Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hicapa - Compensated SHPD Custom

:

Airsoft Media

Old July 2nd, 2009, 16:32   #1
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Hicapa - Compensated SHPD Custom

Hey all, just thought I'd share some pics of my Hicapa I just built. Currently mostly stock, other than a 6" barrel that comes with the frame kit (also have a 7" PDI 6.01, not installed), and upgraded recoil and hammer springs.

Shooters Design SHPD slide
Freedom Art Long Frame (7") Compensated
Guarder Outer Barrel (Hybrid .45)
Shooters Design SV Grip

Need to buy a new trigger and hammer (most likely getting Illusion Kinetics stuff), and a magwell.

Hope you enjoy!
Old July 5th, 2009, 22:40   #2
venture

sweeeeeet!!

That is nice looking.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 22:55   #3
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Very nice. One thing about the 7" pdi barrel, is that it's still gonna stick out the front of your compensator by about 7-10 millimeters.

Illusion kinetic Hammer set for sure, trigger is all up to you. I also suggest upgrading the nozzle to either shooters design or Airsoft Surgeon.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 23:01   #4
ujiro

Yeah, plan on getting the nozzle sometime soon. I've heard the nineball internals are good (piston stuff..?).

7" PDI barrel, I may not even use it. If I do, I will cut it down to fit, and then crown it.

Illusion Kinetics hammer set will be purchased hopefully within the month. Need to save up cash first.
Old July 5th, 2009, 23:06   #5
lemegacool

very neat looking uji! loves the loooong frame! put a vsr barrel in it with a silencer! lol. if i ever build one i gonna build one with a hybrid slide...

so! when are you coming to a game in quebec so i can try your toys LOL!

member of fire team NOM. my other regular forum: www.toyotanation.com / gen3,gen4 camry
lemegacool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 23:09   #6
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Yeah, plan on getting the nozzle sometime soon. I've heard the nineball internals are good (piston stuff..?).

7" PDI barrel, I may not even use it. If I do, I will cut it down to fit, and then crown it.

Illusion Kinetics hammer set will be purchased hopefully within the month. Need to save up cash first.
Nineball piston head will blow out your o-ring if you're using propane. You won't have to worry about the piston head if you get the Lightweight Blowback chamber, since theres one built in.
Old July 6th, 2009, 00:56   #7
Wilo

Send a message via MSN to Wilo
Very pretty looking gun, but the sights I'm not too sure I like. Mainly just the back iron sight, it's a little curved and I don't know, I'd prefer a V shape.

But hey, nice toy, can I touch it?
Wilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 00:59   #8
Donster

i like it a lot!
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:22   #9
aznpos531

I like...I like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I could never stop going to WalMart. Its the only place I can get good airsoft guns.
aznpos531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:48   #10
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

amazingly similar to mine
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:54   #11
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Now you need a red-dot for that scope mount.
Trigger.

Get yourself some mags, a rig, and try out for the CAPS.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:21   #12
ujiro

Hitman:
4 mags already. Might get a few more, if I do CAPS. Red dot sight, that is next on the list. As well as a trigger. I really want a red trigger, but not sure how well that would go... :P.
Hopefully CAPS though, once I've got the gun worked in and completely done up to the point that I want it to be. Then CAPS will show me where it needs improvement.
And any hints as to whats the popular type of kit to use for CAPS? I've seen the stuff you guys use but I'm not sure what it is or where to get it lol.

Daiviet:
Thanks for the info on the nineball thing. So if I grab the AS (I think its surgeon.) lightweight bbu, or the Illusion Kinetics one, I'm good to go eh. Sounds good.
Also, I love your gun, so so much. It is somewhat what I am aiming to bring mine towards, just wanted to build it up myself, learn everything I can about the Hicapa so if I do get into CAPS, I know how I can customize it myself (fixing, tuning, etc).

Lemega:
Haha, that would be far too ridiculously long for my taste, but maybe one day just for funsies :P. And don't worry, I'll be coming to Quebec sometime hopefully even this year. I'll bring allll my toys.

Wilo:
Come out to a game, and you sure can . But I agree, I want to switch up the rear sights. Redundant if I get an RDS, but still, I agree. I would love a v-notch rear sight. Does anyone know if real steel 1911 sights fit on airsoft? With slight modification I'm sure they must be able to.

Donster, Azn: Thanks guys!

Keep the comments coming . I enjoy hearing comments, especially the criticism; it helps me figure out what I'd like to change, etc.
Old July 6th, 2009, 04:38   #13
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Throw that 7 inch inner in! It'll boost your FPS by about 30-40.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:20   #14
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
And any hints as to whats the popular type of kit to use for CAPS? I've seen the stuff you guys use but I'm not sure what it is or where to get it lol.
I can get you shooting rigs if you need... holsters, mag pouches and speed belts.

Other upgrade suggestions are flared magwells and enhanced magazine base plates.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:47   #15
m102404
Tys

Go with the Ghost holster and Ghost mag holders (get 4). Get a real belt (i.e. CRSpeed). Additional keepers are nice.

Get 2 more mags...you'll break one eventually. The other extras you can gas up and let rise to room temp between sets.

With optics (and your p*nis-compensatingly long pistol )...you'll be shooting Open division. There's only a few guys in that division.... Consider shooting a 5.1 in standard. You'll have more similar-level competition and get a lot of trigger time in. Race guns tend to be continuously under the knife...which is not a good thing just before you go to a match.

Illusion's sear/hammer sets are sweet. I picked up a 4.3 lightened commander set...dropped right in a worked sweet. Splitting hairs, it could use some minor tweaking...but I'll do that later.

The red PDI triggers are nice...Illusion's bound to have one kicking around.

Also ask him re. skater tape covers for your grips. They're great. A bit too "rough" at first...but just perfect after a little use.

Really like the optic mount setup.

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media