Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

what would be the better buy in the long run?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 9th, 2012, 18:58   #1
kyle milliken

Smile what would be the better buy in the long run?

Hello ASC for the last couple days I have been looking for a good cheap gun for a new Airsoft player and, being on as much as I am I have found three brands that make good guns. But, before I inform my friend on what gun to spend his hard earned cash on I would like the opinion of the community first.

The first gun I found for him is a full metal King Arms M4.

The second gun I have for him since he likes AUG's is the Classic Army AUG A2.

Third I have found him a third gun that he loves the CYMA AK-47 with blow-back.

Fourth, because recently I have been told its an amazing brand the KWA M4 SR7 Devgru.

*Last because my friend is an ass and cant make up his mind the vfc mk16.*

Also I would like to thank everyone for any wisdom they can share on what gun to buy.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Last edited by kyle milliken; May 10th, 2012 at 22:03..
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 19:07   #2
aZn_triXta07

KA M4 is cheaper option otherwise go with the KWA

AUG only if you really want that look

CYMA AK is built well too but again only if you want that setup.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 19:36   #3
Off_kilter

If you get the cyma disable the blowback and expect to replace parts. The kwa is probably the highest end of the group.
Old May 9th, 2012, 19:42   #4
sarosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_kilter View Post
If you get the cyma disable the blowback and expect to replace parts. The kwa is probably the highest end of the group.
Not neccessarily. Ive had a cyma blowback mp5 for the past 3 years and ive never had a problem with it and ive gamed it hardcor for 3 years. I play with lots of people who use electric blowbacks and dont have any problems either
sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 20:29   #5
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
I do not think KWA is an amazing brand, nor is it the highest end of the group. I find anything that is not 100% TM compatible is taken out of the high tier Brands already. Very debatable about KWA.

However, I am not entirely sure about KWA, but I've heard issues with their gearboxes fitting in other metal bodies or the other way round with other gearboxes not fitting in KWA bodies. Anyway the point is, some of KWA gearbox parts are proprietary, according to some other airsoft forums

Gears (including the pinion)
Bushings/Bearings
Gearbox Shell
HopUp unit
Air Nozzle
Spring guide
External body

Those are the stuff i found on another forum with someone asking what parts are proprietary so just letting you know, however i don't think the gears are proprietary maybe the pinion is but those should be fine, however i can def say the gearbox shell and the hop up is proprietary

So cheapest option to make a badass gun would be to upgrade the King Arms M4, as it is currently the cheapest and best base platform to build a custom rifle from
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:27   #6
iKliiu

If he wants a M4, get the King Arms. I'd advise to stay away from KWA.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 22:36   #7
JonsM4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKliiu View Post
If he wants a M4, get the King Arms. I'd advise to stay away from KWA.
Please explain
Old May 9th, 2012, 23:21   #8
vink

KWA like ICS has a lot of propriety parts limiting it's upgrades/repairability.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:38   #9
ceazer

whats with all the negative feedback on kwa???
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:16   #10
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceazer View Post
whats with all the negative feedback on kwa???
Same as for Ares I guess, proprietary parts, as stated in the thread already
I own a KWA GBB pistol, it's great. Replacement parts are not very hard to find but not readily available either. I guess the same goes for their AEG (I ave no idea of the quality of these)

I own a KA M4, pretty decent for the price, great external, good internals. The one I got had some issues from the starts and I had to replace a few things to have it running great. Most people didnt seem to have this problem so I guess I was just unlucky.

For the price/quality/availability of parts, I'd go with King Arms all-in. You can get whatever part you need from virtually anywhere

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 16:51   #11
ceazer

i happen to own both the ka m4 and a kwa km4 ris both guns perform awesome for me right out of the box. for the thread sake i will compare the kwa km4 (same internals-different externals)
king arms colt m4
pros:
functional boltcatch
100$ cheaper
tm compatible

kwa km4 2gx

2gx gearbox
9mm bearings
tb barrel 6.05-6.03 (says kwa)
faster rate of fire
lipo ready (says kwa)
2gx hop up
pretty much everything internally
externals (only based on colour) same build

both guns perform very well out of the box and the only thing both need to play would be a spring change (maybe not anymore 366+fps) but in my opinion if your looking for a start off gun platform for rebuilding and tinkering by all means go with the ka save 100$ but spend much more in parts and labour if you dont know what your doing, as for the kwa it comes stock not needing any major upgrades, so your decision should be based on what your planing on doing with your gun and go from there.
As for proprietary parts you shouldnt beleive the hype tm compatibility is not what it used to b.e these days with all the parts and different variety of retailers nothing is impossible and shouldnt sway the decisions of new gun buyers...
just my opinion!

Last edited by ceazer; May 10th, 2012 at 17:29..
ceazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 17:06   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'd still take the KA over the kwa... a gearbox replacement is easier to find, vs a kwa if you crack a gearbox, you still have to order from kwa... not difficult, just a bit of a hassle. From what I've read they are speced just a bit different than normal so running normal parts in one could cause issues if say you broke a gear or a piston in the kwa, some pistons/gears work, some don't from what I've read, which is what makes it hard to know what can replace what.

KWA's proprietary parts aren't too bad... at least they have replacements from kwa usa that are reasonably easy to get... as long as it's in stock, which just might mean an extra week or two. I asked about a replacement slide for my m226 pistol, they said they didn't have any, but they would look into it. I checked back in about 2 weeks, they had one ready for me and wrapped it up with a few other things I needed and shipped it off.

With the stories you hear about ARES, you would be lucky if someone even replied to you about even finding the parts you need, let alone having stock for them.

With the 100 you save, you can just run the KA until it breaks and then fix/upgrade when that happens and still be ahead.

I don't think either is a bad buy, but weigh the potentials before making a decision. At least with the KA you will have extra money for other gear needed to start up... when you're just starting that could make a world of difference.

Last edited by lurkingknight; May 10th, 2012 at 17:13..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 17:26   #13
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceazer View Post
i happen to own both the ka m4 and a kwa km4 ris both guns perform awesome for me right out of the box. for the thread sake i will compare the kwa km4 (same internals-different externals)
king arms colt m4
pros:
functional boltcatch
100$ cheaper
proprietary parts
Since when did KA have proprietary parts. Their gearboxes are 100% TM compatible, KWA would be the one thats the most proprietary between the two
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 17:33   #14
ceazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
Since when did KA have proprietary parts. Their gearboxes are 100% TM compatible, KWA would be the one thats the most proprietary between the two
**fixed** lol thinking one thing but writting another
Old May 10th, 2012, 18:01   #15
ceazer

[QUOTE=lurkingknight;1651984]I'd still take the KA over the kwa... a gearbox replacement is easier to find, vs a kwa if you crack a gearbox,

true but... i'd bet it would take alot to crack the 2gx gearbox its made alot thicker then your regular m4 apparently kwa used to have alot of problems with there gearbox cracking due to high rate of fire and bigger springs. thats why they beefed the 2gx up so much, another reason why finding an upper and lower receiver that fits is so hard. without being modified ofcourse
also the thickness of the shell in the 2gx makes it alot stronger for these cold canadian winters we love to play in so much. ive learned the hard way now with just recently getting my whole gearbox rebuilt in my ka as the shell was cracked in half after this past winter abuse of -20 games. hello modify internals

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion