Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Northeast Sten Mk2 **Pics**

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 15th, 2019, 18:52   #1
Oberst39

Northeast Sten Mk2 **Pics**

The new northeast sten Mk2. I have been collecting WW2 airsoft weapons for 10 years or so, and have to say that this thing is an ABSOLUTE thing of beauty. All steel construction, strips and breaks down like the real thing, and weighs in just a few ounces less than the real deal. The recoil is incredible and makes this exciting to shoot. For those interested in purchasing one of these beauties, they can be purchased from: www.triggerairsoft.com based out of Richmond B.C.

Disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with trigger whatsoever! I picked mine up from the store which is local to me. For those of you that are WW2 collectors or enthusiasts, I highly recommend that you go out and get one of these beauties. This gun will be the highlight of your collection and you will not be dissappointed at all.

Last edited by Oberst39; August 16th, 2019 at 20:43..
Oberst39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 22:23   #2
Oberst39

Northeast Sten Mk2 - Pics

Specifications:

Magazine Capacity: 32
Length: 760mm
Barrel Length: 175mm
Weight: 3170g
System: Open Bolt Gas Blowback, Semi/ Full Auto, TM Spec Hop-Up
Muzzle Velocity: 377-390 FPS w/ 0.2g BBs
Package Includes: Gun, Magazine, Manual

Pics:

Last edited by Oberst39; August 16th, 2019 at 10:35..
Old August 17th, 2019, 15:33   #3
Oberst39

First Impressions....

I had the opportunity today to take my Sten out for a prolonged “test drive”. So, here are the details for those still on the fence. Gun weight, as I stated in my earlier post, this gun weighs in 2 oz short of the real steel version. The gun is solid as a rock, no wobbles, loose ends and seems that it can take quite a beating though you would not want to intentionally beat this thing against a door. The magazine as stated holds 32 rounds and when topped with green gas, easily empties the magazine with room to spare another go at it. The gun consistently fired and chronoed at 390fps per full mag using 0.2g bbs, and the final shot in the mag consistently chronoed at 384-385 fps. I did not encounter any blockages whatsoever. The hopup is adjustable, but in order to do so, must remove the barrel which is a simple matter of unscrewing the barrel nut and pulling the barrel assembly out. Very straight forward and can be done in a matter of seconds.

I have to say that I am impressed by the fire power this thing produces and as for the kick, well you have to feel it to really appreciate the force this thing produces when the breach block cycles as well as how loud it is. In full auto, this thing rocks. It fires true to the real steel and in full auto results in that very distinctive sound of a Sten.

Disassembly, well again this is exactly true to the real steel version. It makes for easy transporting and cleaning. As for gaming this particular gun, I think for British or Canadian re-enactors this is the weapon to have. Due to the precision and meticulous detail that went in to faithfully reproducing this gun, I do not think that any other Sten will ever come close (AGM). Northeast, keep up the good work and lets see a Bren in the future!

Last edited by Oberst39; August 17th, 2019 at 20:21..
Old August 19th, 2019, 00:54   #4
Full-Auto-Seer

I'm excited for their other MkII with the "Canadian" stock and the locking charging handle. How's the hop on this? How much range can you squeeze out of it?
Old August 19th, 2019, 18:38   #5
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Auto-Seer View Post
I'm excited for their other MkII with the "Canadian" stock and the locking charging handle. How's the hop on this? How much range can you squeeze out of it?
The “Canadian” stock you are referring to, I assume is the skeleton stock. Just a note to all, the real steel sten stocks fit perfectly on this gun with a very very slight dremmel to the base plate on the stocks. Perhaps 1mm needs to be filed off for them to fit perfectly. Not a big problem at all to modify.

Speaking to the distance, I was only shooting at a range of 30-40 feet and getting a great grouping everytime. The hopup is very good and very easy to set. The sten was not made for longer ranges as the barrel is quite short. For close quarters, this is the perfect weapon.

Here are some pics of the gun and you can see the hopup dial in one of them..

Old August 30th, 2019, 00:01   #6
Oberst39

A few facts.....

Common to popular belief, the name Sten originated from the surnames of its two designers Shepard and Turpin and EN for England NOT Enfield.

Stens were originally produced with three types of metal covering:
  • Semi-matt black bronzing, the type used on most British weapons prior to WW2.
  • Grey satin bronzing.
  • Coat of black paint.

Many different types of finishes were applied on these weapons:
  • Parkerisation
  • Olive green paint
  • Grey matt paint
  • Camouflage paint

The northeast sten will accept all aftermarket stocks available for the Sten such as those made for the Denix, see the link below where to purchase....

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/sten-g...ton-stock.html

Last edited by Oberst39; August 30th, 2019 at 00:53..
Old April 1st, 2020, 20:46   #7
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Sorry for the necro, any place sell this in Canada? Trigger is out of stock

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2020, 01:56   #8
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrea View Post
Sorry for the necro, any place sell this in Canada? Trigger is out of stock
Hmmm, not that I am aware of...I know that Trigger had them a few months ago....You may be able to order from Redwolf if they have them in stock....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Oberst39; April 2nd, 2020 at 02:00..
Old April 2nd, 2020, 08:44   #9
McCrea
a.k.a. Morgothor
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst39 View Post
Hmmm, not that I am aware of...I know that Trigger had them a few months ago....You may be able to order from Redwolf if they have them in stock....

With the exchange rate right now, almost 120$ more than Trigger... I think I will have to wait.

If you ever think of selling it. Please let me know

FAQC.CA - WW2QUEBEC.ORG
McCrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:49   #10
Oberst39

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrea View Post
With the exchange rate right now, almost 120$ more than Trigger... I think I will have to wait.

If you ever think of selling it. Please let me know

I’ll keep my eye on the Trigger website. I think of all my WW2 airsoft weapons this along with my Webley are my favorites for sure due to the absolute realism of the mechanisms, components and field stripping. I would recommend both to anyone interested in collecting where the real steel versions are not an option in Canada unless you purchase deactivated weapons. Good luck and I’ll keep my eyes open for you as well.

Cheers

Marc

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion