Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares stock guns amazing trigger response

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 25th, 2017, 14:20   #1
SuperCriollo

Ares stock guns amazing trigger response

So I'm a pretty seasoned player, and tinkerer (wouldn't call myself a tech), but I was pretty surprised about the trigger response some players had with their stock ares guns the other day at UA. My biggest gripe, and one of the reasons why I switched to GBBRS is the slow cycling speed of most AEGs.

Have ares stepped up their game with pre-cocking GBs in their new guns ? If so that would make for a pretty decent back up gun, and loaner

Thanks !

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 15:01   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Most guns have pretty good trigger response on an 11.1 lipo
Any precocking is incidental
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 10:05   #3
Okawesome

I'm brand new to this and have been doing a lot of research on starter guns. From all the reviews I've read, the Ares trigger pull and response is thanks to their electronic trigger system.

My first gun - eventually - is going to be an Ares Amoeba 013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 10:42   #4
devbro

if precocking and trigger response matter, why not a MOSFET system? I personally have titan in my guns. I really like their light sensors(it uses actual light to detect trigger and control precocking).
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:37   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Most guns have pretty good trigger response on an 11.1 lipo
Any precocking is incidental
indeed. ares triggerboards don't have precocking software... it's likely the 11.1 is overspinning the gears into a precocked position.

But people don't always consider trigger response to be the same thing:

Trigger pull, reaction and cycle speed are all factors in what people consider trigger response... how short the pull is makes the gun feel faster. How soon in that pull does the circuit actually connect and how fast the motor will turn over the gears in a shot cycle all make up factors. The biggest one is the cycle speed, which is why you see so many people getting low ratio gears on high tpa neo magnet motors and 11.1s.

Some people think that any 1 of those items is what trigger response is. In fact the one that makes the biggest difference is the cycle speed.
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:09   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devbro View Post
if precocking and trigger response matter, why not a MOSFET system? I personally have titan in my guns. I really like their light sensors(it uses actual light to detect trigger and control precocking).
ARES guns have mosfets already, and throwing a titan or spectre in a gun often doubles the cost of the gun lol

And totally agreed about the criteria of trigger response. Simply having a shorter trigger pull can make a big difference
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2017, 13:42   #7
DENZILDON

I'm back after 7-8 years of not playing, sold everything including my PTW and now bought an Ares Amoeba Am-007 for cqb and sidearm from airsoftdepot.

I got to say I'm impressed with the build and their electronic trigger system. It may not be a metal receiver but the polymer is really good and solid.
Old March 29th, 2017, 13:30   #8
Danke

Ares has always had a lot of nice features in the spec's and cool one off guns in the catalog.

The heartbreak begins when the unique hopup chamber or weird one off tappet plate in your AEG breaks and it turns into a wall hanger for a couple years.

I won't even start on the spring sniper rifles.
Old March 29th, 2017, 13:43   #9
DENZILDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Ares has always had a lot of nice features in the spec's and cool one off guns in the catalog.

The heartbreak begins when the unique hopup chamber or weird one off tappet plate in your AEG breaks and it turns into a wall hanger for a couple years.

I won't even start on the spring sniper rifles.
You can email and buy parts from them and from the current status of users who contact them, Ares have been pretty good.
Old March 29th, 2017, 14:32   #10
Ap0stle

I'm fairly nub but my first AEG is an Ares Amoeba 013 -- I've only had a handful of outings, but it has been great. No complaints.

However, my friends and I have talked about doing reviews on guns after a full season of use instead of out of the box. The first time I pulled it out of the box and lit up some cans I heard the Titanic theme. The real question will be whether I'm still feeling that love after a full season of wear/tear.
Ap0stle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2017, 21:12   #11
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENZILDON View Post
You can email and buy parts from them and from the current status of users who contact them, Ares have been pretty good.
You sure can do that. Why in fact I even have a M-110 upper receiver right here in my hand. Only cost me $50 US plus shipping from Hong Kong.

Of course it has a huge casting flaw crack in it. And when I pointed that out to them they said sorry but we don't check the parts till the gun is fully assembled. So that was that, $50 for a broken part that was worse than the one on the gun that had supposedly passed their quality check.

Hard pass on Ares still.

Old March 29th, 2017, 21:32   #12
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

ARES is ok, for a beginner or casual play.
but past that they're not worth much.

Elite Force recognized this, and before they began sending out guns with their stamp of approval on them have made sure for ARES to step up their game, hence why certain ARES products are taking longer to get into the states.

The trigger boards are ok, but have been prone to failure.
if you do not program the gun with the additional programming module the gun does not work correctly and can damage itself. Had this happen when a dude had his gun set for 9.6V and used an 11.1V lipo, the gun ate itself.
Proprietary gears, they have a magnet built into them which tells the mosfet roughly where the gear sits in its rotation. if you replace the gears with ones without magnets the gun has a seizure and refuses to function correctly.

The lipo monitoring feature, it nice and quite handy to be honest. but again you must make sure its programmed right or else it wont work.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2017, 23:50   #13
DENZILDON

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
ARES is ok, for a beginner or casual play.
but past that they're not worth much.

Elite Force recognized this, and before they began sending out guns with their stamp of approval on them have made sure for ARES to step up their game, hence why certain ARES products are taking longer to get into the states.

The trigger boards are ok, but have been prone to failure.
if you do not program the gun with the additional programming module the gun does not work correctly and can damage itself. Had this happen when a dude had his gun set for 9.6V and used an 11.1V lipo, the gun ate itself.
Proprietary gears, they have a magnet built into them which tells the mosfet roughly where the gear sits in its rotation. if you replace the gears with ones without magnets the gun has a seizure and refuses to function correctly.

The lipo monitoring feature, it nice and quite handy to be honest. but again you must make sure its programmed right or else it wont work.
The old green chip sucks for sure, that's the one had issues with the 11.1 lipo. Ares updated their chip to the blue one that takes 11.1 lipo.

The programmer doesn't program the battery you use. You choose what kind of battery you have to start programming the shot feature.

For the gear you just add a magnet to the new gear.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank