Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FNG here...

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 27th, 2013, 20:53   #1
EJ

FNG here...

Hello everyone. I am not only new to the forums, but to the sport of Airsoft as well. A friend of mine plays Airsoft, and has got me interested.

I have done quite a bit of research about the sport in general, various guns, and equipment, game types, etc, but I have yet to play my first game, let alone purchase a gun and/or equipment. I have an idea of what I would like to get, but I have several questions concerning the games themselves.

First, when you go to play, how are the gametypes decided? Is it cast to a vote? Is it decided the week before? Or does a Field Marshall (or someone in charge at the field) spontaneously decide what type of game will be played? In addition, what are the most favoured gametypes? Military simulation? Team Deathmatch?

Second, how long do games typically last? I know the duration would depend on the gametype, skill level/experience of the players, etc., but a rough estimation would be helpful. Furthermore, how many games would typically be played when you go out to an airsoft field? I suppose it would heavily depend on how long you wanted to play, but suppose you wanted to play for a full day. Four games? Seven? Fifteen?

Third, is there a minimum (or maximum) number of players allowed to play at one time? I imagine the fields (unless it's indoor) can be quite large and accommodate a significant number of players, but even outdoor fields could have a limit, right? Also, does there need to be a minimum number of players on each team? Or do you need to make sure that the teams are relatively balanced to ensure one team doesn't get dominated by the other?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but your knowledge and insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your patience, and your time.
The FNG...EJ
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 21:01   #2
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Every field has a Dictator. He or she makes the rules, games, teams. Well- at least thats how i run my games. having a committee plan something is too cumbersome. you try different fields untill you find rules and games and players you like and your golden.
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 21:25   #3
z0ng

Check out the Games section relevant to your area and see if there is anything coming up in the near future. The host generally establishes a context for the game before-hand and describes it in the game post.

Some games may last only 3 or 4 hours and consist of multiple short scenarios while others can sometimes run up to 24 hours with the right group of people. There is a game this August in Ontario that is set to go for 30 hours.

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 15:17   #4
OpAirsoftBaller

Q: First, when you go to play, how are the gametypes decided? Is it cast to a vote? Is it decided the week before? Or does a Field Marshall (or someone in charge at the field)
A: usually the game marshall will decide.

Q: what type of game will be played? In addition, what are the most favoured game types? Military simulation? Team Deathmatch?
A: each field is different. Every game Marshall thinks of his or her own game styles. But they mostly involve team elimination, attack and defend. The field I play at has a game called black box, and that's usually the favourite.

Q: how long do games typically last?
A: a typical day is about 4 hours. That will include 4 plus games. There's other milsim games that are anywhere from 4 - 24 hours.

Q: is there a minimum (or maximum) number of players allowed to play at one time?
A: for a walk on there is no minimum or max number of players. But for the large milsim games there is a cap, which will be in the game description.
OpAirsoftBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank