5. 260
  6. 262
  7. 254
  8. 266
  9. 261
  10. 260

Avg. 255.60

Avg. Gain 16.4 fps.

Nothing to brag about.... would be interesting to see the results after the spring has seen some heavy usage.

I should probably point out the disassembly/re-assembly of the MP7A1 was no easy task. If you think GBB makeovers are difficult, you should probably leave this to a professional. I found the MP7 to be considerably more difficult to work with than any of the GBB's I've changed over, thanks to the tight spaces in the gun and the midgetbox Marui designed for this gun.

NOTE: When removing the midgetbox, gently guide the wires through the opening as you slide the midgetbox from the rear of the gun. The wire contact points on the motor are extremely flimsy and could break off easily with the slightest force or impact. The same caution should be used when running the wires back through to re-install the midgetbox. Running the wires back through the opening was a task by itself. :banghead:

Definietly not a mod-friendly gun, and judging by it's power and potential it's more of a collector's piece than a skirmish gun anyway.

But if you're stuck on (with) the MP7 and want some extra fps, the Nine Ball Power Spring is one option for you.
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:23   #2
Maelstrom

interesting, I'll need to compare one of those Guarder chrony's to a shooting chrony when i get a chance. my mp7 was shooting 250-255 stock and 269-275 with a 6.03 tightbore. I wonder how much more I can squeeze with that spring.
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 11:55   #3
Jugglez

Location: Swimming in a pool of Xpresspost receipts.... Toronto - 400/401
Mine was shooting about 250-ish as well when I first got it.
Old July 11th, 2006, 15:44   #4
oOMuDOo

Send a message via ICQ to oOMuDOo Send a message via AIM to oOMuDOo Send a message via MSN to oOMuDOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOMuDOo Send a message via Skype™ to oOMuDOo
*hides under his desk*

Did you see the size of them gears... Yep im not going to attempt this mod for the increase in FPS it gives.

Interesting read. Thanks for the review/post Jugglez.
Old October 1st, 2006, 03:19   #5
beephil

Jugglez, how have you found the spring now you've had more time to run it in?? Have you had any problems so far??? I've just purchased the same spring and am looking to fit an extended tight-bore barrel as well (http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...?prodID=20367).

Also has it noticeably reduced your r.o.f.??

Thanx.
beephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 05:44   #6
Jugglez

No I haven't had any problems... keep in mind this isn't one of my regular gaming guns so it doesn't see alot of action. I just ran it through the chrony yesterday and it was shooting 255-265 fps with Airsoft Elite .20's. ROF isn't noticeably different than stock.
Old October 1st, 2006, 16:42   #7
beephil

Thanx. Will eventually upgrade mine and let you all know how i get on...
beephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 18:20   #8
604DA9

In my opinion, upgrading the TM MP7 isn't that difficult.

If you can handle modifying a TM M4A1, then you can do the MP7.

As always, if you have NEVER upgraded any AEG type before, I would highly recommend AGAINST anyone trying to upgrade their MP7 or AEG...

Jugglez: In regards to the difficulty in putting the gearbox back into the body, you are probably talking about getting the wires back through the opening on the side of the body right???

Solution: Get a paper clip, or a wire, unravel the paper clip so that it's kind of straight. Stick one end of the paper clip into the + or - wire and wrap it in some electrical tape. Thread the paper clip wire through. Easy peasy
604DA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 23:47   #9
Jugglez

I've scratch built M4's before (including an HK416) ...as well as complete metal makeovers of TM GBB's.

Anyways I think you missed the point, the amount of effort/money spent is not worth the 10-15 fps gain.
Old October 12th, 2006, 00:33   #10
Jayhad

Apparently you can use the spring out of Vspec upgrade cylinder.... i haven't tried it but eh review I read stated the MP7 was averaging 307 fps, using .20s But you have to purchase, take apart and then cut down the spring to size and shape the last coil.... Don't know how hard it is but I may be getting it done to my MP7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 00:59   #11
Raysaaark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Apparently you can use the spring out of Vspec upgrade cylinder.... i haven't tried it but eh review I read stated the MP7 was averaging 307 fps, using .20s But you have to purchase, take apart and then cut down the spring to size and shape the last coil.... Don't know how hard it is but I may be getting it done to my MP7

Sounds Interesting, But..... Annoying, Time Consuming, and Frustrating.

Good review Jugglez.

"Piss Off A Liberal - Buy A Gun" Bumpersticker
Raysaaark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 15:23   #12
604DA9

I would have to disagree again.

People think the MP7 is a weak performing gun, but most people aren't speaking from an owners point of view.

I own an MP7, and I've upgraded it with the following and have acheived 300FPS with the most INSANE ROF:
- deepfire spring
- deepfire ball bearing spring guide
- nineball bearing bushings
- nineball 6.03 tightbore
- nineball external battery kit
- running 8.4v 1200mah mini nihm

I know it is your own opinion about "not worth the 10-15fps gain, but we are not talking about a full size AEG. And how much is the Spring for the MP7 anyways??

I was retailing them for $18.50. The cost of the spring plus an hour of your time to put it in is not worth an almost 10% gain in performance!?!?!?!?

I really don't know what you expect out of your machine pistol, but that my friend is a great performance boost right there.

I have been skirmishing against players locally that use 400FPS full size AEGs with my little MP7 and I do just as well if not better than them due to my mobility with the thing.

With my rate of fire, I can overwhelm an AEG user easily with the MP7. It's not recommended, but I have used 9.6v batteries on my MP7 and the rate of fire was faster than a gas powered KSC M11.

Save up your cash and fully mod your MP7 and see what you can do with it. It's one of the best field guns i have used....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugglez View Post
I've scratch built M4's before (including an HK416) ...as well as complete metal makeovers of TM GBB's.

Anyways I think you missed the point, the amount of effort/money spent is not worth the 10-15 fps gain.

Last edited by 604DA9; October 12th, 2006 at 15:25..
Old October 12th, 2006, 16:53   #13
Maelstrom

I do the same thing, been kicking ass since adding the deepfire spring guide/spring, bearing bushings, and 6.03 tightbore, except i use a custom external battery hack job and a 7.4 lipo. it's been a great primary
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 17:00   #14
nic_s

Hey Will, I'm just wondering... how have the gears been holding up? I thought with a combo like that you'd strip the gears right away!
Old October 12th, 2006, 20:53   #15
604DA9

Honestly, any upgrade you do will promote faster wear on stock components.

I have skirmished my MP7 in the following manner:

Bone stock - Using 9.6v 1700mah (*not recommended*). 2 Games, ~3000rnds

Fully Modified - Using 8.4v 1200mah mini (*ok to use*) +10 Games, ~15,000+ rnds

I've opened up the gearbox about 4 times and the gears have shown no significant wear n tear from the higher voltage and mah batteries.

I guess it all depends on maintanence and how u lube and install your parts.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews