Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

installing ups metal slide

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 20th, 2006, 20:23   #1
swatt13
Captain Awesome

installing ups metal slide

(6:45)well apperantly im retarded, along with the guys who designed the diagram for my usp at ksc. the diagram isnt aplicable to my innerbarrel, so i dont know how to actually diassemble the inner barrel.

i cant remove the hop up and brass barrel from the barrel assy of my usp. i can slide it out about and inch, not enough to detach the c clip holding the hop up to the inner barrel (not that i want, but just for descriptive sake) i have that brass poppet valve underneath that cant be removed untill i remove the inner barrel assy. in the diagram it shows sliding a piece (locatated atop the barrel catch) sideways exposing a spring and a pin?, but i dont have that on my assy. **edit** the small pin needs to be removed first. they dont make any special note of this in the manuals.

anywho long story short i need help getting the inner barrel apart from my outer barrel.

*****edit (7:30)****
well i got it apart, just tool some "firm coaxing." but, now, that poppet valve is causing a reassembly concern. is there an easy way to get the inner barrel assy into the outer barrel and get the poppet valve in there?

***edit (9:30)***
update. well i figured it out. i installed the poppet valve, slid the inner barrel assy in, depressed the poppet valve w/ the end of a saftey pin (after many previous objects) untill i cleared the c clip. then reasembled. i tested the gun by cycleing the slide manually, and found that the poppet valve was faulty. it over extended and would fall apart in the gun, in which case the inner barrel assy would fall out (back into the gun). so i dissassembled the slide yet again, removed the inner spring of the poppet valve and clipped a few rungs off, reinstalled, verified its stability. reassembled **edit** install the small pin LAST, it holds the assy in the barrel, again they dont make any special mention of this. and test cycled. once i was satisfied i test fired w/o incident. success!!!

all in all this took me 3 hours to complete on my own, decifering japanese manuals, and being innovative, had i had help and proper instrucions im sure this should only take a half hour to fourty minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 16:28   #2
jackcolson

oh great...thats what i have to look forward to (i had minor problems with the same thing, but i put my gun away thinking "ill get to it later" thanks for the insight though..becuase i am expecting a metal slide kit in the mail soon ..

Cheers,
Jack
jackcolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 00:40   #3
swatt13
Captain Awesome

good, im glad my plight has brought insight to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications