Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Flyye or Modi?

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 10th, 2016, 14:07   #1
tdotsofter

Flyye or Modi?

Looking into a new JPC, Flyye uses 1000dd (77usd) or the Modi uses 500dd (50ish usd)? I will be running a GBBR kit for this JPC.

Any experiences with the materials or JPC alone please help!
tdotsofter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 23:41   #2
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

My experience with airsoft plate carriers - Save the trouble and buy a TT Mav instead.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 16:04   #3
FrostyFlakes02

Modi is from the same factory as Flyye so the built quality is the same, it's just the material is much better on the flyye. I saw some dude run the JPC in multicam by Modi which bear the non licensed chinese copy multicam webbing while my JPC from Flyye has the true material with licensed multicam webbing (bear in mind that my JPC is the full multicam version with multicam webbing and 500D cordura vs the regular multicam version which khaki webbing and 1000D Cordura). Honestly, for you're better off putting 27$ more for Cordura because it's way more resistant to abrasion and tear than Teflon 500D.
FrostyFlakes02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 17:29   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

fiber count in cordura is not a means to determine quality of overall product. 1000d just means it'll be heavier and more resistant to abrasion vs 500d or 330d, the weakpoint in almost all gear even the realsteel stuff is the stitching, not the material face.

Crye for the most part uses 330 because it's light, but crye also uses textiles that have been coated for various fluid resistances, fire retardance and light reflective qualities which is where some of the real steel gear price cost comes into effect.

330 is also more likely to tear/unravel after a cut but real ground pounders don't give a shit, their gear is replaced on a regular basis so having lighter weight gear matters for the few pounds lighter the gear will be if they're wearing it for days on end.

teflon is a coating, it's not a material, the 500d is also cordura.
Old October 11th, 2016, 19:26   #5
FrostyFlakes02

sorry my mistake, I meant Teflon coated 500D Nylon (http://www.shootercbgear.com/product...oducts_id=7236) . But you're right about the stitching, some manufacturer aka Condor really don't care about stitching and your gear just end up tearing apart. If you're the type that likes to crawl around then go for Cordura, I used Condor stuff in the past and they just ripped. You can't really go wrong with Flyye since they make sure to bartack stick their stuff. They also use Duraflex buckles and stuff so you have less chance of getting a buckle shot out.
FrostyFlakes02 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion