Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Durham Region Airsoft

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 4th, 2012, 23:07   #1
Akinno

Durham Region Airsoft

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any fields in the Durham region where I could play. I just moved down to Oshawa and Toronto is quite a commute.
Akinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 23:41   #2
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Well its growing! Albiet Slowly

I noticed a few more guys recently in the Area, sadly the best places to play are still out of town! But there is atleast one private field and I think another field in Ajax is suppost to be starting up!
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 03:57   #3
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

IN terms of airsoft games, Oshawa to Toronto is practically next door.
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:44   #4
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I forgot to add. I don't play all too often at the moment, financial and working every weekend sucks. But when I do I am always willing to carpool. So if we are going to the same game don't be shy about PMing me about going to the same event.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 16:59   #5
Ares
Penn18

Hop on Op Center, there is a link to the Whitby field there
Old August 5th, 2012, 17:48   #6
Akinno

My problem is that I don't drive, so Toronto is hard to get to. Especially for just the day. I would pitch money if there was anyone will to carpool with me. I live in Oshawa. But otherwise, I would prefer to stay in the area because it's easier for me to get around. I'm also not verified because the Durham AVer doesn't do it anymore, apparently. So I can't get verified until I go to a game. Can someone explain how to use Ops Center, and do I have to be verified to use it?
Akinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 20:43   #7
NANA
yte

https://www.ops-center.net/fields/whitby-airsoft/46

Try that. Its a good field and the people who run it/play there are friendly and helpful. Games every week and it is only getting bigger.

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 15:19   #8
Miki01

Send a message via ICQ to Miki01
Nice, good to see something local. I guess now I just have to get AV'd and the rest of my gear in check. No point going in with face protection, a pistol, and two mags.
Miki01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 23:54   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Talked to Sam at the Whitby field and they're pretty lenient as far as rules and requirements. Only tight fit ballistic glasses are required if you're a daredevil like myself and most games are walk-on. Games every Sunday, but he advises calling a few days ahead of time to confirm. Anyone over 18 is welcome.
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:16   #10
Ares
Penn18

I wouldnt say the rules are lenient, you will be made sit through his safety breifing. Main ones are 18+, tight fitting ballistic eye wear, mags out/gun cleared while in safety area etc. He does a brief there every weekend for us who are always there and new people alike.
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:32   #11
S_Okita

Yes i do a rules briefing at the start of each day and i do keep a watch to make sure no one is putting thier own or others safety at risk. We pay most sundays in the south whitby area. As yte said the field has been posted on ops-center.net (thanks for the free service guys!) and as penn18 said the main the main rules are pretty standard for airsoft: balistic lenses with a tight fit (no gaps, no mesh), 18+ years of age, all guns must be in bags, boxes or otherwise covered until on the field, 400fps with a .20g bb... The same as most fields that i am aware of. I am looking to expand the player base we have. At the moment we play small scenarios and skirmish matches but i would really like to move into milsim driven games.
S_Okita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:35   #12
S_Okita

Long sleeves, plenty of water or drinks and a lot of bug spray are good things to have also
S_Okita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:04   #13
darchard123

I just played there this Sunday for the first time! Great bunch of lads everyone is very friendly! Great field, woodland, with some building, bridges and creeks etc! Had fun!!!

Things to bring as mentioned drinks/snacks! But you need lots of bug spray! I had allot of bites show up this morning lol! I had no spray! Next time I will have a bucket of insect killing napalm lol!

It's walk on and they run different types of games all day, with different goals etc!

Can't wait to go again!

P.s. $10 for the day! Great price! Since I drive from far gas money and entry fee is still cheaper than inner city fields! That is a massive selling point! Go to the field you will not be disappointed!
darchard123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 16:17   #14
chaz

What is the limit for BASR? Is it still 400fps or do you allow higher FPS limits for them?
Would love to try the field out but I am currently shooting at 470fps.
You can ask the guys who play at HILL437, I respect my MED and have never had any complaints against me in the 2 years playing there. I am all about safety. In fact I chewed a guy out just this Saturday for taking his glasses off mid game to "wipe the sweat away" while he was standing to the side "dead".
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 17:09   #15
NANA
yte

We limit BA to 450fps. There is some room if you have your level 2 but without that its 450 max.

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank