Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shell Eject Shotgun Loadout

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 4th, 2016, 21:07   #1
MultipleParadox

Question Shell Eject Shotgun Loadout

For the (very? few) people playing with shell eject 12g, I'm curious to know how you setup your loadout to stay relatively efficient on the field

After pondering aobut it for a long time, I just got meself an APS CAM870, the AOW version (I might convert it to a shorty later on, not sure yet).

Considering it's only a 2+1, I plan on using this mostly like a secondary in indoor games, most probably paired with my MP7 or Vector, or similar. I will have 32 shells total, might not carry them all at once though.

Also been eyeing this (really expensive considering the size of that thing) holster too, but seems really hard to find

I'm looking at the different options and sure what to make out of them so I'm looking for inspiration, advices, recommendations and some such

Anything helps! But please refrain from the proverbial "shell ejects are too impractical and good only for plinking", I am well aware of that. I'm the guy that plays for the experience more than performance so I don't really care about making kills or not and all that :P

Thanks!

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:49   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I have an AOW too, so I'll be running it as my primary, with my TM pistol with 3+1 magazines. Going to see how well it fairs. I'd like to retain the AOW as how it is.. a "shorty" setup would allow us to run 4+1, but we'd be spending quite a bit on the outer barrel/arms/magazine tube/spring, at that point be better to of just got the SF model instead.

I was thinking maybe a +1 mag tube adapter at one point... that way I can do 3+1, without it being too long.

There's a group here you should join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/473715156166710/

Also, I saw this the other day, makes me want to do a similar setup :P

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/alpha-m87...l#.VosL9PkrJhE

32 shells is quite a lot, assuming most cqb rounds never last more then 10 minutes at siege anyways *eye rolls*. I would just rock a bandoleer ontop of my PC, or a shotgun belt from crappy tire for $20. I'd recommend you pick up a 20oz co2 paintball tank and attach the header to re-fill your shells.. more efficent that way.

I haven't ran mine in a CQB session yet, hopefully soon, I have this in CB - will try to mount it on my PC and see how it fairs..

You'll also want one of these... to make your own caps.

Nesting Paper Punch-Circle .75": Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Last edited by BioRage; January 5th, 2016 at 09:56..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:23   #3
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

If you do the old SAS 'piece of bungee over the shoulder under the armpit' thing, all you need is an open sided (facing forward) kydex clip, or loop of velcro, or (I think somebody still makes them) retention clip for breachers.
If you mount this to your plate carrier with the opening forward, you should have the shotgun tucked tight to your body, barrel down, and be able to just drop your primary and pull it straight forward and into your right hand (if right handed).

Same kind of idea as a shoulder rig for SMGs, but about 10x simpler. You don't even necessarily need the clip, but anything to keep it from flopping around is good.
For standard tri shots (and cqb generally) I also run a medium sized dump/ utility pouch right up front, on my weak side (right for right handed). Mags for sidearms eject straight into it, shells have inches of traverse, with the eventual purchase of a shell ejector (looking at the same as you) the shell catcher will open and dump straight into the dump, all in my workspace.

I wouldn't run a sidesaddle on a Breacher, but those shell pouches that look like sunglass cases are pretty good if they're up high and you only load a single row (5-7 shells). I have a huge folding shell carrier (it holds 30 3" shells or something obscene) that will eventually make it to the rig, but in playing around with it I can't see that it will be useful for doing anything but give me storage until I can bump them up to the "sunglass case".

Here's a video for your reference, skip to 3:58:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1urLoqVZm70

Edit: that's if you're going stockless. If you're running a tube stock or something you're pretty much running a second primary and all that comes with it. I would personally look for an old 733 commando stock for a tube, or some kind of outside-folding wire stock if using a folder, just to keep it as slick and trim as possible.
For slinging it I'd put the SMG on first, rigged to clip or hang in front, tight to the body. IMO the shotgun is the tool that needs to move freely where straps are concerned; I don't want to deal with getting it fully out of the way and then back again if I'm forced to go to my shotgun, or need to pretend to ruin some door hinges.

Last edited by Cliffradical; January 5th, 2016 at 10:40..
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 11:37   #4
MultipleParadox

Thanks for the advices guys, it'll really help

I just joined the group this morning Bio

Regarding the 20oz CO2 tank, does it directly screws into the "filler" thingy? (whatever this is called). How many shells can you fill with a tank?
Considering I read people filling ~25shells on 2x12g and that supposedly an 88g powersource is equivalent to 3oz of co2, and that rule of 3 and yaddy yadda.... it boils down to ~73shells; Does that seem realistic?

I already have a 20oz Co2 tank, but it was opened (the top valve unscrewed completely). I could screw it back on but then I am a bit worried of bringing it to a paintball shop to have it filled; I'm not sure if I should trust it because of that. What do you think?

I don't plan on using a stock on that shotty
Will see if I can find some sort of kydex clip or something, or maybe find someone who could mold one in my area, if I'm lucky.

Anyhow, I'll keep looking at some options. Anyone tried Shell Caddies like they use in 3-gun competitions by any chances? Looks like they could be a good option, but not really cheap

Old January 5th, 2016, 11:47   #5
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Thanks for the advices guys, it'll really help

I just joined the group this morning Bio

Regarding the 20oz CO2 tank, does it directly screws into the "filler" thingy? (whatever this is called). How many shells can you fill with a tank?
Considering I read people filling ~25shells on 2x12g and that supposedly an 88g powersource is equivalent to 3oz of co2, and that rule of 3 and yaddy yadda.... it boils down to ~73shells; Does that seem realistic?

I already have a 20oz Co2 tank, but it was opened (the top valve unscrewed completely). I could screw it back on but then I am a bit worried of bringing it to a paintball shop to have it filled; I'm not sure if I should trust it because of that. What do you think?

I don't plan on using a stock on that shotty
Will see if I can find some sort of kydex clip or something, or maybe find someone who could mold one in my area, if I'm lucky.

Anyhow, I'll keep looking at some options. Anyone tried Shell Caddies like they use in 3-gun competitions by any chances? Looks like they could be a good option, but not really cheap
Where the right part is here

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/cat...-ch_2_mark.jpg

Picture it ontop of here http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pa...l#.VovyXPkrK9I

You can fill a fuck ton... some bad math, not sure if right, but it's a lot.. 20oz into grams would be 570g.. /12g, 47 capsules.. / 2 would be about 24 capsules worth..

If 2 capsules can load 20 shells..? then the 20oz tank should be 480 +++ shells expected?

N_force uses the uncle mike shell caddie,, but those are meant for competition imo.. better to get something like these http://cdn1.evike.com/images/large/P...1024-002-2.jpg or hsgi ones as mentioned.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 23:16   #6
MultipleParadox

I might be wrong but I have the feeling that the "20oz" for tanks is actually in Fluid Ounces. I think my "calculation" might be more realistic, but at the end of the day, who cares :P Cheaper is always a good thing

Thanks again!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion