Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Swap out stock on Lancer Tactical M4RIS?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 3rd, 2015, 21:58   #1
Dementedhoodiemonster

Swap out stock on Lancer Tactical M4RIS?

Hello everyone,

I am new to airsoft and I am about to purchase my first gun from Evike.http://www.evike.com/products/38961 It is a Lancer Tactical M4RIS, totaling at about $96 USD, and it seems like a good gun reading the reviews and doing some mild research on it, but the only thing that bothers me is the stock.
It comes standard with a crane stock, and I have always disliked crane stocks due to them being uncomfortable for me when resting on my shoulder. I wanted to change out the stock for the M4 stock that I am used to and comfortable with. Example here: http://www.evike.com/products/26326

The only issue with that is the battery is stored inside the crane stock, and I do not know if it is possible to put the battery either in the barrel or the new stock without having to do modifications that a beginner cannot do. Would it be possible to do this, and if so, would you recommend it?

Thanks,
-Jacob
Dementedhoodiemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 00:03   #2
MultipleParadox

First thing first:

You should try to get it in Canada instead, for many reasons, such as its better for our economy, our dollar is crap (so you'll end up paying around 130$Cad), shipping is likely to be more than if you order from a Canadian retailer (shipping amount will be in US$ too), there's good chance that you'll have to pay duty and taxes plus the potential brokerage fees for importing. All that put together and there's good chances that you end up paying more than if you bug it in Canada

Also, even if it says Canada Compliant, there's always a possibility of it getting stuck in customs, in which case it can take weeks/months to have it released (you have to do the work to make it happen)

That being said, I can see a well known Canadian retailer selling it for ~150$ right now (I can't put the link here, read the fact)

On another note, no, Lancer Tactical is not really known for being good. There might be better options for around the same price; you should take the time and shop around. There's also tons of threads in here with valuable information about what's good and what's bad, for all kind of budgets

For the stock, everything is possible, not everything can be done by everyone though. Putting the battery in the handguard means you need to rewire the mech box, not really for beginners

Using a different battery that fit in the new stock is probably preferable anyways

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 01:58   #3
RainyEyes

Lancer Tactical is garbage for intermediate-advanced airsoft players, but it will... pass... for an entry level gun. Expect it to break within the year.

Buying it in-country is much more beneficial for your wallet and Canada, especially considering the crap conversion rate at $1 CAD for every $0.75 USD. Literally a quarter less for every dollar we spend.

As an entry level gun, you play around and experiment with it, break it, and buy a new one if you're really interested.

To relocate the battery from being rear-wired to front-wired is definitely not for beginners. Definitely have a proper gun-tech do it for you. It is also definitely possible on SOME airsoft models, NOT ALL.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 09:31   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the bank exchange rate is 1:.75. the credit card will not give you that rate... they will give you 1:65 maybe... 1:70 at best.
Old December 4th, 2015, 09:42   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yer gonna pay between 180-250 CAD by the time that gets to your door, if it gets to your door. Then you looking at rewiring and swapping the stock. For 250-300 you can walk right into and airsoft shop and pic up a gandg combat machine or JG/Echo1 and you can prety much pic the front set and stock combo you like as they have lots of options. Also you will insure the gainfully employment of one of your neighbours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 10:29   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Buy VFC.

Buy once, cry once.