Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Would like to hear your Effective Range...

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 3rd, 2016, 00:15   #16
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

You know, I've always wanted to setup an airsoft range, out to 400' plus. At each 50' marker I'd setup a permanent post with a garbage can lid on it, like those old aluminum ones, so you could clearly hear each landing round, which should simulate an effective range size. In the center Id have a clip to mount an aluminum pie plate on, because they'd dent with each shot, letting you record your accuracy at each marker, then change them out as needed. I'd have one movable target as well, at least to mark out exact affective range.
Old October 3rd, 2016, 00:17   #17
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

flat hop and rhop are *literally* the exact same type of hopup.
If you're getting less range than an Rhop with a flat hop, it's because the rubber is too hard, NOT because it's not an rhop.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 07:38   #18
Syndakit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
flat hop and rhop are *literally* the exact same type of hopup.
If you're getting less range than an Rhop with a flat hop, it's because the rubber is too hard, NOT because it's not an rhop.
What? I got better range out of my gun when I installed a r hop patch on my barrel, which was already flat hopped prior.

Do you mean the bucking is the same? Because yeah, you have to flat hop a bucking for a r hop.
Syndakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 11:36   #19
ThunderCactus

No, I mean it's literally the exact same principle being used. The only three differences are 1. the material used, 2. slightly longer contact, and 3. the hop arm arm doesn't have to go down as far.
But the slightly longer contact won't matter unless you're up in the 2.5j+ range using super heavy BBs like .43+

So either it's the wrong rubber, or the install wasn't done properly.
All the properly flathopped guns I've seen and built shoot just as far as Rhops. Cheaper to do, same performance, I think they just wear out faster.
Old October 5th, 2016, 13:12   #20
Zeroroaster

Syndakit, have you tried .3's in that rifle? If you're firing 400-ish fps with 28's that can actually cause things to fly off course a bit. If the gun has a modified hop like that it may really benefit from heavier ammo. I just finished putting an r hop into my M14 and now it's relegated to .36's minimum. It'll handle a lighter BB, but not accurately and they just want to fly off into space. When I load in the 36's, it's all business. My M14 is firing 413fps and it's the stock G&G 6.04 barrel.

Usually I try for about 375-390 fps in my guns as it seems they handle a .30 better (and 30's are much easier to find and cheaper than 36's!). I did up the M14 so I could snipe in semi auto...hehehe.

Oh for the sake of the thread's original question, my lower fps guns (375-390) are 250ft.+ with .30's, and the M14 is 300ft. with .36's, and the bolt gun is classified.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 14:56   #21
ThunderCactus

Not that you should be running .28s if you're looking for high accuracy in the 250-300ft range anyway, but if you're forced to run .36s because your rhop overhops .28s, then the rhop wasn't done properly.
It's an adustable hop, not a fixed hop, so it shouldn't even overhop .20s with the hop off.

Not that it really matters if you're getting the range and accuracy you want, and don't mind spending the money on .36s, but it really bothers me that people charge the same amount I do to Rhop guns, then fuck it up.
It's a pet peeve lol
Old October 5th, 2016, 23:15   #22
Zeroroaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Not that you should be running .28s if you're looking for high accuracy in the 250-300ft range anyway, but if you're forced to run .36s because your rhop overhops .28s, then the rhop wasn't done properly.
It's an adustable hop, not a fixed hop, so it shouldn't even overhop .20s with the hop off.

Not that it really matters if you're getting the range and accuracy you want, and don't mind spending the money on .36s, but it really bothers me that people charge the same amount I do to Rhop guns, then fuck it up.
It's a pet peeve lol
Well no, I may have worded that wrong. Yes, it has no effect when the hop is off, but then what was the point, right? I guess what I meant to say, is that the hop sure can spin those BB's so you may not be getting the best out of your gun with the lighter ammo.

As for the r hops in my rifles, it cost me zero dollars and zero cents. I do my own. So, no need to get peeved...I don't do it for anyone else but me and my kid...and more importantly, it's not fucked up, they work absolutely right.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications