Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

007 SRC Guns

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 24th, 2011, 12:11   #151
Grrxmaster

Send a message via MSN to Grrxmaster
Ken, I'm curious..
On your site, any non-civilian AEG has no price listed, but for non-civilian GBBs, the price is indeed listed. Why is this?
Grrxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:20   #152
LegioXIII

Grrr...all the stuff I want is "Not For Civilian"
LegioXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 13:22   #153
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

"not for civilian" is that like.....to weed out anyone thats not age verified? Cuz some of those "not for civilian" guns i bought them at a local shop....
Old January 24th, 2011, 13:42   #154
LegioXIII

I don't think it has anything to do with the AV process, just the "trying to run a legit business under restrictive laws" thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember years ago (7-10) 007 had a LOT of guns for sale, and then I think the whole lot of them were seized (probably when the "Replica Firearm" definitions were being sorted out when C-68 was put into law). I thought for sure the business would go under, but kudos to them for sticking it through.
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:03   #155
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

It would be nice if only AVed people were able to get the Not For Civilain stuff at 007... but I think it is only those in the film, security, law enforcement, etc business that get to buy those guns
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:17   #156
Lt_Crazy

^^^ just get em used!!! NO other choice!!!

Fiction has to make sense.

-Tom Clancy
Lt_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:21   #157
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

^ I know... or when it comes to 007 just get an SRC... they seem really nice
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:39   #158
LegioXIII

The SRC RPK makes me drool.
Old January 24th, 2011, 16:58   #159
Laurel
a.k.a. mak11

I should post a thread for this but... I dont want to waste the space. I am torn for my first AEG between ICS M4 and the SRC M4....... and it is driving me crazy, to the point that I cannot sleep at night...

All I know is that I want to play outdoor, and I want the gun to have a realistic weight... which I think is difficult since both ICS and SRC are metal.... if anybody reads this, please put me out of my misery and just tell me which one is just more bang for the buck I guess.... who knows
Old January 24th, 2011, 17:01   #160
LegioXIII

Don't know enough about either to recommend. However, ICS does have the split gearbox design.
Old January 24th, 2011, 17:23   #161
Enjoi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak11 View Post
I should post a thread for this but... I dont want to waste the space. I am torn for my first AEG between ICS M4 and the SRC M4....... and it is driving me crazy, to the point that I cannot sleep at night...

All I know is that I want to play outdoor, and I want the gun to have a realistic weight... which I think is difficult since both ICS and SRC are metal.... if anybody reads this, please put me out of my misery and just tell me which one is just more bang for the buck I guess.... who knows
ICS:tup:
Old February 10th, 2011, 18:34   #162
KenC

Send a message via MSN to KenC
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrxmaster View Post
Ken, I'm curious..
On your site, any non-civilian AEG has no price listed, but for non-civilian GBBs, the price is indeed listed. Why is this?
Not for civilians means that they are classified as replica firearms and are prohibited for import, unless you have a prohibited goods permit. But, this permit isn't issued to civilians, hence these products are not for civilians.

Basically in Canada,

A replica Airsoft gun is only legal for import if it shoots a 0.2g 6mm BB within 407-785FPS. At this range they are classified as uncontrolled firearms.

If it shoots under this range, it's a replica firearm, and is prohibited.

If it shoots above this range, it's a controlled firearm and you need a PAL and firearm registration.

For more legality info, please see www.007airsoft.com/legality.htm

Ken
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:15   #163
QKLee11

SRC Full Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiphon View Post
I visited Ken just a few days ago. I was expecting the usual cansoft fare, however to my surprise nearly his entire lineup of inventory appears to be full metal now. New upgraded full metal SRC AEG's, shotguns, Dragonov SVD's and even GBBR's!

I picked up a new shotty (pictured below from his site) for SUPER cheap and have been really impressed with the full metal construction, consistently high fps and accuracy.

Recommend people check them out!
Bought a SRC H&K 416 from Ken last month, arrived in Toronto 3 days later, lipo ready, shoots hard and fast...can't wait to game outside when the weather gets better, want to see how durable it is...price was very reasonable Ken...will be compairing this model to the KWA model M 4 I have this summer...in the meantime give Ken's product a try.

Q
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 13:06   #164
KenC

Send a message via MSN to KenC
Quote:
Originally Posted by QKLee11 View Post
Bought a SRC H&K 416 from Ken last month, arrived in Toronto 3 days later, lipo ready, shoots hard and fast...can't wait to game outside when the weather gets better, want to see how durable it is...price was very reasonable Ken...will be compairing this model to the KWA model M 4 I have this summer...in the meantime give Ken's product a try.

Q

As for the KWA's that are available in Canada, I found that it is unreasonable to include a non-metal cylinder head with only one o-ring. I had to replace a few of those for customers who were expected an aluminum or steel cylinder head with double o-rings, for the money they paid.

Even the SRC Gen III gives you aluminum cylinder head with double o-ring to make sure the air seal is perfect, and the cylinder head nozzle won't bend and break like it will on the plastic ones !
Old February 24th, 2011, 20:17   #165
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
Not for civilians means that they are classified as replica firearms and are prohibited for import, unless you have a prohibited goods permit. But, this permit isn't issued to civilians, hence these products are not for civilians.

Basically in Canada,

A replica Airsoft gun is only legal for import if it shoots a 0.2g 6mm BB within 407-500FPS. At this range they are classified as uncontrolled firearms.

If it shoots under this range, it's a replica firearm, and is prohibited.

If it shoots above this range, it's a controlled firearm and you need a PAL and firearm registration.

For more legality info, please see www.007airsoft.com/legality.htm

Ken
*Corrected*Anything hotter than 500FPS and you'll need your firearms license. I also think the "not for civilians" tag is misleading, since owning a prohibited goods license doesn't invalidate you civilian status. Neither does being a full time soldier qualify you for easier access to airsoft guns.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank