Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CTW ECU Flashing + no fire

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 10th, 2015, 17:54   #1
masterduck

CTW ECU Flashing + no fire

Alright guys, this thread goes together with a previous thread awhile ago...
Say. i had a suspected ECU burnt out awhile ago and today i finally got the replacement part.

Now when i switch to fire/auto and press down on the white ecu button, the blue led comes on, but the gun still wont fire.....

Any idea whats wrong?

thanks!

Last edited by masterduck; January 10th, 2015 at 18:21..
masterduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 23:25   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I'm not sure what you're saying. You've replaced the ECU and you're still getting the same issue?

Here's your system; computer, ECU/optics, switch/fire selector, motor. Let's say your gun is in safe and you connect a battery; if you put it in semi and give it a single trigger pull, and then you have a constant blinking light on your optics, then it's likely your motor. Does it intermittently fire once in awhile? If so, then it's likely your motor as well. Why do think it's the ECU?

Last edited by Ricochet; January 10th, 2015 at 23:31..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2015, 04:31   #3
masterduck

OPse. What I meant was after I replaced the ecu, my gun still won't Fire. However the good news is this time the blue led comes on when I press the white button on the ecu.
Old January 11th, 2015, 05:32   #4
Ricochet

Okay, the white button is the trigger contact, I'm assuming you know that. Does the LED have a slow steady blink when you push it, does it come on and stay on, or does it just remain on while you're depressing it?

Also, the light would not come on at all with your old ECU? Or it is acting exactly the same?

It sounds like you either have a motor issue or a fire selector issue.
Old January 11th, 2015, 12:57   #5
masterduck

Old ECU: No light, no spin; even when the trigger contact is pressed with fire selector set to fire.
New ECU: blue lights comes on and stays on as long as the trigger control is pressed with fire selector to fire. But still no spin when trigger is pressed.

best

kev
Old January 11th, 2015, 13:13   #6
Ricochet

If I have to guess I'd say your fire selector board may be fried. Know anyone with a CTW or PTW or FCC, etc? Change out the fire selector and see if it changes anything.

First off, remove your grip, and turn motors commentator a few turns, and then see if it'll cycle once or twice. It could still be the motor. Try this a couple times, by just clicking the commutator over 3-4 clicks and then firing.

If it isn't an obvious fix then email CTW or a licensed dealer and see if this is a common issue. Do this before you cost yourself more money.
Old January 11th, 2015, 13:45   #7
masterduck

Cool. Thanks dude, i will do just that and see.
Old January 11th, 2015, 14:21   #8
FULLMETAL

I will recommend you to enter to the CTW users facebook group bud... You might get better answers for this issue.

When the light is flashing it can be because of different reasons I had an issue with the battery and I got the same (at least in my case low battery was the issue).

So maybe something is funky with your mosfet or the battery itself.

Last edited by FULLMETAL; January 11th, 2015 at 14:30..
FULLMETAL is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner