Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

To those who want to try and smuggle guns across the border.

:

ASC News and Announcements

Old August 17th, 2011, 15:58   #31
Outcast569

Send a message via MSN to Outcast569
Hear banging pots together scares them out...
Old August 17th, 2011, 16:04   #32
Hurley895
The Costco Kid

nah huge mouse trap with a pack of smokes on it. Everyone knows the coolest snipers smoke.
Hurley895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 21:40   #33
sushicake

"The driver was released on a Promise to Appear at an Ontario Provincial Court"

Think he appeared?
Old August 20th, 2011, 02:24   #34
Reckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley895 View Post
nah huge mouse trap with a pack of smokes on it. Everyone knows the coolest snipers smoke.
couple beers too... just in case ...

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 02:27   #35
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushicake View Post

Think he appeared?
Hope so. Despite having the hammer drop on him, I still can see a few way to damage control the issue, fleeing would escalate the issue way beyond it's current scope.

Then again, I love watching car chases on COPS, so if he does run I hope he makes it entertaining for the rest of us.
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 12:56   #36
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushicake View Post

Think he appeared?
Why wouldn't he? He'd be in even bigger shit if he didn't.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 21:49   #37
jomor

importing

I have a friend who tried to smuggle in a gun once. He got caught too. The dumb part was that the gun fell into the unrestricted weapon. So it would have been legal for him to import, he just went cheap. They put him on a list so each time he goes through customs he gets searched. Dumb ass thing to do. I have brought many across declared them all and had proof that they were in the 407 to 499 fps range. It can be a struggle at times I have the law on paper from there web page and show them, no problems at all.
Smuggling is a dumbass thing to do and you deserve to get caught! AS for the Canadian retailers...well everyone is in for the money. Not advancing the sport, just money. So I agree buy legit from the states, almost half the cost!

Last edited by jomor; August 21st, 2011 at 19:50..
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 14:55   #38
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

It's never good when more negative attention is brought towards are sport. You should always know the legislation before bringing somethin controlled across the border. But smuggling is extremely foolish. Even smuggling a non controlled product will land you in jail. It is expensive to bring in guns legally. So a pat on the back to all the retailers who bring in airsoft the right way. And as long as you bring in the high end stuff, I'll keep buying it here.

Anytime anyone breaks a law that involves airsoft, you hurt us all. No one should associate themselves with these people.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 20:25   #39
Baroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
I have a friend who tried to smuggle in a gun once. He got caught too. The dumb part was that the gun fell into the unrestricted weapon. So it would have been legal for him to import, he just went cheap. They put him on a list so each time he goes through customs he gets searched. Dumb ass thing to do. I have brought many across declared them all and had proof that they were in the 407 to 499 fps range. It can be a struggle at times I have the law on paper from there web page and show them, no problems at all.
Smuggling is a dumbass thing to do and you deserve to get caught! AS for the Canadian retailers...well everyone is in for the money. Not advancing the sport, just money. So I agree buy legit from the states, almost half the cost!

Are you saying that you're allowed to buy a gun in the states (over 407 fps), clear or metal or black or wtv, and declare it and it will legally pass no matter what ?
Baroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 20:49   #40
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Oh hell no.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 20:56   #41
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroc View Post
Are you saying that you're allowed to buy a gun in the states (over 407 fps), clear or metal or black or wtv, and declare it and it will legally pass no matter what ?

No one is saying that, especially in a non AV section.

Try asking this in this in the restricted area and you will get more useful info.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 17:04   #42
Adamlxlx

Quote:
YES!!!!
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 17:31   #43
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroc View Post
Yes and remember to tell the agent "that's what the Guy from the internet said!"

Quote:
AS for the Canadian retailers...well everyone is in for the money. Not advancing the sport, just money.
Wow ..... fkn wow man. I was about to rant on you but I decided my time would be better spent teaching a dog to drive a car than try to correct your frame of mind.

Last edited by Armyissue; September 3rd, 2011 at 17:50..
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 14:34   #44
HaZarD SFD

LOOOOOL.. I know a local that buys across the border, claims them legally and now has about 20 AEG's. Go figure to save a small amount of bucks cost you your ass.. Considering the Claimed AEG's at the border range from 10-50$ per lol.

If you read this as total BS make sure you know a person who has actually bought across the border and claimed the AEG.. I know a person and seen the paperwork to prove it.
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:08   #45
Rixf3200

I've brought guns in from HK, it's just a matter of knowing what to do, as spoken. BEWARE if you're going to do it by mail. Prohibited Importations Unit in Mississauga has no efficient means of testing modified guns at this time, AEG or otherwise. It will sit there until they do. I have been talking to them alot recently, turns out i have to either wait to have my gun tested (6 months or so)... it's a FinCode budget thing with CBSA, or ship it back to HK for refund (which most sites don't do) so needless to day i'm not getting my G&P SR25 any time soon.

just giving a heads up.
Rixf3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements