Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Prices for guns in the classifieds

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 24th, 2010, 01:36   #16
Strelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts10z View Post
Piss off buddy. Im not allowed to be pissed that after listening to EVERYONE tell me to get age verified and then finally getting it done, and still be waiting. By any chance you arent one of those "When i was a kid I had to walk ten miles each way to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways." kind of people are you.
You're bitching needlessly, bud. Its in the works, nobody is going to make you an exception and get you verified faster because you are having a bit of a tantrum here. Wait for the person in charge of that to verify the batch and you will be good to go. Good things dont come instantly. Be patient.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 01:40   #17
Rugger_can

Quote:
Piss off buddy. Im not allowed to be pissed that after listening to EVERYONE tell me to get age verified and then finally getting it done, and still be waiting. By any chance you arent one of those "When i was a kid I had to walk ten miles each way to school. In the snow. Uphill. Both ways." kind of people are you.
Unfortunately this is a slow but necessary process to help prevent the sale and distribution of airsoft to minors. Try to liken it too a government ID, you submit your information or take your test and it takes a few weeks to arrive, it is a pain in the ass but its better then having unlicensed drivers running around. Also try to remember that this community is staffed by volunteers that have lives and schedules and the demands of a massive community can be very time consuming, even more so if they where to attempt to do everything as it comes up.

Having said this I can understand your frustration, but taking it out on Kalnaren won't accelerate the process of getting your AV tag. Also this really is not the place to have this sort of discussion.

Cheers
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 04:14   #18
af122

surebet i dont get it. is that the list of guns you have to sell? tons of good stuff.i would love to buy the hi-cappa if your selling it for $300? haha jk:P
af122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 06:42   #19
ratnest

thats a screen shot of the classifieds, not just what he has for sale, to give you a rough idea of going rate for guns
ratnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 21:11   #20
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Thanks for the insight on the classifieds!

Looking forward to viewing it personally in a month!

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2010, 23:21   #21
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Yes Armand! Glad to see you're still hangin around man, hope to see you on the field soon

^ this guy is a perfect example of a minor with a good attitude, he's waited his turn and is about to see his patience pay off!

Last edited by pusangani; May 16th, 2010 at 23:23..
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 00:05   #22
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I never forgot.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 21:48   #23
Armandhammer

Send a message via MSN to Armandhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Yes Armand! Glad to see you're still hangin around man, hope to see you on the field soon

^ this guy is a perfect example of a minor with a good attitude, he's waited his turn and is about to see his patience pay off!
Thanks Pusangani! The Area 51 games were extremely memorable! Looking forward to game with you as well

Tokyo … that picture …ENOUGH

"Airsoft will be taken seriously, but it will never be forgotten that airsoft is just a game. Treat every player with respect and honor."
Armandhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 19:49   #24
ssrc30

Quote:
Its even more annoying when you go to all the trouble of meeting with an AVer and it still takes weeks for your account to be updated. I am not really new to the sport, just didnt manage to get verified till recently, yet no change. Not very encouraging. And before any of you get on my case about why it took so long to meet with an AVer, first there arent many in Edmonton, and of those only one responded, and he and I couldn't get our schedules aligned. That and I had cancer this year. So when a store finally got approved to AV and I met him I thought I was all set. WRONG

Atleast in Edmonton there are options as far as AV'ers go. Where I live there is only 1 AV'er and I don't even know if he is still active. Oh well, Patience prevails and a trip to the city may be good for the soul......

Sorry to hear about the Cancer, hope all is going well for you.
"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally."

Soviet infantry manual, issued in the 1930's
ssrc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 03:28   #25
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

The market has fluctuated quite a bit recently with the arrival of the new Safesoft initiative.

There are about 420 posts in the AEG classifieds. Many of these posts contain multiple guns, but quite a few are expired listings that were not removed or discarded because of a local trade. It would be safe to say around 500 AEGs are currently available right now in the classifieds.

There are around 390 posts in the bolt and gas section. Once more, taking into account multiple gun threads and abandonned threads, around 450 pistols, gas rifles and bolt rifles available.

There are around 630 posts in the parts and accessory section, containing innumerable parts ranging from simple screws to near complete guns, kits, optics and mags.

All of this is available right now from particulars in Canada, so by getting AVed, you gain access to an absurd amount of stuff right now.

There are a few more retailers outside of ASC, but for the sake of argument I stayed within the AV retailer section. The only difference in methodology this time is instead of averaging prices, the lower was noted.

Results here:

Lower end guns have not been included by personnal preference, but they are available at a higher import cost. The final cost will still be lower, but because of the higher margin, it is usually better to go for the top tier items.

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 00:52   #26
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachster View Post
You are in Toronto. One of the highest concentration of AV'ers live in the GTA.

Army Issue
Brian McIlmoyle
Jugglez
Karnage
ILLusion

Endymion
Goldman
Hades
Krusty
MadMorbius
manchovie
Phalanix
Predator
Redneck
Retribution
Shooting Chef
Shrike

And that's just a list of people in the GTA. There are more but it is clear you didn't really try.
I think this list needs updating....Predator hasn't been on this site since Dec. '05, haha

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:32   #27
Conscript
AKaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by memel View Post
I think this list needs updating....Predator hasn't been on this site since Dec. '05, haha
I thought he passed away or something? The guy just vanished into thin air.
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:04   #28
Donald

Thanks, but shipping the guns need too long time.:flame:
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 09:21   #29
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Thanks, but shipping the guns need too long time.:flame:
In Canada it takes like 5-10 business days... how impatient are you?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:00   #30
AS92-RD

Finally, after 2 years of interest in airsoft and being a minor I went in to get AV'd recently and judging by that list, It was definitely worth it. For any minor who is an impatient bug, all I gotta say is "More for me."
AS92-RD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank