Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anybody got info on Canadian Tac Vest ?

:

Canadian

Old March 27th, 2006, 14:30   #1
OTTAWAlonewolf

Anybody got info on Canadian Tac Vest ?

all those talk on Canadian Tac Vest make me interested in how it was design and its history ! Anybody got more information ?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.p...21593#msg21593

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/Engl...=77&uSection=3

is there an offical name for the Tac Vest ? like CA pattern 04 Tac Vest sth like that.

personal experience with it ! It can do way better
OTTAWAlonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 16:54   #2
Hux37

I know that one of the stores around this area supplied a whole bunch of custom made vests for the guys that went over to Afghanistan on the last ROTO. As I have also heard there are several guys that don't like the magazine capacity (4 on the vest, one in the rifle) and that it's not modular at all.

But that's just hearsay I've got from a few guys in the reserves I've worked with. So anyone wanting to rip that above theory apart, have at 'er.

Hux
Hux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 16:57   #3
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
I want to burn mine in a bag of dog shit. is that enough of an answer for you?
I'd rather wear my webbing.
Greg
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 17:22   #4
MORGUE

I can carry more magazines in one hand, than I can carry in the entire vest. That answer your question..... The Army purchased these things because they could be issued to everyone with a SN. They are not practical for combat arms trades at all....

my .02

MORGUE
Old March 27th, 2006, 23:37   #5
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/Chief_L...ab/2/271_e.asp
Very cool link with tons of info on all of the CF's newest toys.
Cheers
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 03:35   #6
Disposable Hero

i like my tac vest but i wasnt around for the webbing and im just in my basic now but ya i see what you mean about low magazine capacity.
Disposable Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:04   #7
Gerkraz

This clearly ties in with the stories about soldiers spending their personal money to buy their own combat gear.

I know for a fact that my M4 vest can carry more C7 mags than the CF tac vest because it was designed to. I'm not in the forces but I hear the CF vest can carry 4 mags, some grenades and combat supplies (water, MRE). A regular M4 vest can usually carry 12 M4/M16/C7 mags, is MOLLE compatible (which is more than the CF vest) can be hooked up with a hydration pack.

If my understanding is correct, the CF is better off buying its vest from Army Issue.
Gerkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 08:29   #8
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
The current tac vest was designed by a civillian with no prior combat knowledge. Its more of a carry the crap you need for a weekend of work vest then a battle worthy vest. When i have to carry more then 4 mags and one in the gun i use my grenade pouches to hold them. I find the current tac vest more balanced then the webbing however the webbing is 100 times more practical. The positioning of the mag pouches on the vest make it difficult to stay low while in the prone and get a mag. The Way the collar part of the vest is made makes it very hard to go in the prone and lift your head up properly with a flak vest on. The shoulder straps for the vest come in at a way that chaffs the living shit out of your neck on a long hike. However the vest does have its advantages. Its more balanced then the webbing so you dont have un even tension on your shoulders. It doesnt have a huge ass butt pack in the back to have your ruck fit uncomfortably ontop of. Its a great vest to issue to non combatants but its battle worthyness is very sad.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:35   #9
walks

there was 5 vests tested and we got the cheapest one, that sums.
I think this one came in 3rd soI'd like to see what the other 2 below it looked like, and yes the top 2 were totaly modular.

the "TV" as the new guys in the regiment call it is nothing more than the liberals going "look...see....we dont give our soldiers crappy stuff look at how cool it looks!" the vest is in my opinion the same as the new cadpat gloves and "balistic" glasses they issued us solely for the L.C.F.

the new packs that we got are top of the line compared to the old stuff.
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:48   #10
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
The cadpat gloves are quite nice in my oppinion. They dont make your hands sweat like mad, are comfortbale and better than the shitty gloves with the liner. The small pack is probably one of my favorite pieces of kit.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:54   #11
Johnny Rotten

I can't stand my issue tac vest. It is non-modular, the zipper is notoriously unreliable, good luck trying to get your canteen back in the pouch by yourself, and it doesn't haul enough readily accessible rifle mags. On the plus side though everybody's tac vest looks the same on parade which must have won points with someone, and there's no shortage of people who will demand to know what you have in your utility pouch. God forbid if you can't fit your whole rainsuit inside there plus other mandated items. If you're looking to buy a piece of load carrying equipment, stay away from this or replicas like it. Go modular or go home.
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:01   #12
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I had to laugh at Gordon O'Connor saying "They can hold 4 mags, that's 80 rounds, why would they need more than that?" showing it's obvious he hasn't been in the military for quite a while. Hmmm, C1 mags were 20 rounds......... Yup, been a while.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 14:11   #13
Phalanix
raaaaawrrr!

The TV, IMO, looks great and quality of material is pretty good. But it's really poorly designed - and I'm not even in the CF. I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing such a vest in a real combat situation. 4 mag pouches? Fine. But at least make them a little more accessible, I found the buckles annoying to work with and the mags tend to be hard to take out. Not very effective / speedy.

And as Johnny said, good luck getting that canteen back into the pouch by yourself. The pouch is weirdly placed and is a hassle to access. Maybe my arms aren't flexible enough, but then again, how many of us out there can be Flex-Armstrong?
Phalanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 18:04   #14
BawBag

Yeah agreed about the buckels, here in Meaford on my DP1 course my sgt said just dont use them, when in combat and hands are shaking and shit, not to good. Leave it to large motar skills. Thats why on the new C7A2 the cocking handel is larger and the new drills for it are to use larger muscles rather then fingers.

My take on our tac vest isn't that bad, enjoy it much more then the webbing. I won't even complain about the 4mag part since everyone else has, but I dont like the pouchs under it 'small utility'.. I find it such a hassel to get in there with the buckel, then the string to loosen then its just hard to get at.(can't explain with words.. Just something you have to try to know). Thats my rant on it.
BawBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2006, 18:50   #15
Farmboy

The quality on the TV sucks, period.

The design sucks.

The small pack is heavier empty, than high quality assault packs are with gear in them.

None of the pouches are "modular" and if you fill them up they fall over. The "fanny" pack will dump all your kit on the ground when you open the zipper.

The issue Cadpat gloves turn my hands green when wet.

The issue glasses don't keep out dust and debris.

The GoreTex jacket leaks.

The GoreTex boots turn rock hard and slip on anything at -1

But I'm not at all bitter about the kit I'm issued!!!

Exclusive Canadian Distributor for Blue Force Gear, Knights Armament, Rainier Arms, High Ground, Battle Comp, Multitasker and more!

http://oneshottactical.com/

One Shot Tactical Inc.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian