Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Private Military Contractors

:

Other Regions

Old June 5th, 2006, 23:59   #16
pugs144

Don't forget to include companies such as Triple Canopy, Cochise, Erinys, Dyncorp, and Executive Outcomes to your list of PMC's. Blackwater may be the best known but not necessarily the "best".
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:36   #17
Cougar PMC

Ok here it goes, hold on......
Sorry for my bad english. Its early here in sweden when I wrote this I hope you follow me in my language.
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:36   #18
Cougar PMC

This is my own personal words and conclusions from my research about Civilian Contractor gear. I don’t say that the stuff below are the reality, just my own ideas. Perhaps it will inspire some one. Well have fun reading it!
I go mainly for the Iraq/Afgh conflict and PMC in generall.

To better understand my GEAR discussion:
Someone wrote at www.militaryphotos.net

"PMC = Professional Security
Mercenary = Hired fighter, usually financially motivated.

PMC = Defensive, passive. Is paid to provide security, not directly fight.
Merc =Offensive, active. Is paid to fight, not provide security."

Remember (and check out an application form with the big companies), there are often former SWAT and spec forces guys who works as PMCs.
I will not discuss the morale point of the guys (PMC vs. Merc) since this is about "the fun of life", GEAR! :cheers:

First of all, you buy what you like and sometimes what you can get a hold on, after all you shall work with the stuff in quite extreme environment. But some company’s also have more strict gear policy.
Some of the guys wrote, "I’m lucky to get a hold on a Glock 19" or "We are issued with Bushmaster AR15 and Glock19 from our company".
So there is a deferens depending of who you work for, off course.

Overall I’ve read Glock19 a bunch of times, and rest of the Glock family as well, so I’ll guess that’s a favourite. The most used is however the browning Hi-power. Just because its easiest to get a hand on and are available. The spare mags are hard to get thou. “You often see boxes with Hi-powers striped on there magazines”.
9mm is also the easiest ammo to find “down there” for hand guns. But if your company provides you with ammo then…..

About the rifle, different AR variants are used and in a article I read the ARs with "ultra short" barrels are popular right now.
However he recommend no shorter than 11,5".
The AK-47 is also the most popular due to the range of guns in the country. Its much easier to get a hold off ammo and mags just by picking it up from the enemy.
They also writes about MP5,G3, M249 SAW, PKM and RPK.
Also it depends of what you are provided with from your company. Perhaps you have to buy the stuff your self, then you might have to buy it in the country and the easiest gun to find might be the AK with accessories.

The gear often includes riggs/platecarriers which gives you both the great protection you need and the ability to carry the things withal for your task and your survival. The bigger rifle plate the better. One thing they always put the point on is the reality of the situation and need for great medical and trauma care. You should have a nice pocket easy to reach for you and your mate with the medic stuff.

Guys wrote that they hade 6-8 mags in the carrier and up till 10 spare mags in there daypack or leg mounted bag depending of weapon. 4-6 handgun mag, if I shall state some kind of overall impression from all the reading. Off course they then carries a bunch in the cars.

So that’s all about the rigg, off course you need pockets on you carrier to hold some extra stuff to, like Surefire and so.

Then a ballistic helmet is a good investment and more used “RS” than you often see used by airsoft PMC.

“A dropleg holster are by far the most popular used by PMC operators”, often Safarland 6004.

Sunglasses and a cap for the “nice sunny days”.

Over all its companies like SOE, Blackhawk, Blueforce, Maxpedition and off course 5.11 that’s popular. You don’t need a bunch of “Gucci gear” out in the field. You need stuff that works!
Some companies have more like a “dress code” or are issued the same gear and collars of the gear depending of the company.

Ive read that there is both the “cowboy” type of gear-whore (me included in one way), sorry but it had to be said, and they have abut everything they possible can mount on there M4s and on there carriers.
Then it’s the guys who just go plain and functionally.
Both type can be professionals and highly trained.

My team are a five guys and one gal.
All except two of the guys are in the security business, me and my mate as K-9 handlers. All with military background (me as MP Rangers, K-9 unit).

We go for a serious and professional PMC look when we play.

I’ve choose gear in a moderate amount on my carrier yet the best brands (BHI, Maxpedition).
I’ve first tried the BHI STRIKE recon carrier, but hated it. Today I found the Gurader MOD II plate carrier optimal for me. Used along with all BHI and Maxpedition its great!
It takes 8 M4 magazines, a nice medic pouch, 2 G19 mags, 2 large utility pouces, Admin pouch with Surfire and an extra medic pouch on the back. If I want I can mount my MAS hydration pouch on the back as well as my Maxpedion protehus waistpack, ussaly don’t thou.
I also use RS rifle plates in my carrier.

BHI leg mounted dump pouch on the left.

Guarder drop leg holster on the right. Will be Safariland 6004 in the end of the month.

We use 5.11 tactical pants. I have them in Black, Tan and OD. And also all members are issued with Propper 3-col desert pants.

We go for black polo/pike shirt and “RS” contractor t-shirts from different makers with “cool guy motives”.

5.11 3in1 jacket (fleece & shell).

I often use a tactical baseball cap in OD even though I have a “RS” Kevlar helmet for some missions, often guard type of jobs.

Hatch operator gloves and Bollé ballistic sunglasses.

My weapons are, KSC Glock 19 with spare mags.
And a custom built “cool guy factor” M933 RAS with “RS” tactical solid “shorty” stock and 12 TM std magazines.
It has the Bushmaster Blackwater metal body and mosquito RIS today but G&P RASII on the way.
I had the SYSTEMA metal body first but then G&P released the Blackwater logotype body, sure its better with SYSTEMA but no PMC logo, sorry for putting it in da closet!

I shall invest in a Eo-tech as soon as my economy allows it. Today I go for the standard carryhandle. I hate the Aimpoint, that’s why. Its cool but clumsy.

Aha right, I use a Blueforce sling to it.

On the whole, not the coolest or “man with most gear loaded, but god and nice gear I think.
It’s a big topic to write about, please ask if you wonder anything and I’ll give you my point of it!

Good luck!
/Cougar PMC
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:41   #19
Cougar PMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144
Don't forget to include companies such as Triple Canopy, Cochise, Erinys, Dyncorp, and Executive Outcomes to your list of PMC's. Blackwater may be the best known but not necessarily the "best".

Sorry man, that was not my plan.
I compltley agree with you!
I just personally think Blackwater and Tactical Response are cool.

Sorry for any inconvinience...., or how you f***ing spell it.
I didnt meen to upset anyone.
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:42   #20
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
http://www.shadowcompanythemovie.com/

Great documentary. I was fortunate enough to watch it here in Toronto for the HotDocs film festival. Great insight to contracting and it's place in today's world.
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:46   #21
Cougar PMC

OK, Ive signed up for the DVD but it hasnt been relased yet.
Ive only seen the trailer, lookin good man!

i hope they will relase it soon....
Old June 6th, 2006, 17:52   #22
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINN
http://www.shadowcompanythemovie.com/

Great documentary. I was fortunate enough to watch it here in Toronto for the HotDocs film festival. Great insight to contracting and it's place in today's world.
Tell that to the lightfighter and SOCNET contractors who DESPISE it.

Also, I've noticed a lot of Safarilands and Bladetechs mounted on chest level for vehicles.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 15:28   #23
Cougar PMC

One way of it!

Old June 7th, 2006, 16:39   #24
mctaz
Primo Italiano

i don't know why but when i must to be a contractor or SOF in one game i don't fell good.......

McTaz
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 16:47   #25
Ace of Spades©

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctaz
i don't know why but when i must to be a contractor or SOF in one game i don't fell good.......

McTaz
Guilty conscious? Again, for future reference, please keep out all political, moral and grammatical views on PMC's out of this thread. Keep it clean and on topic.

Very nice set up you have Cougar. Looks realy the part, the name clip realy makes it look profesional. lol, I was looking forward to seeing that real steel shorty stock, but it seems to not like being in the pictures. It likes to hide behind your GP pouch...

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 17:24   #26
Cougar PMC

Oh, thats not mounted on this pics!
I have orderd a RASII and untill then I have an old fashon Cranestock. :-D
Old June 7th, 2006, 17:57   #27
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Spades
Quote:

McTaz
Guilty conscious? Again, for future reference, please keep out all political, moral and grammatical views on PMC's out of this thread. Keep it clean and on topic.
Private Military Contractors is name of tread, now or you are one real contractors and this forum is only for real military contractors(if this is real i must ask to you my escuse for my intrusion) or you are an AS players like me.

Do you like play your games like contractors? for me is ok and don't have prolem for this...... if you ask to me if i like play MY games like contractors or mercenaries my reply is easy..... NO, i don't like this but for game i must make.

after i'm wait your explaine about polical and moral views (gramatical...... i'm italian and i don't write good english)

McTaz
Old June 7th, 2006, 19:48   #28
Ace of Spades©

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McTaz
Private Military Contractors is name of tread, now or you are one real contractors and this forum is only for real military contractors(if this is real i must ask to you my escuse for my intrusion) or you are an AS players like me.

Do you like play your games like contractors? for me is ok and don't have prolem for this...... if you ask to me if i like play MY games like contractors or mercenaries my reply is easy..... NO, i don't like this but for game i must make.

after i'm wait your explaine about polical and moral views (gramatical...... i'm italian and i don't write good english)

McTaz
Ok, look, for starters,

1. The whole grammatical thing was a joke, it’s something that I regularly say, sorry if I offended you in anyway and hey, English is not my first language anyway, it’s French.

2. Its ok that you don’t like to play as a PMC, I have nothing against that. All I am trying to do is stop this thread from becoming the same as a lot of the threads about insurgents gear and such in airsoft becoming a bashing thread about our views on the whole Iraq conflicted and rebuild.

I stated in the very first post of this thread that it was only a discussion about GEAR and I was trying to stay away from politics.

Quote:
NOTE: I am starting this thread only to discuses contractor kits in airsoft, please do not post about your political views on them.
I don’t want this thread that is yielding pretty good information to be trashed since a group of people that one, may not even have or want to create a set of gear based on what the real life contractors use or two, people that just have leftwing political views on the war in Iraq.

I’m tired of people that think that if we decide to put together a kit based on something controversial, that we are automatically infringing upon airsoft. It’s a game, and not everybody wants to look like the generic USMC or Delta, some people want to be different and stick out in a crowd.

3. No, I am not a real life contractor, maybe if you have taken a look at my profile before posting that, you would have found out that I am only 16 and can not be or have been a contractor.

So now that we have gotten that done with, let us please continue with out discussion on GEAR.

Cougar, what kind of boots and gloves are you using? I heard that a lot of the contractors use the Hatch Operators ones or Flight gloves.

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 23:35   #29
Cougar PMC

I use the 5.11 H.R.T. Boots!
Hatch and MP-SEC gloves in two diffrent sets.
More pics in varios gear after the weekend, after the game.
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:16   #30
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McTaz

McTaz
Ok, look, for starters,

1. The whole grammatical thing was a joke, it’s something that I regularly say, sorry if I offended you in anyway and hey, English is not my first language anyway, it’s French.

2. Its ok that you don’t like to play as a PMC, I have nothing against that. All I am trying to do is stop this thread from becoming the same as a lot of the threads about insurgents gear and such in airsoft becoming a bashing thread about our views on the whole Iraq conflicted and rebuild.

I stated in the very first post of this thread that it was only a discussion about GEAR and I was trying to stay away from politics.

Quote:
NOTE: I am starting this thread only to discuses contractor kits in airsoft, please do not post about your political views on them.
I don’t want this thread that is yielding pretty good information to be trashed since a group of people that one, may not even have or want to create a set of gear based on what the real life contractors use or two, people that just have leftwing political views on the war in Iraq.

I’m tired of people that think that if we decide to put together a kit based on something controversial, that we are automatically infringing upon airsoft. It’s a game, and not everybody wants to look like the generic USMC or Delta, some people want to be different and stick out in a crowd.

3. No, I am not a real life contractor, maybe if you have taken a look at my profile before posting that, you would have found out that I am only 16 and can not be or have been a contractor.

So now that we have gotten that done with, let us please continue with out discussion on GEAR.

Cougar, what kind of boots and gloves are you using? I heard that a lot of the contractors use the Hatch Operators ones or Flight gloves.
Hi Ace of spades,
thanks for your explane.

McTaz
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions