Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA M15A4 Rewire

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 29th, 2007, 11:19   #1
Erik2

CA M15A4 Rewire

I searched ASC and Google and can not find my answer. Seems like it would be a common question, but no dice.

I want to rewire my AEG so I can toss on a Magpul CTR stock I have and use a PEQ as a battery box.

When I took it apart, I can see no place to run the wires to the front of the gun under the RIS. Does this mean I have to drill through the upper reciever?
Or is there something I am missing?

Erik
Erik2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:28   #2
thephenom

On my M15A4 carbine, the hole should be on the lower receiver, and I ran the wire through my MRE onto my PEQ box.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:29   #3
gamz

I had the same question, and Dracheous was nice enough to provide the following:

All it really is, you open the mech box, and re route the wire inside the mechbox itself. There are channels for the wiring, the only "difficult" part which really is, is making sure you get the wire that goes under the motor gear down properly so that it doesn't get frayed from the gear; and possibly short the motor.

Old June 29th, 2007, 11:37   #4
Erik2

The problem is there is no place to run the wires out of the reciever into the RIS. The delta ring is solid, with no hole to bring wires through.
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:42   #5
gamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik2 View Post
The problem is there is no place to run the wires out of the reciever into the RIS. The delta ring is solid, with no hole to bring wires through.
Ah sorry, I misread. I thought you were doing what I needed to do, and route the wires to the stock rather than the foregrips :P

I can't remember clearly, but I thought there was a small notch in the delta ring assembly where the barrel came through to route the wire.

I'll check my M4 delta ring when I get home if your question hasn't been answered by then.

Old June 29th, 2007, 11:53   #6
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Both my TM and ICS have lil holes under the delta and the wires feed out under the barrel, you have to feed the wires then put the plugs to em tho. Its a small hole.
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:12   #7
Erik2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
Both my TM and ICS have lil holes under the delta and the wires feed out under the barrel, you have to feed the wires then put the plugs to em tho. Its a small hole.
My TM has this hole under the delta, but the CA AR15 does not. I think I am going to have to drill through to be able to route my wires to the front of the rifle.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications