Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

ca m24 vs tm vsr-10 gspec

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 8th, 2011, 16:03   #1
airsoftsnipez

ca m24 vs tm vsr-10 gspec

I have been looking for a good comparison between these two guns and can never find one. So which gun serves its pourpose as a better airsoft sniper rifle? Which has better range and accuracy?
airsoftsnipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 16:23   #2
George Burdell

If you are buying an airsoft sniper rifle, you are probably going to replace almost all of the internals, so I doubt that there are many comparisons.
George Burdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 16:35   #3
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
They are both very good sniper rifles, and as George said, you will most likely replace all of the internals (possibly externals as well).

As for out of the box action? The VSR 10 has better quality internals stock, lower FPS, while the CA M24 is almost the opposite, with usually sub-par internals, higher FPS.

Users on this board, including myself, prefer the VSR 10, as PDI/Polar Star/Prometheus/Laylax makes parts specific to the VSR10; clones are usually compatible as well, since they are -wait for it- clones

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 19:30   #4
5kull

@SniperSam,
I'm very interested in this discussion because I will buy a Sniper rifle in the next few weeks. The choice is down to a TM L96 or a CA M24

So I want to make sure I understand correctly in order to spend my money wisely Are you saying it's better in the case of a sniper rifle and in the long run, to buy a lower cost clone then a more expensive Classic Army or TM because I will have to replace the stock components anyway to get the performance I want out of it?
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 19:39   #5
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
@SniperSam,
I'm very interested in this discussion because I will buy a Sniper rifle in the next few weeks. The choice is down to a TM L96 or a CA M24

So I want to make sure I understand correctly in order to spend my money wisely Are you saying it's better in the case of a sniper rifle and in the long run, to buy a lower cost clone then a more expensive Classic Army or TM because I will have to replace the stock components anyway to get the performance I want out of it?
NO!!!!!!!

Do not buy a clone sniper rifle. While they are clones of the orignal they all lack the quality control that the originals TM or CA have.

So your next question would be, why does that matter? I'm gonna be replacing all or most of the stock internals right?...

It matters because your expensive high costing parts will not fit as snuggly together and form the same air seals.

This lead to sub standard performance and basically means you spent all that money of great parts for nothing.

The moral of this story if you are gonna bother getting a BA (bolt action) don't cheap out. And really if you are going to be spending $800-$1000 on upgraded internals whats $250 more on a name brand gun that will have:

- better performance
- higher resale value
- not suck
- not give you VD
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 20:16   #6
airsoftsnipez

Thanks for the advice and help. Its just a hard choice to make between the two guns the are both beautiful sniper rifles. The classic army is more realistic in terms of weight, look, and the bolt but the gspec is lightweight and has a good hopup unit an its a tokyo marui
airsoftsnipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2015, 13:44   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Honestly bud, I've seen them both in action and they both work well. I wasn't overly impressed with the L96 hop-up system, but the old VSR one is amazing and it's easy to make that gun super silent. You can foam the stock, it responds well to a suppressor, or make a small air-brake for it. But here's the kicker; the TM VSR has way more upgrade parts available and they are more common to find as well. You'll have a way better overall experience with the VSR through buying and upgrading to where you want to do it.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 14:12   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

By the time they're both upgraded, they're pretty much the same.
I personally had a VSR-10 and preferred it over the M24. So it really comes down to personal preference.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2015, 18:20   #9
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Holy necro !

......that's all I've got, carry on....

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank