Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Preventative maintenance/improvements.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 4th, 2007, 22:40   #1
Vespertilio

Preventative maintenance/improvements.

Ok i'm to this sport/pastime.
I Always hearing about airsoft guns breaking, the cheap ones usualy, but even the high end ones wear and need tuning, fixing from time to time.
Now I just got a TM M4A1 to play around with this summer and I'd like keep it in top condition for as long as possible,,, at least the summer fall season,,, come winter and i'l have plenty of time to save and spend on any upgrades, tune up parts an such.
At the moment I'm going to keep it stock, I suppose I'l be problem free for the year, but how about some basic things.
I'm not looking to upgrade, modify it in any significant way as to increase performance per se,,, What I mean is basic cheap stuff that can help improve reliability, such as bushings, and this shimming i keep reading about...
Any tips, sugestions on this issue that some of you more experienced airsofters can recomend. Like I said, I'm not looking into upgrading the gun to increase performance, just the reliability/ durability of a stock TM gun.
Thanks
Vespertilio
Vespertilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 01:48   #2
thephenom

As a stock TM, you won't have much trouble lasting for the whole season. (Unless you are really trigger happy shoppings tens of thousands rounds in one season)

But yes, metal bushings and reshim wouldn't hurt either.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 05:16   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

If you're not upgrading for power, not looking for consistency improvements, not looking for ROF improvements and not looking for power consumption improvements, then just LEAVE IT ALONE.

Marui gearboxes already come pretty well shimmed. On occasion, they could use a minor tuning, but it's never anything significant. They run fine the way they are.

A bone stock virgin Tokyo Marui gun can last for a LONG time, as long as you use the proper recommend power source for it. There are many users who have gone well over a decade with their bone stock guns. Stick to quality BBs and be careful to never crank up your hop up too high (can cause jams or tears), and your gun can last well over one season. One year in the grand scheme of a gun's life is nothing.

Last edited by ILLusion; May 5th, 2007 at 05:18..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner