Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Good Glock 17

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 24th, 2011, 01:47   #1
sortie39
Banned

Good Glock 17

Hey you guys must have used lots of G17 models, I 'd like to know which one you'd vote for ?

I have KSC 17,which comes with a super annoying mag gas is very prone to unevenly come out and run out during some fast shooting mode.
Used to have an Army G17,whose slide is seemingly as sturdy as the real stuff but always stuck in the middle of a normal blowback action.The FPS is annoying too, Mine was 270 max.

Other companies that make G17 are TM ,Meister(amazing! I heard the best ever), Tanaka(fixed slide) and HFC(99% might be crap)..

Welcome any G17 fans to make some defence for the one you have been using.

Last edited by sortie39; September 24th, 2011 at 01:50..
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:06   #2
Ross

I've been using a tm glock 17. I've been having problems with the mags. The spring is some how not pushing the bbs up and the bbs get jammed in the magazines. (bastard .20)
I use an aftermarket metal slide, and the gun shoots perfect other than the feeding issue. It probably doesn't shoot hotter than 280. But it's a side arm. They are meant for shooting people within 50 feet away.
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:17   #3
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
I Myself have both a KSC Glock 17 and have used the TM Glock 17 as well. There are Pro and Cons of one and the other, KSC is great but the consistency of the gas distribution is terrible when you shoot, TM however is great and is consistent with each shot.

However the TM mags have lots of issues and they tend to be more prone to leaking than KSC mags, I've had my KSC 17 Mags for 3 years now and have been abusing them a lot. for example dropping them into mud, sand, rocks, concrete, and whatnot and yet they still run fine for some reason :O, TM mags however have lots of leaking problems if you do not baby them. the O ring tends to shrivel up faster than KSC mags and causes it to leak gas, over all if you want to spend lots of money on mags, then TM is the best, if you are fine with inconsistency but durable magazines then well use KSC

THIS IS ALL FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE don't judge
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:26   #4
Spike
Privateer Airsoft

I've used a stock TM g17 for close to a year now, I have 3 mags for it and none of them are leaking, and I've had no issues with the gun whatsoever. I got mine brand new from an importer.
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:56   #5
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I've used a stock TM g17 for close to a year now, I have 3 mags for it and none of them are leaking, and I've had no issues with the gun whatsoever. I got mine brand new from an importer.
I got a TM Glock 17 brand new from an importer as well. No issues whatsoever. Fires consistently, and with upgraded slide, barrel, and recoil spring, the kick is great. With a tighbore, it's a beast. Haven't messed around with high flows yet though. I don't even use my Hi-Capa anymore as it is too heavy and clunky.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:32   #6
cellulose
formerly aBseNtceLL

After plenty of research I picked up the TM Glock 17 and TM Glock 18C and I'm very happy with the performance, especially of the G18C, on full auto it's just awesome.

I've had mine for about 2 months now and they perform very good, very consistent and have a great feel to them. Disassembly is rather easy as well which is nice for maintenance, though you will find other brands disassemble relatively similar.

The only thing I dislike about the TM version is the number plate safety on it, but that can easily be fixed by replacing the number plate with one made by various companies (Guarder, GunsModify, etc.)
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:35   #7
Amos

Hey Sortie, replace your mag catch on the KSC, that should fix your mag dropping problem.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 02:44   #8
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Hey Sortie, replace your mag catch on the KSC, that should fix your mag dropping problem.
Pretty sure he means gas consistency shot to shot, not a mag release problem.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 03:08   #9
sortie39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Pretty sure he means gas consistency shot to shot, not a mag release problem.
smart IT dude!

actually I have a new mag catch on by Guarder but still feel some upward repulsion during the filling process.
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 03:42   #10
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I had part 87 break off on my KSC G17, but support was good and I received my replacement parts quickly. I've since put about a thousand rounds downrange with the Glock and nothing has gone wrong.

I've never had a failure to feed, never had a malfunction, the gun is close enough to the real steel that it'll fit in a Level 3 Serpa, and above all, accuracy is amazing. Where I used to have peppering of holes in a target with a Hi-Capa, I now have a small part of the page punched out with relative ease.

If anything, the gun could use a heavier trigger spring. It's 2 pounds, max, and way too easy to trigger, even with the trigger safety.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 01:05   #11
MMatersk

Anyone know anything about Meister glock 17's? I am currently in the market for a sidearm and cant seem to choose which company to go for?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:46   #12
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

Been using TM Glock 17 Gen 3 with SD barrel and slide for over a year, and its nothing but rock solid.

The ONLY thing in my experience is that when i upgraded my mags to use High valves, I had issues where the valve knocker was not hitting the valve hard enough to cycle completely.

Once i lubed the valves, the issue went away...then it came back again....so i swapped back to the stock valves and have had no issues...ill chalk it up to the HVs not being lubed enough....outside of that, great solid accurate sidearm.

Last edited by Invasian; September 26th, 2011 at 08:48..
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 08:55   #13
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

when you upgrade a high float valve, you also need to upgarde a more powerful hammer spring on it, it's the commen sense.
Old September 26th, 2011, 09:08   #14
Invasian
Likes it BOLD attention whore MAXIMUS!

DOH!

Thanks dude...ill get that done right away....cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
when you upgrade a high float valve, you also need to upgarde a more powerful hammer spring on it, it's the commen sense.
Invasian is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion