Interest in WE GBB's?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 31st, 2006, 21:47   #76
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen
I took mine apart too, haha haven't even fired it yet.. mainly coz I sold my propane adapter to a guy along with my glock.. on another note I noticed that the parts all fit very well and the general quality is actually very good. the only thing I found on mine, which caused me to take it apart in the first place, the right side saftey of the gun (if your looking down the sights) was loose and sloppy. I wanted to know how it connected to the main safety on the left side, turns out its a small triangular connection and thats it, and mine is just.. loose and sloppy.. QC? maybe? Are other peoples like this?
Okay after reading that I checked mine (I rarely use that safety on 1911s, and barely noticed there was one on the right side), and yeah it seems loosish. Did you manage to fix your's?

Quote:
And my leaf spring and hammer spring were fine, my grip saftey appears to be working fine, even after reassembling the gun from a right strip down to look at it all.
hrm. looks like i got a lemon. Bummer. Hope my fix idea works...
Old January 31st, 2006, 22:15   #77
v82slo

Got my Dragon today! I'm so happy but wife doesn't know about it so I haven't fired it yet. Amazing quality and fit and finish (too bad no trades). The grip safety works on my 5.1 Dragon as does the other safeties.

Thanks Randy, DEA for getting this for us.

P.S. If those of us on preorders can get another for the same $$$ then I definitely want a second.
Old January 31st, 2006, 22:42   #78
stokes

What does the grip safety do? mine doesnt do anything... Is it that thing button like object on the back of the pistol grip?

***edit*** my safety grip does work! hahaha
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 22:50   #79
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
My right safety on my V1 WETECH is terrible. And yes, the grip safety doesn't work either. I'd take my WA SVI over it any day.
Old January 31st, 2006, 22:51   #80
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes
What does the grip safety do? mine doesnt do anything... Is it that thing button like object on the back of the pistol grip?
This is the grip safety (sorry Syphen, I stoel3d one of your pics):

On 1911s, you usually cannot pull the trigger (even with a cocked hammer) unless the grip safety is depressed. This is meant to insure you're properly gripping the gun to fire it, and not just accidentally pulling the trigger.
Old January 31st, 2006, 23:32   #81
FieroGT

Damn. I made on order online sunday, for the K model and the Silver Dragon looking model. Didnt recieve a confirmation email. Emailed Double Edge, didnt get a reply. Cancelled my order today through email, dont expect a reply to that either. :x:
FieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 23:35   #82
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroGT
Damn. I made on order online sunday, for the K model and the Silver Dragon looking model. Didnt recieve a confirmation email. Emailed Double Edge, didnt get a reply. Cancelled my order today through email, dont expect a reply to that either. :x:
Maybe you were a bit hasty? Sometimes it can take them more than a day to get back to you, especially if you made your order on a Sunday and they were busy shipping out to the preorder people on Monday. So busy that they got my address wrong. :smack:
Old January 31st, 2006, 23:50   #83
FieroGT

I usually tend to be incredibally impatient. :wink: 2 days is long enough for me to wait though. Its a little odd I didnt even recieve one of those automated responses in the email like Rangers usually does. Not much I can do now though, money went to bills.
FieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 23:57   #84
stokes

I tried to take out that Pin that they said to disassemble the gun but the pin wont go through (it is difficult to take it out). I even tried to take a stick to try and poke it through the right side of the dragon but it still wont part with the gun. Any advice on how to take that Pin out to disassemble the dragon?
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 00:52   #85
Roger

Send a message via ICQ to Roger
Actually Double Edge and Rangers are closed for inventory count on Monday and Tuesday.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 05:05   #86
thePiRaTE!!

Quote:
I tried to take out that Pin that they said to disassemble the gun but the pin wont go through (it is difficult to take it out). I even tried to take a stick to try and poke it through the right side of the dragon but it still wont part with the gun. Any advice on how to take that Pin out to disassemble the dragon?
There is a notch on the slide, you have to hold the slide back so this notch and the top of the pin line up. Or you can just get a bigger stick.
Old February 1st, 2006, 05:17   #87
thePiRaTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieroGT
I must step in to say that my experience thus far with Randy (DEA) has been very well communicated at every stage, occasionally going a few days here and there, but what do you expect?

Airsoft is a cottage industry here in Canada, and as such you are regularly dealing with one person who simply can't spend each day answering mails.

Keep your bridge intact, you might want to cross it on the next pre-order!
Old February 1st, 2006, 05:29   #88
thePiRaTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyb
My right safety on my V1 WETECH is terrible. And yes, the grip safety doesn't work either. I'd take my WA SVI over it any day.
I also recall reading the V1's had a lead-alloy slide that was too heavy thus affecting performace. I did a fit and finish comparison between a V1 review done with nice pics, and my TM 5.1, taking similar pics to the initail review and there were clear gaps in refinement between them. It seems now though, that like many of the copy brands a few generations makes a world of difference. I'm throwing the dice on this batch myself. I'll be sure to give a fair comparison of the WE path, vs the upgraded TM 5.1 path to see if its really still worth the extra dosh.
thePiRaTE!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:49   #89
v82slo

Quote:
I tried to take out that Pin that they said to disassemble the gun but the pin wont go through (it is difficult to take it out).
A few steps to take down the Hi-Capa dragon.

1. Remove front half of slide. Use small allen key to remove bottom screw hold front half to gun.
2. Slide and hold back back half of slide until small notch on slide aligns with back end of slide lock (viewed from left side).
2b. Slide lock and slide have tight tolenrances so make sure bump on slide lock clears the slide notch completly.
3. Push button on other side of gun (viewed from right side). This button is connected to slide lock and pushes the lock out. I had to grab the slide lock on the other side and help it out.
4. Remove slide lock and move back half of slide forward, removing it from gun.

Sorry, I don't have pictures of the take down method but will dig up a Hi-capa take-down video I saw online.

Old February 1st, 2006, 10:13   #90
The Saint

Can't sleep, waiting for gun to arrive.... Can't sleep, brain gong all funny.... Can't sleep, clown will eat me, need Hi-Capa for self-defence....

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion