KJW M1911 vs TM M1911

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 20th, 2011, 18:29   #16
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopperdopper View Post
Oh I see, yeh it didn't seem like it fit into either category, however does having a hybrid M1911 like this make parts harder to replace with TM compat parts?
No, same parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtraExtra View Post
Would the co2 not be too hard on the pistol? Would this also not prematurely break or wear out the pistol?

I am picking up a full metal kjw 1911 this week.
They're designed to take CO2. But yes CO2 is harder on a pistol.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 18:43   #17
Kid

It's made to use CO2, so, it should be ok. I didn't notice any abnormal wear on the internals, nor did I have any other issues using CO2. Very consistent shooting.

You'll know it is worth it when you take the first shot. The only time I would NOT recommend CO2 mags for the KJ M1911 is if you are concerned about the magazine extending from the magwell. From a realism perspective, though, I find that the increased recoil and sound more than make up for the extended base.

I originally bought 3 propane mags, sold them within a week and bought 2 CO2 ones instead.
Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 22:04   #18
mikebarkski

I know this is 5 years old but im curious about the comatibility of tm & KJW....i have just ordered (used) kjw 1911 with 5 tm mags and 4 kjw mags....am i reading here that the KJW mags need to be filled with gas every time they unload their rounds? but the tm mags might fire more rounds off one fill of gas?

for pistols i only own 2x KWC desert eagles and they piss me off when the slide doesnt lock or when it sticks halfway, unloading the gas chamber...any way to trouble shoot that slide issue? cause aside from that they work well for kwc
mikebarkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:04   #19
_Whiskey_

I would go for the KJW 1911 over the TM. KJW works well in its stock form, I've owned several KJW pistols and they run well and are solid. I would go TM if you want to build a gun and make it to your own as they have the largest amount of aftermarket parts.

Note Getting a TM here (In Canada) is Usually more expensive than a KJW

I personally Run a KJW 1911A1 with C02 Mags and it runs perfectly fine. Kicks hard and loud and in smaller CQB fields scares the shit out of some newer players hehe.
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 10:49   #20
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Always refill your mags every time.
Just because you can get 70 shots out per fill doesnt mean you'll always get 70 shots per fill. Sometimes, if its cold, you'll get 6.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:25   #21
mikebarkski

awesome thanks for the input
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Whiskey_ View Post
I would go for the KJW 1911 over the TM. KJW works well in its stock form, I've owned several KJW pistols and they run well and are solid. I would go TM if you want to build a gun and make it to your own as they have the largest amount of aftermarket parts.
ok i kinda want to try both...so i think ill get a tm hi capa 5.1 (new) to mod out over the years, along with the used kjw 1911 kit i found here http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...light=1911+kit

btw, im looking to mod the 5.1 for performance & range of accuracy...not so much looks....i dont really care so much for lasers or lights (i got great vision, just need it to shoot well), ideally want it to out fire most aegs if im really going to put money into it after guying new stock...lots of info round here on 5.1 mods for me to dig throu tho
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:56   #22
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

You don't have much to do on the hi-capa really. A better hop-up rubber or r-hop would do it. Buying a high quality barrel would help a bit, but the ratio of extra accuracy VS price is not that great. If you absolutely want the best accuracy possible and money is no problem, grab a laylax/nineball or pdi stainless steel barrel and you are good to go. A 6.01 or 6.03 barrel will also increase power a bit, which can add to your range if you have a great hop-up setup. There really is not that much that need to be done on a TM hi-capa.

Over time, the only other problem you might encounter when shooting long range is a bit of side spin, so you can bend the hop-up arm a bit, and if it still gives you trouble, you can get a stainless steel hop-up arm. If you have trouble lifting heavy BBs with a non-rhop setup, you can get the maple leaf ?-key (letters change from gun model, maker, etc, they have many keys) and it will help push harder on the BB to give it more hop, or you can just fashion one yourself.

That's all the basics required to get it to fire really far for a pistol. Then, a stronger hammer spring might help on colder days, but it reduces gas efficiency. Some people swear by high-flow valve on their mags, while they do increase power some, they further reduce gas efficiency. It's up to you to decide if its worth the trade-off.

Is that enough to out-fire AEGs? For stock guns, yes, but its never going to stand up to high end, well tweaked full auto rifle.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 13:42   #23
mikebarkski

Thats nice to hear about stock hi capas...what should i hope for a max accurate range from the unused stock 5.1? i usually use .25/.28s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
You don't have much to do on the hi-capa really. A better hop-up rubber or r-hop would do it. Buying a high quality barrel would help a bit, but the ratio of extra accuracy VS price is not that great. If you absolutely want the best accuracy possible and money is no problem, grab a laylax/nineball or pdi stainless steel barrel and you are good to go. A 6.01 or 6.03 barrel will also increase power a bit, which can add to your range if you have a great hop-up setup. There really is not that much that need to be done on a TM hi-capa.

Over time, the only other problem you might encounter when shooting long range is a bit of side spin, so you can bend the hop-up arm a bit, and if it still gives you trouble, you can get a stainless steel hop-up arm. If you have trouble lifting heavy BBs with a non-rhop setup, you can get the maple leaf ?-key (letters change from gun model, maker, etc, they have many keys) and it will help push harder on the BB to give it more hop, or you can just fashion one yourself.
Old November 16th, 2016, 13:49   #24
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

I had two that could fling 0.30gs BBs a bit past 200 feet. On a low wind day I could hit a person standing still at 200 feet maybe 60-70% of the time when I would take my time to aim correctly. This of course would not translate to in-game performance when people are actually shooting back at you. Also, at roughly 310 fps (on 0.20g, not sure of the power with 0.30g, probably 10-15% higher) they took their sweet time to get there, so they would be easy to dodge if one saw them coming.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 14:08   #25
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

A stock marui M&P does just over 200ft with .25s and .30s
Beyond that you really just need more muzzle energy.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 14:17   #26
_Whiskey_

Also a side note you can get OEM replacement parts for ANY KJW GUN direct from KJW. Everything from Slides,Springs,Internals ETC (Keep in mind Local laws and customs) I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to get OEM parts for a TM.
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 19:26   #27
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Why would you want to replace KJW parts with OEM? Or TM with OEM? Some parts are just bad like some of KJW's stock loading nozzles.
There are better/stronger parts in the aftermarket for 1911's and Hicapas.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2016, 00:05   #28
turok_t

Hey _Whiskey_, your inbox is full. Please clear it out and send me a message. Thanks
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion