Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The BUYING experience; value to cash to FUN ratio

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 4th, 2016, 01:16   #16
Zeroroaster

Yeah ThunderC, I agree...I'd love to say I'm hitting a jar lid at 350 feet, but like you say, fluke...my rifle easily shoots further than 300 feet, but with the variables, I'm pretty happy with a solid hit at 90yds, but then my G36 is pretty darned close to that too. I'm finding that additional few yards is a real challenge....but we'll get 'er...or at least keep trying.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 06:10   #17
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

If you guys are really that remote, then having enough gear is your goal. You can easily buy online after getting some reviews with fare confidence. I guess what I'd do is buy two low end, but decent quality, AEGs like a couple G&G M4's. Your basically getting two for one against the price of a high end one. Start by slowly upgrading one of them as you go to get it where you need it, all the while having a backup in case something happens. If any of your buddies are good with mechanics they should slowly start learning to strip one of these guns down and put it back together, as most AEGs are mostly the same inside, with each brand/style having a few quirks. Be careful though, as starting to gun tech always starts out with breaking things, missing parts and forgetting how to reassemble shit and having to order replacement crap online a lot before you get the hang of it. Or you'll have to ship your stuff away to get it fixed every time, which isn't that big of a deal if you own a backup gun. Don't worry about a backup pistol if you buy a good one, as you shouldn't be running it ragged all the time versus your primary and if it does go down, well, then just ship it for fixing and go without for a time.

I totally recommend getting AV'd though, it's very worth it especially seeing as your biggest resource is the internet where you are. Being AV'd on here opens up a lot of doors to information, a lot of good used guns/gear, and retailers all over Canada. Make a road trip together with all of your buddies and as long as they all have an ASC account before you go, all are 18 years of age or older and all remember to bring government issued photo ID, then they can all get AV'd. The process is fairly quick. If you all travel together, then you can split the costs as much as possible.

Make sure no one forgets their ID though, as they'll have to make the trip again and no exceptions are made.
Old July 4th, 2016, 16:03   #18
mikebarkski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
If you guys are really that remote, then having enough gear is your goal. You can easily buy online after getting some reviews with fare confidence. I guess what I'd do is buy two low end, but decent quality, AEGs like a couple G&G M4's. Your basically getting two for one against the price of a high end one. Start by slowly upgrading one of them as you go to get it where you need it, all the while having a backup in case something happens.
Thank you for the reassurance in the G&G name...we werent really sure if they were cheap in quality down the road or just simply inexpensive. All of us who paid more than 250 for their AEG are still wondering what the extra money went towards (side from the pink femme one that was about 300 after taxes and S&H)...
hopefully we can make a van trip this summer to get Av'd.
mikebarkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 19:34   #19
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

No airsoft gun is invincible, but G&G is certainly worth the price tag. I've had $2,000 guns shit the bed. It's the nature of the sport, if you're not hard on your shit you ain't playin' right.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank