Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Trading Mags?

:

General

Old December 15th, 2005, 20:21   #1
Aaidin

Trading Mags?

So, it looks like my retailer might have accidently ordered me in 4 extra high cap mags for my gun and I ordered low-caps. It's for a CA33E so it's not like mags are easy to come by. I was wondering if anyone knows any retailers that might just trade me straight up (maybe a little compensation on my part) hi-caps for lo-caps unopened? Or anyone got any other ideas?
Aaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 20:49   #2
FieroGT

I would have just not paid for them in the first place, and told him to re-order the ones you wanted. Or said no thanks and ordered from someone else.
FieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 21:31   #3
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroGT
I would have just not paid for them in the first place, and told him to re-order the ones you wanted. Or said no thanks and ordered from someone else.

Agreed. If you mistakenly asked him for highcaps, then you should honor your word and accept them.

But, if this is a case of the retailer making a mistake with your order, as you claim, then you are under no obligation to take anything. Is this part of a package deal? I'd take the gun, but refuse the highcaps and demand the money for the mags back. Then go to another retailer for more lowcaps.

It's like any other business transaction. If you went to burgerking and asked for a burger, and got chicken sandwich instead, you're not gonna say "oh well, i'll take whatever you give me, anyone want to trade?" You're gonna have the spine to demand exactly what you asked for!
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 22:10   #4
Aaidin

I haven't paid yet, and I dunno, I have a spine but he's a nice guy and he had enough trouble with me not being down with any of the guns he had in stock and making him order me in one specifically. I don't know what I'll do for sure. Either way, thanks for the responses guys.
Old December 15th, 2005, 23:31   #5
ert

Don't feel bad about making him order a gun for you... it's common assumption in the airsoft world that retailers will have to order guns. They don't always carry a lot of stock, so they know they need to do special orders. It's part of the business.

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 23:38   #6
The Saint

Also remember that the retailer is probably taking a hit from this mistake, since hicaps generally costs more than locaps. Do you really want to financially weaken an already not particularly profitable business?
Old December 15th, 2005, 23:51   #7
DEA

As a retailer, here's what I think. If you did not order them, then I would not expect you to accept them. We have HUGE inventory, and we still order in tons of specific GBB's/AEG's ect. As ert said, it really is part of the business.

Remember, even if you give the mags back to the retailer, they are still his inventory, and he can re-sell them, so really, he's out no money at all.

Now... that all being said... I sure hope it's not me!! hahah.
Old December 16th, 2005, 01:17   #8
Aaidin

I'd agree with your points DEA, but keep in mind no one else around here has a CA33E and those mags only work in those guns. It'd be best for him to return them if at all possible, or send them to a retailer that might have use for them. There's still a small chance it was a screw up on the shipping list and I did get lo-caps, I won't know for another couple days for sure. I feel bad for the guy, but whatever, I gotta watch my back too.
Old December 16th, 2005, 01:28   #9
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
If he were to put them up here, I bet they'd be gone in a week. CA33E stuff is in high demand, especially mags now that lowcaps are hard to get.
Old December 16th, 2005, 01:30   #10
Aaidin

Maybe I'll let him know that. Thanks harleyb.
Old December 16th, 2005, 01:38   #11
DEA

I see your point Aaidin, but personally, as a retailer, I also expect things like that to be a fact of business. It's just part of it! It happens in every business out there. If you actually could see the amount of inventory/stock we have laying around our warehouse right now from that exact situation (Supplier sending wrong items ect..) you would be amazed.
Old December 16th, 2005, 03:04   #12
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA
I see your point Aaidin, but personally, as a retailer, I also expect things like that to be a fact of business. It's just part of it! It happens in every business out there. If you actually could see the amount of inventory/stock we have laying around our warehouse right now from that exact situation (Supplier sending wrong items ect..) you would be amazed.

do I smell a "fire sale"?
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2005, 03:16   #13
DEA

well... how about a

"to expensive to return wrongly sent/defective items back to suppliers overseas, so we just eat the cost" sale!! haha.

Example: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=21444

Not too many people I know would cart that around during a game?? Great toy, or dispay though
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General