Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Why Airsoft?

:

General

Old July 9th, 2012, 20:15   #31
coach
aka coachster

You guys gear those voices too? I thought it was just me. I just tune them out cause whenever I listen to them, I get in trouble.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 20:33   #32
Viperfish

Why airsoft?

I dont have to play with kids/paintballers.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 20:49   #33
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Formally RedComrade

- Love of militaria.
- That feeling of being a kid playing war in the woods with a stick shaped even remotely like a gun.
- Many members of the community, some of whom over 11yrs of playing have grown to be considered some of my best friends.
- The after game beers with the team where we tell our war stories and laugh about what unfortunate place we got shot this time.
- That feeling, that little squeeeee feeling when you toss on all your gear, grab your rifle of choice and place that first step onto the field.
Old July 9th, 2012, 21:28   #34
Ozone06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
Why airsoft?

I dont have to play with kids/paintballers.

This

For me it was a natural progression from First person shooters to the next step. Physical combat. I've learned a lot along the way as well. There's nothing like being the first guy through a door when assaulting a room. Some games can give you a tinge of that feeling but nothing truely like it.

Also I've met some great people along the way and that alone is worth the $$ I've dumped into this sport.
Ozone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 21:42   #35
nitro1

Why airsoft? Whether your 5 years old or 55 years old, people are drawn to shooting bb guns, shooting them at each other with no serious consequences is all the more better. It doesn't hurt that they are realistic too.. That's why.
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 22:04   #36
Aper
E-30

Why airsoft ? I've been in the Forces for 4, almost 5 years. I played airsoft before being in the Forces in 2003, and decided to get back into it this year.

Airsoft keeps me attached to my old military life; guns and gear, sense of emergency, reflexes, adrenaline, organisation, and so on.

Also, I don't have any other hobby, so it was a good reason to start back. One more thing that I like about airsoft is brotherhood. You make good friends, enjoy their presence during games and share experiences.

West Coast EOD Supporter. // Bang One, Bang Em All ! // In war, it's not who's right, but who's left.
Aper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 22:11   #37
horto

Grew up in a LEO/Mil focused family.
Enjoy getting out into nature.... With guns.
Much better at shooting 6mm bb's than shanking golf balls. Also was sick of the yuppies on the golf course.
ASC is a nice reprieve to my day job.
Used to be really into playing neighborhood "war" with my early childhood friends... Now I play airsoft with those same guys! Also pretty much the only chance we have to hang out now that they have kids.
Where else would I have gotten to fly around in a helicopter with a rifle? Well... Besides the obvious.
Plus I've met some pretty cool and interesting people along the way that I would have never otherwise met...

Fly 9's sig: "Airsoft - There's nothing better than getting out in nature, away from everything you hate, and shooting at your best friend" - amen brother

Last edited by horto; July 9th, 2012 at 22:27..
horto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 22:45   #38
jomor

Well I'm turning 50 in a couple of months and after reading a few of the comments I feel a whole lot better about my age in this hobby. My passion for Military History, my family tradition of service in time of need, and my love of shooting my buddys who are better than I'am at more conventionaly accepted sports. Playing this in the great outdoors with friends of all ages keeps me young and I LOVE IT!!!
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 23:37   #39
Varjeal

Airsoft is my "me" time. Me time to hang with my friends, me time meeting new friends, me time sitting at a table with a mechbox open, me time when the phones get shut off, and I get to pick up a gun or two or three and sweat some of the fat off thats been collecting all week.
Varjeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 06:53   #40
Mr. inked

Meeting new and exciting people.....then shooting at them
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:39   #41
AirsoftChewy

Some great responses here, just the types of things I had expected but wasn't sure about.

I really dig getting out and having those exchanges of fire with other players, looking for that advantage, that on edge feeling trying to spot your opponents... I mean the list goes on.

A year ago I would never have touched a gun, never heard of this sport nor would I have even tried it. My, how things have changed.

Last outing I was on a team of 3 defenders against the rest of the players, I got pinned and eventually tagged but damn it was a highlight of the night. I don't have to win, I just have to learn! The curve is still pretty steep, but it's coming a step or 2 every time I hit the field.

Thanks to all for responding, keep em coming
Old July 14th, 2012, 21:35   #42
AirsoftChewy

Er...... Ok don't keep em coming! Lmao

I was wondering how many people did it for the simple fact that for whatever reason they couldn't join the military.

I wanted to fly a fighter jet. But because I need corrective lens I am not even a candidate to wash a military pilots skivvies.

I saw all these threads on what people didn't like and just thought a space to yak about what we do like about the sport would be a welcome site. And Im glad for some it was.

I had a great time out cqb'n last night - even had a round where I put people down multiple times without getting hit. Tons of fun!
Old July 14th, 2012, 21:53   #43
Tankdude

I like to hunt humans.
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2012, 22:07   #44
dogtoy

Many , many reasons ,...but everyone loves one of funnest ,...
someone comes over to your place for the first time & you get to see the reaction when you say "Oh hey ,...Wanna see my AK ?"
dogtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:20   #45
Grizzly0679

I plan on invading Cuba all by myself so I'm just trying to get some trigger practice.

but seriously...why not play it? To each their own. But I suppose if sass is not what your buddy is looking for, it's a little bit of combat in a controlled environment. Very much like sparring in martial arts, you generally walk away with only minor injuries but it still allows the person to simulate combat without having to actually hurt anyone or risk brain damage.

I like military stuff and this allows me to walk "the less road less taken". Like the School teacher who coaches hockey or the surgeon who plays in a band - we all have different sides to our personality which we wish to live out. Airsoft provides that opportunity.

simplest answer: it's fuckin' fun.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General