:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 6th, 2017, 10:56   #16
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
I find inconceivable that Tokio Marui is still producing full plastic pistol replicas.

Tokyo Marui does not manufacture for export. They are made in Japan, for Japan. As a result they manufacture to meet Japanese laws.

In order to meet said laws, they are made to use duster. They do not need to make metal product, as plastic withstands the intended gas pressures.

That is how they manage to make Glock products with trades, without being sued by Glock themselves.

I am currently fighting a sinus infection, very hopped up on drugs. Hope that all made sense - alex

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 11:23   #17
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar120c View Post
About this anyone knows where to find parts for the VP9? at least BB nozzle
http://www.kicbbgun.com.tw/shop/

http://www.proactstore.com/products

I would contact the stores directly via email/facebook. they distribute VFC products and are able to custom order specific parts directly from the factory even if those parts are not being sold by other retailers.

take a look at this diagram to determine the part number for the nozzle that you need:
http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/downloads/..._List_Asia.pdf
Old January 6th, 2017, 11:35   #18
kar120c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Umarex isn't a brand, it's a RE-brand. Usually of KWA/KSC.
VFC too and Win Gun, just bought the Colt Single action Army by Umarex but it is made by Win Gun
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 13:52   #19
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I think they have a WE rebrand, too or something. They rebrand a few companies.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2017, 16:46   #20
kar120c

Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV6JUu07R7I&t=6s a nice and positive review. German language but English subtitle availables.
Take a look at this german guy.......very nice review from him

Last edited by kar120c; January 6th, 2017 at 16:50..
kar120c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 12:19   #21
Tuzi

When my vp9 comes in, it will be my fifth pistol from VFC I've had the pleasure of owning. From the earlier Stark Arms glocks, through Cybergun and more recent Umarex licensed offerings.. they have all performed wonderfully. Only problems were one's I introduced, which were all fixed by importing the original parts from China. That's about the only piss poor thing...if you need to replace any mechanical part, there just aren't any suppliers in country to supply to you...so it's a wait.
If the VP9 follows the trend of how VFC has been getting incrementally better with fit and finish on their pistols, then this will be a hard one to beat. However in all honesty, if it is merely equal in quality to the PPQ, i'd be happy with the $300+ price tag.
Tuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 23:26   #22
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the ppq is a 100$ gun in asia. lol Paying 3x more for an unproven platform that has hard to get parts is not really a smart choice. I would not be happy with that kind of price for a primary use pistol.

One could say the same with TM pistols but you can now find certain shopping services in japan can get your factory parts short of the illegal bits, also for some models there is a strong enough aftermarket to keep may of the models running, so you could argue that 300$ for a TM pistol which is roughly 2.5-3x retail in japan can be worth it if you choose the model wisely.
Old January 28th, 2017, 23:37   #23
NAAZ

not sure if I mentioned previously but I've got the DX version pre-ordered. from the review videos for even the standard version, it seems that a lot of high wear parts are already metal or steel rather than aluminum. I wouldn't field the brand new VP9 either.
Old January 29th, 2017, 00:20   #24
Tuzi

A US100 gun bought in Asia is just short of CAD140. The ppq can be bought for cad200 of the local shelf, it's not that much of a stretch after shipping, import and customs to be considered an irrelevant disparity.

The suggestion that a fair comparison for performance between a plastic gun platform designed to shoot "duster gas" and one that has an out of box option for co2.. is laughable. It's not even an apples to oranges thing. As mentioned previously, yeah it's a pain in the butt if you need to replace a part for non-TM pistols... but the ability to "upgrade" with a gazillion third party components while fun and never ending, only points out the demand set by the number of consumers who are dissatisfied with the original, or from a mechanical perspective...the original just doesn't hold up. Someone else said it best in another post, TM's are like the Honda Civics of the airsoft world. After you've changed the slide, the hammer, the trigger, the sights, the frame, the inner barrel, the outer barrel, the springs, the rubber... all that's TM is the mag and hopup chamber...cause that's what most people do with theirs. It's hardly a TM at that point, right?
No one drools over a civic, much like no one drools over a TM... i'm with the OP on this, as the title suggests... the VP9 is worth drooling over.
Old January 31st, 2017, 23:14   #25
Tuzi

Woohoo!
So the vp9 is very nice. Feels great looks great.
I have to say though, I was expecting, hoping, for it to be packaged the same way the ppq m2 was, in a cnc'd foam lined case... but alas, cardboard box... so that was a let down.
The internals are quite different from all my other pistols, very simple, clean. Assembly is good, tight lines, clean finish... not quite as refined as the ppq m2, but better than the cybergun fnx45.
Trademarks are well defined, and complete with the Ulm proof mark.
Should have ordered 2.
(haven't shot yet)
Old January 31st, 2017, 23:36   #26
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzi View Post
Woohoo!
So the vp9 is very nice. Feels great looks great.
I have to say though, I was expecting, hoping, for it to be packaged the same way the ppq m2 was, in a cnc'd foam lined case... but alas, cardboard box... so that was a let down.
The internals are quite different from all my other pistols, very simple, clean. Assembly is good, tight lines, clean finish... not quite as refined as the ppq m2, but better than the cybergun fnx45.
Trademarks are well defined, and complete with the Ulm proof mark.
Should have ordered 2.
(haven't shot yet)
or so I heard. my contact notified that it was ready for pick up, which is what I'm going to do tmrw

I already got the AMG thread adapter:

but I feel that there is not enough thread to go in the barrel to make it solid enough with the weight of a suppressor.

edit: is the cardboard box like this one? if so, I'd say it's pretty standard for Umarex

Last edited by NAAZ; January 31st, 2017 at 23:44..
NAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 23:42   #27
Uberg33k

Talking

I want one! How? Where? When!?
Uberg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2017, 00:37   #28
Tuzi

@Naaz,

Yep, that's the box.
Yeah, all the H&K rifles I have, use the same style box... was just spoiled after the ppq m2 navy unit.

That adapter does look pretty shallow... but more importantly, the threads on the smaller diameter seem quite coarse compared to the threads on the outer barrel... you sure it will fit?
Old February 1st, 2017, 00:51   #29
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuzi View Post
@Naaz,

Yep, that's the box.
Yeah, all the H&K rifles I have, use the same style box... was just spoiled after the ppq m2 navy unit.

That adapter does look pretty shallow... but more importantly, the threads on the smaller diameter seem quite coarse compared to the threads on the outer barrel... you sure it will fit?
I'm going to bring the adapter when I go pick up the gun in Toronto. if there is a slight sense that the inner thread is too shallow, I'll wait until a one-piece threaded barrel enters the market.

take a look at this vid by ASGI. he's talking about a once piece outer barrel on the later gens so I'm wondering what gen we have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=415GLvbTANI
1:12
Old February 1st, 2017, 01:26   #30
Tuzi

Yeah, I don't believe it's a single piece.
There's a bevel on the barrel collar just before the orange. That orange piece is an add-on as required by US laws, and they most likely adhered it to the barrel via thread lock or similar.
It's also very different than the AMG one you have a picture of.
Mine is from a Sept 2016 batch. I don't believe there are previous production versions of this one.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion