Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TLP charger repair

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 18th, 2009, 18:25   #1
swatt13
Captain Awesome

TLP charger repair

i remember reading a WHILE back about replacing fans on the tlp chargers, i now need to do that and cant find the relevant information. its the cooling fan at teh bottom that needs replacment its a 30mm fan and i cannot find a replacment. anyone that has had to do this some spoon feeding would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 18:30   #2
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I use to do this... unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember where I sourced the fans from.

It was from an online electronics supply warehouse. There are hundreds if not thousands of fans available - just take the dimensions for the one you're replacing and start doing a search.

I wish I could help you more with this at this time, but I recall the search taking me at least a solid night of searching deeper and deeper until I'd found the exact fan i wanted.

Most fans from suppliers will also provide a dB rating as well as an airflow rating. Obviously, lowest dB and highest airflow are good things.

There are also two voltage types... 5v or 12v.

Run your TLP to get a voltage reading to find out what the output is. I don't remember what it is, but I *think* it was 12v.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 18:42   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Turns out I remembered I'd used some of those fans on a goggle/mask I modified to have fans on it.

The brand is Sunon, model number is KDE0503PEB1-8, which is the 30x30x6mm 5v version. I *think* you actually need 12v.

Check that lineup, they should have the model that suits your needs. http://portal.sunon.com.tw/products.html
The TLP fan may be able to replaced with the 30x30x15mm version, which is available in 5v and 12v.

In any case, these Sunon fans were WAY better than the TLP pieces of crap. I'm surprised TLP used those POS fans for so long.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 18th, 2009 at 18:46..
Old January 18th, 2009, 20:15   #4
swatt13
Captain Awesome

thanks ALOT brian, i apprecite it.

ok so let me get this straight, plug my tlp in, and connect a amp meter to the wires the fan use to be connected to?.. also brian, you dont happen to have an old part number im a little confused searching through all these fan types & numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.

Last edited by swatt13; January 18th, 2009 at 21:21..
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 23:31   #5
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

No, you do not connect an ammeter.. You must connect a voltmeter to measure the voltage pushed - not the current drawn.

Sorry, I don't have any part number anymore. I'd sold all those TLPs I modified.

There is only two models that are 30x30x15 - one is 12v, the other is 5v. And there is only one model that is 30x30x6mm, and it is only 5v. It shouldn't be that confusing...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion