Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Vsr 10

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:48   #1
Kurmit905

Vsr 10

I have a double bell VSR 10 I'm wondering if the VSR 10 PDI hop up will work like it should
Kurmit905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2019, 12:15   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

This is a new VSR10 clones... So the minimum we would need to help you would be pictures of the parts. Measurements would help. With that said, the PDI hop-up unit is not very good. Unless you absolutely want to use an AEG barrel you have lying around you would be much better off with the stock hop-up unit (unless double bell screwed it up during cloning somehow) or another brand.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 10:42   #3
Kurmit905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
This is a new VSR10 clones... So the minimum we would need to help you would be pictures of the parts. Measurements would help. With that said, the PDI hop-up unit is not very good. Unless you absolutely want to use an AEG barrel you have lying around you would be much better off with the stock hop-up unit (unless double bell screwed it up during cloning somehow) or another brand.
I'm not much of a tack unless it comes to Glocks I don't have any of that information I was hoping somebody already did LOL I'm not too sure how well the hop-up is in there but the plan is to change bucking and Barrel maybe the hop up any suggestions I heard PDI was good the price tag is sure up there
Old April 13th, 2019, 12:18   #4
CyprezGod

Hey Kurmit, did you buy the Double Bell off Airsoftdepot?

I was wondering the same too and from what I found online so far, people did manage to upgrade the bucking and the action army hop-up seem to be compatible. Nothing about PDI. Not much resource out there, the name doesnt have much recognition.

Im thinking of getting a double bell instead of jg to install a wolverine bolt but unsure if it's compatible. How does the double bell sniper feel?
CyprezGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 13:38   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

The Action Army hop-up chamber is easier to adjust than the PDI and is easy to mod for a TDC (to-dead-center adjustment screw above the barrel), but its not any more accurate than the stock hop-up chamber, at least, in the original Tokyo Marui VSR10. The original chamber is also really easy to TDC. Realistically, if you don't plan to use an AEG barrel and bucking, don't change the hop-up chamber in a VSR10, unless you got a really poor quality clone chamber, and even then, you might not want to throw money at a cheap clone anyway.

The parts you want to upgrade first are all related to compression. The part that will give you the most range/accuracy is the hop-up rubber, and it's also the cheapest part of the lot. After that you want perfect piston/cylinder compression, so change the o-rings, use some Teflon tape if needed, or if the stock piston is of poor quality, change the piston. Some kits come with both a piston and a cylinder, so that's even better. If you are worried about durability, a 90° sear/piston combo is a good buy. The best triggers are the PDI V-Trigger and the Laylax Zero Trigger. There are a lot of alternative trigger units, but they range from incredibly poor quality to really great with a crazy high price (say, for a hand made trigger unit).

Once this is done, if the accuracy still isn't there, you want to look into upgrading the inner barrel. That is the most expensive part to change, good inner barrels are expensive to make. The barrel is the part that is likely to give you the least improvement in range/accuracy per dollar spent, unless your clone inner barrel is exceptionally bad. Don't even look at cheap "upgrade" barrels, they are likely not any better than your stock inner barrel and might even be worse. Look for PDI, Laylax/Prometheus barrels, they have high manufacturing tolerances, so you are very unlikely to get a bad barrel. With that said, if you want to get every last bit of possible effective range/accuracy with your rifle, you might have to look into upgrading the inner barrel eventually.

But you always want to think twice before upgrading a clone VSR10. Even with the best upgrade parts, a clone is a clone, and if the tolerances are bad, there's not much you can do and your fully upgraded clone VSR10 will not shoot anywhere near as good as a high quality VSR10 with the same upgrades.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2019, 16:22   #6
Kurmit905

It's supposed to be a clone of the TM VSR 10 so I'm hoping it's compatible with TM upgrade parts as for the feel it's got a good sturdy feel no rattles I'm going to put foam in the butt stock and it's fairly light
Old April 13th, 2019, 16:27   #7
Kurmit905

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyprezGod View Post
Hey Kurmit, did you buy the Double Bell off Airsoftdepot?

I was wondering the same too and from what I found online so far, people did manage to upgrade the bucking and the action army hop-up seem to be compatible. Nothing about PDI. Not much resource out there, the name doesnt have much recognition.

Im thinking of getting a double bell instead of jg to install a wolverine bolt but unsure if it's compatible. How does the double bell sniper feel?
Yeah I did get it from Airsoft Depot rayon tank both said that if I'm going to upgrade the internals anyway the name doesn't matter Bell is getting a lot better in my opinion and they're putting a lot more quality control and metal Parts such as they have in the VSR 10 the internals and Trigger are all metal internal which is nice as for the feel it is lightweight no rattles the buttstock is Halo like usual nothing a little bit of foam can't fix I'm thinking I'm going to extend the inner barrel into a suppressor as well it's nice that already has 14 chapter on the end and then I will of course do some compression work Teflon spacers Etc
Old April 13th, 2019, 23:56   #8
CyprezGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurmit905 View Post
Yeah I did get it from Airsoft Depot rayon tank both said that if I'm going to upgrade the internals anyway the name doesn't matter Bell is getting a lot better in my opinion and they're putting a lot more quality control and metal Parts such as they have in the VSR 10 the internals and Trigger are all metal internal which is nice as for the feel it is lightweight no rattles the buttstock is Halo like usual nothing a little bit of foam can't fix I'm thinking I'm going to extend the inner barrel into a suppressor as well it's nice that already has 14 chapter on the end and then I will of course do some compression work Teflon spacers Etc
oh nice! Thats good to know.
Ya I guess the only thing that I can think of that would be different from the JG or TM could possibly be the base stock's reinforce walls. The thickness between the two is different and possibly different for Double Bell as well. Not much of an issue but depending on the mod, could require some sanding.

Ya i like how it already has a CCW 14 end for the surpressor, pre convenient.
CyprezGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 23:19   #9
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

The action army hop chamber is actually vastly superior to the PDI chamber because the PDI chamber was designed over a decade ago for very light contact conventional hop rubbers at around 300fps.
The AA chamber is way better for flat hops and Rhop, which is what you want.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications