Old July 16th, 2010, 18:26   #16
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh View Post
Here is a picture of my gun btw.

G&P M4 GBBR
M203 Echo Launcher.

BTW, the 37mm flare launcher looks pretty sweet.

You only need to have a special license to get them in Canada, but buying them for a retailer doesn't require any license. However they are expensive none the less.
thats an airsoft one.....

they mean a REAL one. because the airsoft one woul NOT be able to fire a 40mm smoke grenade.

your can buy REAL 37mm ones (yes without a pal) you can also buy REAL 40mm ones, they are considered unrestricted, however they cost 8k, and their ammo is obviously illegal, albeit the smoke round.

you'll only be able to set off a 40mm smoke grenade with a REAL 40mm launcher, the striking pin on the airsoft one will not be strong enough to set off the shell of a smoke grenade to launch it, or it could and the launcher could fail right in your hands leaving them probably burnt (dead if you somehow manage to get an explosive one)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Assault Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 18:26   #17
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

I see!

Well I wouldnt want to buy a real steal m203. Not here to kill people, here to play airsoft ;P
Thanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 18:32   #18
KND
* AV revoked *

Quote:
I see!

Well I wouldnt want to buy a real steal m203. Not here to kill people, here to play airsoft ;P
Dude, who mention anything about killing people.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 18:38   #19
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Quote:
I see!

the m203 is just the means of delivering the munition, if you don't use the explosive round (which you won't, cause you can't get them) your not killing anybody, however yes, a smoke round can impact the ground and ricochet up into an old arab man's skull dropping him like a doe. or you could catch the field on fire possibly killing the fatter ones who can't outrun the grass fire...

on second thought, don't get a smoke grenade period.

check with your field, they'll give you the rundown on them and say yay or nay, then use the cold burning hand thrown ones. airsoft tube launchers are not here yet, too dangerous anyway

also the real steel launcher would damage airsoft 40mm's it's be for RS smoke nades only, and narrow niche weapons really suck I speak from experience
Quote:
Don't take weapons training from a book. It ranks right up there with people who think they know guns from watching a Chris Costa video.
Old July 16th, 2010, 18:46   #20
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assault Pioneer View Post
thats an airsoft one.....

they mean a REAL one. because the airsoft one woul NOT be able to fire a 40mm smoke grenade.

your can buy REAL 37mm ones (yes without a pal) you can also buy REAL 40mm ones, they are considered unrestricted, however they cost 8k, and their ammo is obviously illegal, albeit the smoke round.

you'll only be able to set off a 40mm smoke grenade with a REAL 40mm launcher, the striking pin on the airsoft one will not be strong enough to set off the shell of a smoke grenade to launch it, or it could and the launcher could fail right in your hands leaving them probably burnt (dead if you somehow manage to get an explosive one)
Again, not looking to shoot real smoke grenades. I'm talking airsoft friendly smoke grenades. Check the video post i posted for an example.

However it is good to know the options.

Edit

Okay I found out that video wasnt a home made nade. It uses a Sport Smoke Tactical Grenade
YouTube- Sport Smoke Tactical Smoke Grenade - Urban Ops Armory

This is pretty much my answer/solution, thanks for all the help guys. These smoke nades are pretty expensive though. Might be better off making my own.

Last edited by Thanh; July 16th, 2010 at 18:54..
Old July 16th, 2010, 19:21   #21
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Quote:
Again, not looking to shoot real smoke grenades. I'm talking airsoft friendly smoke grenades. Check the video post i posted for an example.

However it is good to know the options.

Edit

Okay I found out that video wasnt a home made nade. It uses a Sport Smoke Tactical Grenade
YouTube- Sport Smoke Tactical Smoke Grenade - Urban Ops Armory

This is pretty much my answer/solution, thanks for all the help guys. These smoke nades are pretty expensive though. Might be better off making my own.
I did and the first one in the foreign language is a real 40mm smoke that he took a real 40mm and mounted it to a paintball gun (thats why everyone was talking about real ones). there is no airsoft friendly tube launched smoke.

the other ones are all hand thrown, which depends on the field and what the want. (they will often make you buy a specific brand/type they trust, all others could be prohibited on their field so check)

those tactical smoke ones are ridiculously overpriced I can get ones here in canada for $8 that produce the same effect in different colours also... I like the purple ones
Quote:
Old July 16th, 2010, 19:31   #22
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
there is no airsoft friendly tube launched smoke.
However there are airsoft friendly tube launched sex toys.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2010, 19:39   #23
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Quote:
I did and the first one in the foreign language is a real 40mm smoke that he took a real 40mm and mounted it to a paintball gun (thats why everyone was talking about real ones). there is no airsoft friendly tube launched smoke.

the other ones are all hand thrown, which depends on the field and what the want. (they will often make you buy a specific brand/type they trust, all others could be prohibited on their field so check)

those tactical smoke ones are ridiculously overpriced I can get ones here in canada for $8 that produce the same effect in different colours also... I like the purple ones
I dont think its a real 40mm m203. He is using a Madbull Shell or the Rap4 Shells to shoot out the Smoke grenade.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=877

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/m68-thunder-grenade
Old July 16th, 2010, 19:46   #24
Assault Pioneer
formerly haakon45

Quote:
I dont think its a real 40mm m203. He is using a Madbull Shell or the Rap4 Shells to shoot out the Smoke grenade.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=877

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/m68-thunder-grenade
oop my bad, I must've yawned when he loaded the smoker into the tube I only saw the metal shell go in.

ya that could work.

however everything I said above still stands, no 40mm airsoft specific smoker out there. plus smoke is really iffy as it is they catch things on fire pretty easily, "cold burning" or not
Quote:
Old July 16th, 2010, 19:54   #25
Thanh
AKA Tsquared

Yeah seems that way. I talked to a few outdoor field owners about the smoke grenades. Some are okay with it, some are not. Last game I played they used smoke hand grenades and was consider to be allowed.
Old May 8th, 2011, 21:42   #26
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

that prolly shouldnt be posted here where the kiddies can see lol
the real 203 that is
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 21:51   #27
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Be sweet if MadMax could creat a AI Smoke Storm grenade, now that would be sweet. Solid and reusable like the Tornado, yet safe to use everywhere.....
Old May 8th, 2011, 23:11   #28
krap101

What's the difference between cold smoke and hot smoke? I assuming the hot smoke just burns quicker, where the cold smoke has a larger amount of baking soda in it?

The normal smoke grenade/rocket engine formula is kno3+sugar+baking soda, where the baking soda controls the rate of the reaction by releasing co2 as it is heated.
Old May 8th, 2011, 23:19   #29
Danke

All the cold smokes I've seen use a chemical reaction to generate smoke not a pyrotechnic one.

They'd still burn your hand if you held onto them or start a fire in dry brush.
Old November 16th, 2012, 21:50   #30
solidgear34

theres a very ghetto idea. baby powder.
solidgear34 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion