on the front pin i donno its weird, and when trynig to push the pin back in i had an ubelievably hard time with the connection on the other side of the whole just didnt want to line up exactly right.
Old April 9th, 2009, 10:31   #12
m102404
Tys

That's normal too...on some assemblies.

Check that your hopup unit can be seated fully forward and that it's fitting in nicely with the mechbox.

You may want to try to tighten your rear stock screw a bit more...that'll pull the mechbox back a little...but the body can't really take much force so go easy. Remember to loosen it off and then tighten it back up normally after you get the upper on.

Be extremely careful with pushing the front pin back into those clear lower receivers...the plastic is thick, but brittle. Support the other side of the body as you're putting it back in. It'd be better to sqeeze the pin back in vs. knocking it back in with a hammer/mallet.

You may want to check out if the pin is moving freely and can seat into the other side without the upper on. A couple that I've seen were hard to press in just on their own.

The way they did the plunger/spring pin stop thing is horrible.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 15:44   #13
Metzler

Hey Guys,
Just an update. I managed to get my gun apart down to the mechbox still in the lower reciever.
I got the mag release out - it is the the push in and turn the other side style. Was a bit of a bitch but then i got the hang of it.
I pushed out the pin around the trigger which was the final one and the mechbox still didnt want to come out and instead of breaking my gun with a game this weekend i put her back together.

Overall it wasnt too hard. I would have to say the front pin with the spring against it is the most annoying part of the gun. But to all G&G users just so you know - to remove the lower receiver and mechbox u need to SLIDE it out not pull down.

Thanks to all of you for your support.
Metzler
Old April 15th, 2009, 15:56   #14
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
G&G's front pin assembly is poop. I don't like it. It broke a piece off of my receiver (very small), had to replace it with epoxy.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications