Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Vfc tactical elite 2 upgrades ?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 25th, 2017, 17:15   #1
GlankelZebra

Vfc tactical elite 2 upgrades ?

Hey guys so I have a Vfc tactical elite 2, it's been great I've owned it for about 8 months used it both for indoor and outdoor. I would like to get some more consistency in the accuracy and a little more range, I should elite force tactical elite .25g I ranged it out at about 43 meters I can hit but it loses consistency after that and range. So what do you guys think I should change out to get better range and accuracy, everything is stock and it shoots 350fps with .25
GlankelZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 18:41   #2
Datawraith

Get an R-hopped barrel group and run heavier ammo through it.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 19:32   #3
GlankelZebra

So something along the line of this ?

http://hopsystems.com/product/hop-sy...-kit-assembly/

I'm looking for something that I can basically just drop in and if this is good what weight and brand of bbs do you guys recommend ?
Old January 25th, 2017, 20:51   #4
Datawraith

O.o I didn't even know this was a thing! Depending on your location, I'd get a well known local gun tech to do the R-hop as I don't know the quality of what you linked (perhaps someone else can comment).

R-hops can lift pretty much any weight BB; 0.28, 0.3, and 0.32 are fairly common weights for an R-hop setup. Brands... depends on availability and if it's bio or not.
Old January 27th, 2017, 20:19   #5
GlankelZebra

Okay so I've done a fair amount of looking around I think I'll go with a flat hop because that's something I can do myself, I can't do the r hop because I don't have a tech anywhere near me. So flat hop it is, now I'm trying to find a new barrel hop up unit and bucking and nub that will work great together.
Prometheus purple bucking sounds like a given
And I was thinking a Prometheus 6.03 tightbore 363mm but if you guys recommend a 6.05 just say so and why
Now I don't know what nub
And I don't know what unit to buy that I can make work guaranteed without modifying the gearbox.
Found a video using a prowin unit and a purple Prometheus bucking with a firefly namuzen flat hop nub.
Is all this do able ?
Old January 27th, 2017, 23:28   #6
Datawraith

Prommy purple is a good AEG bucking. Check out Maple Leaf Monster buckings too; they're good.

Prommy barrels are great. PDI, some people like better or claim they're better, but it's unsubstantiated. Get the Prommy barrel.

I can't comment on the nub or hopup unit as I bought my entire R-hopped barrel assembly from Pestobanana.

Should be doable though, maybe someone could get a gun doc in here to comment (I'm not one).
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications