Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help on myths/questions: KSC and KWA G19

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 11th, 2008, 23:14   #1
sooproobrdoobr

Help on myths/questions: KSC and KWA G19

Ok, from what i've read and researched....

The KSC G19 is of better quality than the KWA G19 because of:
-KSC made in japan and KWA in taiwan
-KSC having HW frame(heaveyweight) and KWA having ABS plastic frame

I am very confused by the whole HW plastic thing. Some say they both have it some don't. Can someone clear this up once and for all? Which has the HW frame and which doesn't?
To add to the confusion, on A&Asurplus, in KSC GBBs, there are 2 G19s, one says ABS version, one says Japan version... WHAAT? and in the KWA section there is only one G19

Also, can some KWA and KSC owners tell me if they experience wobble in the slide and barrel or just in the gun generally?

So if i'm correct... if i want the better GBB G19, i should buy the KSC G19 and then buy a metal slide for it from www.uncompany.com for $63...? (I'm sure they let metal slides and barrels in, correct me if im wrong).

THANX GUYS I really want to make sur before i bomb $400
sooproobrdoobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2008, 23:31   #2
matt491

You've answered your own question. KSC is the better build for reasons beyond me. I have two KSC glock 17's and absolutely love them both to death! KSC's internals are top notch in my opinion. Better to get the better internals and upgrade the exterior later. I spent 55 bucks getting a metal slide and another 10 or 15 for the upgrade recoil spring and spring guide from ehobby. Well, worth it. Hit up hellfire989 and see if he has any KSC G17's left. I got mine from him and for a damn near steal, at 270 (I think it was).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
It will help to not get you flamed here, and will help you get a job that doesn't require the repeated use of the phrase "Would you like fries with that?"
matt491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 01:01   #3
Crunchmeister

I have a KSC G17 (also bought from hellfire) and it's a solid pistol. Even fully stock, it was a great little pistol. Everything fits together well and there are no wobbles or knocks. I upgraded to a metal slide and a Madbull Black Python tightbore barrel and it kicks ass in every respect now.

I don't know how the G17 and G19 compare, but I would assume that they're made to the same standards.

I also wonder what the difference is between the 'regular' version and the Japan version. Perhaps the Japan version has a lower muzzle velocity as per Japanese laws. I don't know. Just my guess here. But if anyone knows, please share.
Old January 12th, 2008, 03:00   #4
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

I have 2 KSC G19's, both solid, well performing guns. G19 is Stalkers fav, he would always tell me about it, told me to get one, I never figured I would, Im more content with my TM 226, but I picked up 1 G19 cheap, fixer upper, and I was impressed, great shot, accuracy, consistant with regular maintenance. I picked up another cheap price G19, fixed it up and sold, made profit, and I have a G17 here same story, waiting for parts..

Overall I recomend the KSC Glock series, great for any use or loadout.
Old January 12th, 2008, 07:26   #5
ancorp
AK Guru

From what I remember reading, they are both made in Taiwan. The "Japan" version goes to Japan for another quality control check or so?
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:16   #6
DSFD506

Send a message via AIM to DSFD506
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
From what I remember reading, they are both made in Taiwan. The "Japan" version goes to Japan for another quality control check or so?
KSC is made in Japan and KWA is made in Taiwan. KWA is just an OEM manufacturer for KSC. They use the exact same parts and are interchangeable. I know down here in the states majority of ours are KWA's and not KSC's.
DSFD506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:48   #7
Wilson

Ill throw this in here:

Anyone know where to find the upgraded metal slide and outer barrel for the KSC G18C? No one seems to carry it!
Old January 12th, 2008, 13:47   #8
DSFD506

Send a message via AIM to DSFD506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Ill throw this in here:

Anyone know where to find the upgraded metal slide and outer barrel for the KSC G18C? No one seems to carry it!
Redwolfairsoft, Cobraairsoft, EHobby, Evike are just a few.

Last edited by DSFD506; January 12th, 2008 at 13:50..
DSFD506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 13:56   #9
lupo

Most of the KSC guns went through one production cycle in japan and then were made in taiwan. And in all honesty there is no difference between the japanese and taiwanese versions , other then the japanese costing substantially more.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion