Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Problems with Hero's army surplus.

:

General

Old December 17th, 2006, 20:47   #1
Lakonian
kos

Hero's Army Surplus issues.

During the summer( 08/09/06), I brang my 2 paintball guns (worth over $900) into Hero's army surplus in the Oshawa area for a promised sale. When I arrived, he took a look at the guns, seemed pleased, and put them behind his table, reassuring me that he'd buy them. Moments later, he said he was no longer going to buy them, but "trade" me "anything" I'm looking for under $300 (which was $600 less than the fully tuned guns). I looked at several things, all of which he said I couldn't get a trade for, regardless of the low price tag. I quickly realised this was a bad move, and as I was attempting to get my guns back, and out of this bad deal, he offered me a trade for a Steyr aug, which was priced at $1000, and included 5 hicap mags, a tasco (maybe something less expensive) 4x scope, and sling. However, he neglected to include the state of the mechbox, and other internal parts ,when I inquired.
I later found out (from an ASC user)that the gun had blown shims, stripped gears, and a hell of alot more.
I sent him (Jeff) a message regarding the claims. Asking if they were true, and if they were I'd like a refund, or a (fair) trade. No replies. I sent another email just awhile ago requesting the same thing.

Anyone know what I should do? I think this is b.s, and so does the person I was there with. I knew I shouldn't have delt with him. Especially since he said he'd pay for the guns. Not trade some garbage gun.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated...

It's been resolved. Too bad they still want to play games with me.

@ Hero's Army Surplus : Hey, next time one of your employees posts something negative about me, make sure it's true. Obviously he was talking out of his ass, because when confronted (w/truth, coupled with evidence), he just ran (with tail tucked inbetween 'is legs, I might add).

Last edited by Lakonian; August 25th, 2007 at 12:52..
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 20:50   #2
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Can you go back and take your guns back?
Sell them by yourself and get what you want in the end?

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 20:54   #3
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Can you go back and take your guns back?
Sell them by yourself and get what you want in the end?
No, because chances are he has sold the guns already. I just want either my money back, or that aug. It's destroyed, but atleast if I get it I could part it out, and make some of the money I lost-back.

thanks for trying though!
Old December 17th, 2006, 20:57   #4
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Go and ask for your guns back, or get the police involved.
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:02   #5
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
Call and have a chat with the Durham Regional Police. They already have a hate-on for him.
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:04   #6
Lakonian
kos

Would the police care?
And if I have a down payment (technically) would I be the one to get burned? I mean he DID leave out important information...
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:09   #7
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

You got scammed. You have the big end of the stick.
It's now your turn to shove it up his ass!

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:10   #8
ATREYU

Send a message via ICQ to ATREYU Send a message via MSN to ATREYU Send a message via Skype™ to ATREYU
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Would the police care?
And if I have a down payment (technically) would I be the one to get burned? I mean he DID leave out important information...
Well instead of asking here on ASC, why don't you make an effort to ask the police themselves if they care. If he intentionally mislead you, and you think you can prove it, you will get an audience.
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:12   #9
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATREYU View Post
Well instead of asking here on ASC, why don't you make an effort to ask the police themselves if they care. If he intentionally mislead you, and you think you can prove it, you will get an audience.
I'll see. If he doesn't reply within a week, I will get them involved. So far I have two witnesses.
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:20   #10
ATREYU

Quote:
I'll see. If he doesn't reply within a week, I will get them involved. So far I have two witnesses.
What exactly are you waiting a week for?! A sudden attack of guilt on his part?! Dude, call 905-579-1520 and get it over with...
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:24   #11
Lakonian
kos

No, I'm giving him enough time to see my email (the second one), and reply. If he does not in the alloted time, I guess I'll leave it to the police.

Thanks for the number Atreyu.
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:27   #12
ATREYU

Quote:
No, I'm giving him enough time to see my email (the second one), and reply. If he does not in the alloted time, I guess I'll leave it to the police.

Thanks for the number Atreyu.
Do some research here on the boards and judge for yourself how many times that waiting for a reply has worked in regards to a bad transaction, whether online or in person. In the mean time, while you wait, if he hasn't sold your kit, he may in the time you wait. Therefore you lose more chances of getting your kit back as opposed to the money. I wouldn't wait, but it's your choice though...
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:32   #13
G3SG1

Send a message via MSN to G3SG1
Wow ya I agree in a way with ATREYU, I don't know how you could wait a week. I'd be worried about the police not being as concerned because you didn't contact them right away. I know if I got ripped off 900 bucks I'd want to do more than just phone the police. I guess the positive for waiting would be that you could say that you have tried contacting him and getting your stuff but a no go with him...
G3SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:32   #14
G3SG1

Send a message via MSN to G3SG1
I agree
G3SG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 21:33   #15
scooby
Go down and talk with Jeff in person, forget the emails, or phone him he's always there.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General