Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

marui m4 sopmod front sight dissassebly

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old November 6th, 2009, 19:12   #1

marui m4 sopmod front sight dissassebly

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to take off the front iron sight off of a marui m4 sopmod. I know for the regular marui m4, u just take out the 2 bottom pins, the allen key screw thing at the bottom and take off the flash hinder before u can take the iron sight off but i'm not sure if it's different for the sopmod.

I already took off the flash hinder and the 2 pins for the sopmod iron sight but I can't seem to find an allen key that would fit into the hole for the allen key part. After looking inside the hole that the allan key is supposed to go in with a magnifying lense, I'm beginning to think that it might not need an allen key and that something else is still holding the sight in place. Any idea what it is and how i might be able to take it off?

thanks!
355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 19:22   #2
jareyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to take off the front iron sight off of a marui m4 sopmod. I know for the regular marui m4, u just take out the 2 bottom pins, the allen key screw thing at the bottom and take off the flash hinder before u can take the iron sight off but i'm not sure if it's different for the sopmod.

I already took off the flash hinder and the 2 pins for the sopmod iron sight but I can't seem to find an allen key that would fit into the hole for the allen key part. After looking inside the hole that the allan key is supposed to go in with a magnifying lense, I'm beginning to think that it might not need an allen key and that something else is still holding the sight in place. Any idea what it is and how i might be able to take it off?

thanks!
Just did this today actually. It's just the two pins as far as I know. Just tapped em out and the sight slid pretty freely. You might need to wiggle the sight a bit just to loosen, then it should slide.
jareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 19:56   #3

after a lot of effort, it finally came off but the faux gas tube thing came out with it. is there any way to take pull the tube off the sight other than force?
355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 00:21   #4
jareyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355 View Post
after a lot of effort, it finally came off but the faux gas tube thing came out with it. is there any way to take pull the tube off the sight other than force?
I'm not sure actually. On my gun, the gas tube actually just slides around pretty freely. You know how there's that small hole on either side of the armalite sight on the section that the tube goes into? It actually lines up perfectly with a hole on the gas tube and yours might have something in that hole holding the assembly in place. All I know is mine had nothing there when I got it, but I also didn't buy mine 100% new. Could be a pressure pin or something.
jareyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications