Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniper eyewear

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 20th, 2010, 21:31   #1
Huge
formerly Huge94

Sniper eyewear

alright, so right now I have have huge paintball goggles and they're quite big and prevent me a lot from looking in my scope . So I was wondering what snipers out there were wearing for eye protection?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:34   #2
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
ESS Ice, I've read good things from them but I haven't try them

http://www.esseyepro.com/Military-an..._category.html

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:34   #3
coach
aka coachster

Sniper eyewear

Unfortunately most fields will dictate the type of eye protection required. So for those events, you must wear approved goggles.

I have never heard of sniper specific goggles but many of the lower profile goggles work as do regular ones with respect to scopes.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:35   #4
Huge
formerly Huge94

I've seen 'em used, but are sunglasses-shaped goggles accepted by most fields?
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:40   #5
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
ESS Ice, I've read good things from them but I haven't try them

http://www.esseyepro.com/Military-an..._category.html
I own the ICE 2X and Frankly I love them, they are comfortable and stable. If your field allows you to wear such protection then you will not be disappointed.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:46   #6
coach
aka coachster

Sniper eyewear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I've seen 'em used, but are sunglasses-shaped goggles accepted by most fields?
Hard to say. Ask the host or field owner of the event you're playing.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:48   #7
scottyfox

ESS ICE or Revision Sawfly are fine choices. I run the new ESS Crossbows and they are lovely, a bit more secure frame than ICE a la Oakley Ballistic M-Frames (vs. the normal SI M-Frame)
Also have a pair of Revision Hellflys that work well and are of a different, more civilian style.
scottyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 21:54   #8
Huge
formerly Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyfox View Post
ESS ICE or Revision Sawfly are fine choices. I run the new ESS Crossbows and they are lovely, a bit more secure frame than ICE a la Oakley Ballistic M-Frames (vs. the normal SI M-Frame)
Also have a pair of Revision Hellflys that work well and are of a different, more civilian style.
yeah ESS ICE are the style I was looking for. I do think that most outdoor fields and some indoor would allow this kind. Anyhow I'd have the JT goggles as backup.
Old May 20th, 2010, 22:15   #9
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

ESS ICE. Never fog unless they touch your eyebrows full of sweat. But they clear as soon as some wind get in.

In short, never fog, even in super humid day.

I've been using them for close to 5 years now. Even when you crawl low on the hot ground with a ghillie on top of you: no fog. A normal closed goggle would result in blindness in 2 secondes in those conditions.

In Québec, no field will prevent you from using them, unless you play on a paintball field wich some require closed goggles. Ghillied snipers get a break sometime, since they are less of a target and are protected by the ghillie hood.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 22:29   #10
Jagd
Jagdalex

Wow, I need to get a pair of those, the way you talk about them FOx they are alot better than the double lens JT paintball goggles that I am using which are not bad at all. Do you know if they have a model that you can use glasses underneath them?
Jagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 22:31   #11
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

I have a pair of ESS ICE, and use them for target shooting and safety work, but have never used them in a game...
Old May 20th, 2010, 22:45   #12
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdalex View Post
Wow, I need to get a pair of those, the way you talk about them FOx they are alot better than the double lens JT paintball goggles that I am using which are not bad at all. Do you know if they have a model that you can use glasses underneath them?
Definatly blow any PB gogles way out of the water. It does not even compare.

The ESS ICE are RX insert compatible. BUT, one of my teamate got them, and they make the glasses fit too far from the face and become a bit unsafe for lateral shots.

I use contact lenses with mine. I hate that, but I just use the CL for airsofting.
Speaking for CL, try the Acuvue Oasis. Best fucking CL I've ever worn. I have some astigmatie and they are the only lense that stay confortable and don't dry the shit out of my eyes. I even forget I have them on where I get home from a long day... That from a guy that would get red eyes after 1h of wearing the other brands.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 00:30   #13
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

Go with what the CF issues? Revision Sawfly...fits RX inserts underneath and still sits close to the face. I've had mine for awhile now and never had a problem short of just dusting them off after road moves.
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:36   #14
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Bolle 800X is what I (and many others wear), they are low profile and very comfy.

Getting high scope mounts help with gogggle clearance while trying to get a proper cheek weld. I found out very early on the PB goggles I bought I couldn't use with my rifle as the stock would press them away from my face to the left. High mounts helped better than my medium ones, but still had the goggles issue. Moved to the Bolles and the problem was eliminated.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:34   #15
bbNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
Bolle 800X is what I (and many others wear), they are low profile and very comfy.

Getting high scope mounts help with gogggle clearance while trying to get a proper cheek weld. I found out very early on the PB goggles I bought I couldn't use with my rifle as the stock would press them away from my face to the left. High mounts helped better than my medium ones, but still had the goggles issue. Moved to the Bolles and the problem was eliminated.
I know some paranoid field owners (or their insurance) require that the wearer uses eye protection that creates a "seal around the eye". Sunglasses types won't work because of the large gaps - although this is why they almost never fog. The Bolle X800T's are a good compromise i think.
bbNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion