Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 AEG w/ recoil/blowback suggestions, help!

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 24th, 2016, 12:12   #16
Rydock

I have a KWA RM4 ERG that has been upgraded with a new inner barrel, flat-hopped. I also swapped out the handguard for a free-float rail system.

I absolutely love this gun. I use it exclusively as my main gun. The quick change spring allows me to change my FPS in less than 3 minutes. Just need a good castle nut wrench and you're good to go.
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:35   #17
Zak2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydock View Post
I have a KWA RM4 ERG that has been upgraded with a new inner barrel, flat-hopped. I also swapped out the handguard for a free-float rail system.

I absolutely love this gun. I use it exclusively as my main gun. The quick change spring allows me to change my FPS in less than 3 minutes. Just need a good castle nut wrench and you're good to go.
This is exactly what I needed to hear thank you. Looks like I'm in the market for a KWA RM4 ERG.
Zak2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 12:50   #18
Rydock

Here's a photo of mine. The receiver is pretty beat up as I'm pretty rough with my guns when playing. This rifle holds up really well to my abuse. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped it, by accident, onto concrete.

Old November 24th, 2016, 13:31   #19
Zak2501

Quote:
Here's a photo of mine. The receiver is pretty beat up as I'm pretty rough with my guns when playing. This rifle holds up really well to my abuse. I can't tell you how many times I've dropped it, by accident, onto concrete.

Awesome I wanna do something like that with my rail down the line.
How accurate and effective is it at long range?
Like if you wanted to switch to a scope and play more long range.
Old November 24th, 2016, 13:46   #20
Rydock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak2501 View Post
Awesome I wanna do something like that with my rail down the line.
How accurate and effective is it at long range?
Like if you wanted to switch to a scope and play more long range.
I can definitely reach out and touch people with the hop-up set right. Just get a really nice barrel with a flat-hopped bucking or even an R-hop if you don't mind putting in the work.

Also, I had to remove my fuse box because it was giving me a lot of trouble with this rail. I'm not saying a recommend doing this, but if you're smart with your wiring and you don't hold down your trigger to try to clear a jam, you're good to go. That said, I've never had a jam, and my wiring is protected with airline tubing and properly shrink-wrapped, so in the rare event that my quick detach wiring ever comes loose, there is no way they would short.

Last edited by Rydock; November 24th, 2016 at 13:52..
Old November 25th, 2016, 10:38   #21
Zak2501

Quote:
I can definitely reach out and touch people with the hop-up set right. Just get a really nice barrel with a flat-hopped bucking or even an R-hop if you don't mind putting in the work.
Where is a good place to get one in Canada? Doesn't seem any of my local shops carry any so I am going to have to order it from some online Canadian retailer.
Old November 25th, 2016, 23:28   #22
porch20000

To solve the unsettled dispute of which EBB kicks the most, I bought and own every single EBB M4 you mentioned as we speak. In terms of recoil, if any, the ranking of mine is:

ERG with ULYSSES recoil control weight installed > LONEX EBB with BO DYNAMICS branding > BOLT EBB (I got 2 of the new version called HEAVY RECOIL) > stock ERG > LONEX EBB with own branding and the recoil kit is sold separately (don't buy it, You will regret it unless your standard isn't high) > Marui EBB M4

If you don't mind my post in mandarin, see the link for more pics, all are my EBBs.

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-175550-1-2.html

Here is link of the review on the ULYSSES kit, every ERG owner should try it. The felt recoil has been increased a whole lot. The recoil kicks crisp and straight right back to your shoulder, not just shaking back and forth like BOLT. BOLT, however, shakes your shoulder more in other people's eyes and it also will "bounce" your red dot the most if a reflex sight is being used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMtvJTuC5-s

This is my newest build for ERG, I hate to see a battery box on my beautiful rail, so all my ERGs are rear wired, and yes, it's so hard to find one now probably because I bought all of them last few months (rear wired ones). I heard there will be a huge restock in Jan.

I'm waiting for BOLT MB5 SWAT to arrive at Canada, I will keep you posted to see if it's the new king of RECOIL among EBBs.

Last edited by porch20000; November 26th, 2016 at 00:00.. Reason: Add links
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 00:16   #23
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porch20000 View Post
To solve the unsettled dispute of which EBB kicks the most, I bought and own every single EBB M4 you mentioned as we speak. In terms of recoil, if any, the ranking of mine is:

ERG with ULYSSES recoil control weight installed > LONEX EBB with BO DYNAMICS branding > BOLT EBB (I got 2 of the new version called HEAVY RECOIL) > stock ERG > LONEX EBB with own branding and the recoil kit is sold separately (don't buy it, You will regret it unless your standard isn't high) > Marui EBB M4

If you don't mind my post in mandarin, see the link for more pics, all are my EBBs.

Here is link of the review on the ULYSSES kit, every ERG owner should try it. The felt recoil has been increased a whole lot. The recoil kicks crisp and straight right back to your shoulder, not just shaking back and forth like BOLT. BOLT, however, shakes your shoulder more in other people's eyes and it also will "bounce" your red dot the most if a reflex sight is being used.

This is my newest build for ERG, I hate to see a battery box on my beautiful rail, so all my ERGs are rear wired, and yes, it's so hard to find one now probably because I bought all of them last few months (rear wired ones). I heard there will be a huge restock in Jan.

I'm waiting for BOLT MB5 SWAT to arrive at Canada, I will keep you posted to see if it's the new king of RECOIL among EBBs.
Where do you buy the ULYSSES kit?
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 00:45   #24
Rydock

Quote:

Where did you get the ULYSSES kit?! I've been wanting one of these real bad. Just could not figure out how to get one into Canada.
Old November 26th, 2016, 00:52   #25
shelcoof

Love the recoil on the KWA M4 ERG. I actually tried this gun and the TM HK416 the same day and I was amazed at how much kick both guns had.

This was two Nightfalls ago a very friendly generous player from the Green team was chronoing his gun and allowed me to test fire the gun. One of my team mates was rocking the KWA ERG. After trying both I knew I had to get one.

But many people advised me not to get the KWA due to proprietary parts but after getting the gun and having pretty good past experience with KWA Customer Service I'm at ease knowing at least I can fix my gun if something goes wrong.

I've put in all the upgrades I wanted into the ERG. Internals and gearbox are quit beefy. I was surprised to be honest and I also own G&P, King Arms and VFC guns.

Take down of the gun and getting into the internals weren't difficult at all.

Installed myself a new Rail, R-Hopped Inner Barrel, and a LYNX Mosfet.

Things I really like about the KWA ERG compared to the rest of the guns I've owned.

The magwell seems to accept all my magazines without any issues or modifications. I absolutely LOVE that!! No shimming no taping no velcro!!! No misfeeding!!!!

Trigger on the gun feels very very nice. There is this sort of soft feeling the trigger has which has nice feedback but allows for quick and easy trigger pulls on semi.

There are two minor issue which doesn't bother me much about the gun. The paint job comes off quit easily and is prone to scratching.

My PTS ERG is front wired making battery options limited if you like aesthetics like me.

Everything else about the gun feels very solid.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:13   #26
Rydock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Love the recoil on the KWA M4 ERG. I actually tried this gun and the TM HK416 the same day and I was amazed at how much kick both guns had.

This was two Nightfalls ago a very friendly generous player from the Green team was chronoing his gun and allowed me to test fire the gun. One of my team mates was rocking the KWA ERG. After trying both I knew I had to get one.

But many people advised me not to get the KWA due to proprietary parts but after getting the gun and having pretty good past experience with KWA Customer Service I'm at ease knowing at least I can fix my gun if something goes wrong.

I've put in all the upgrades I wanted into the ERG. Internals and gearbox are quit beefy. I was surprised to be honest and I also own G&P, King Arms and VFC guns.

Take down of the gun and getting into the internals weren't difficult at all.

Installed myself a new Rail, R-Hopped Inner Barrel, and a LYNX Mosfet.

Things I really like about the KWA ERG compared to the rest of the guns I've owned.

The magwell seems to accept all my magazines without any issues or modifications. I absolutely LOVE that!! No shimming no taping no velcro!!! No misfeeding!!!!

Trigger on the gun feels very very nice. There is this sort of soft feeling the trigger has which has nice feedback but allows for quick and easy trigger pulls on semi.

There are two minor issue which doesn't bother me much about the gun. The paint job comes off quit easily and is prone to scratching.

My PTS ERG is front wired making battery options limited if you like aesthetics like me.

Everything else about the gun feels very solid.
How do you like having a mosfet on the ERG? Do you lose functionality of the bolt-lock?
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:23   #27
shelcoof

Quote:
How do you like having a mosfet on the ERG? Do you lose functionality of the bolt-lock?
I actually never used the bolt lock feature. I use 120round magazines. KWA comes with a 30/60 round magazine.

The LYNX is a very basic and tiny mosfet. I've only installed it to protect my trigger contacts from burning up. I assume the bolt lock functionality would not be affected.

After my VFC trigger contacts burnt up after three games all my guns have mosfets. Its piece of mind knowing at least you have one less thing to worry about.

I have the Fortis Rail installed and there is plenty of room for the LYNX inside the hand guard.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:37   #28
Rydock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
I actually never used the bolt lock feature. I use 120round magazines. KWA comes with a 30/60 round magazine.

The LYNX is a very basic and tiny mosfet. I've only installed it to protect my trigger contacts from burning up. I assume the bolt lock functionality would not be affected.

After my VFC trigger contacts burnt up after three games all my guns have mosfets. Its piece of mind knowing at least you have one less thing to worry about.

I have the Fortis Rail installed and there is plenty of room for the LYNX inside the hand guard.
Oh I see. I've been using my RM4 for over half a year now "unprotected." I've never considered a mosfet, up until recently, as I haven't yet heard of any reports of contact burn out. You're literally the second person I've heard of installing a mosfet and now I'm thinking if I should get one too.

Also, I exclusively use the 30/60 PMAGS now as I really like the bolt lock feature. I ended up buying a ton of these and I'm probably going to consider selling off my PTS EPMs since I never really use them anymore.
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:57   #29
porch20000

Quote:
Where did you get the ULYSSES kit?! I've been wanting one of these real bad. Just could not figure out how to get one into Canada.
I got them from GMARKET, it's a rare Korean website which is English friendly. They will buy it locally for you and ship out to your country. Expensive though, and you will lose some FPS with the kit installed. My ERG now only shoots 330fps (0.25 g) now.
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 02:23   #30
Rydock

Quote:
I got them from GMARKET, it's a rare Korean website which is English friendly. They will buy it locally for you and ship out to your country. Expensive though, and you will lose some FPS with the kit installed. My ERG now only shoots 330fps (0.25 g) now.
That FPS would not bother me in the slightest. How much did it end up costing you for one of these kits, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by Rydock; November 26th, 2016 at 02:30..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank