:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 2nd, 2007, 03:00   #1
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

G&P sr25 and CA25

Seems i can't find any info so i'll ask away:P

G&P RS-25 or CA25?

Both are full metal. G&P seems better built but motor a bit weaker (300fps compare to the 350fps of the CA).

Anyone owns one or the other? How are both in quality talking? Both upgradeable?

Thx
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 03:41   #2
thephenom

Never chronied my G&P SR-25, but it definitely shoots over 300fps, probably closer to 400fps comparing to my other AEGs shooting close to 400.

The trades are nicer on the G&P than the CA, not sure what gearbox the CA one uses, but the G&P one uses a special longer version of the V2 gearbox, so it might not have as much upgrade parts available as the CA version.

Only complain from me, it's a huge heavy rifle, almost make it seems you can't assault with it.

EDIT: Just hate the fact there aren't any lo-caps or real caps available.

Last edited by thephenom; July 2nd, 2007 at 03:43..
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:09   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Seems i can't find any info so i'll ask away:P

G&P RS-25 or CA25?

Both are full metal. G&P seems better built but motor a bit weaker (300fps compare to the 350fps of the CA).

Anyone owns one or the other? How are both in quality talking? Both upgradeable?

Thx
The motor has no affect on velocity.

It's the spring that determines velocity. For $25, you can get a new spring from any retailer in Canada - drop that in and you'll have whatever velocity you want.

I'd recommend G&P over CA. I've had better experiences with their externals than CA in the past, although CA has made leaps and bounds. I can't say for certain how their new products are - if only their initial products didn't leave such a sour note in my mind...
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:15   #4
Ronan

Ok, ty again guys
Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:26   #5
Ronan

Any more comments? I have heard ups and downs about the G&P SR-25...

And phenomon they are G&P metal 170bb mags for the G&P RS-25.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 13:23   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

G&P has better metal than CA, G&P internals are of higher quality but usually un-shimmed causing damage over time. As long as you shim the gearbox when you get it, it's a much better weapon.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 13:29   #7
Ducky

Send a message via MSN to Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Ducky
G&P!!!
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 13:34   #8
LUTNIT

CA use a custom long mechbox similar to G&P's, needs a custom piston, cylinder, sector gear, and a couple other parts that you have to by from CA/G&P and there are no aftermarket parts for. Some models of the SR-25 from G&P have a standard ver.2 mechbox instead of the long one (the long mechbox wasn't released until after the SR-25 was so the original SR-25 releases have a standard mechbox.) Using a standard mechbox requires an extra long nozzle, special cylinder head, and a metal ring that does around the nozzle bridging the gap between the mechbox and hopup. Other than that its all standard ver.2 parts. I have this setup with a standard ver.2 mechbox and have all SystemA internals in my mechbox. Also the G&P SR-25 out of the box is setup for semi-auto only. There is a stud on the body that prevents the selector switch from going over to auto and the selector plate that comes with it, I'm told, has no full auto setting even if you do move the selector over there. I have a standard ver.2 selector plate and ground down the stud so I can use full auto. My gun has been converted into a 14.5" HK417 assault weapon instead of a sniper rifle and is only shooting ~360fps.

Stock G&P guns often shoot near 400fps, some shoot over. Several local players bought G&P SPR's and they all came out of the box shooting around 420-425fps.

The SR-25 hicaps are designed for semi-auto fire so when shooting full auto they completely unwind after 10-20 shots. Semi auto allows for a hundred or so shots from my experience on one wind. The 170rnd midcaps are nice for full auto but when you only load 23rnds to represent a realcap they don't feed well since their midcaps. I was pondering the idea of using the midcaps shells and mounting STAR VN M16 realcaps inside them with some sort of rig to hold them in place in the front of the midcap shell. Haven't gotten around to it yet though.

Also the mags in my gun had to be slammed incredibly hard to get them in, and they where so hard to pull out I would pull the magpuls off. Found out the ring that the mag catch shaft slides through protruded into the magwell (normal M4/16's don't have the mechbox that far into the magwell) and was jamming up my mags. Just had to grind the front of that ring down. It was a G&P reinforced ver.2 mechbox if anyone is interested.

All in all, unless you really want it for the looks (I was after an HK417 so didn't have a choice) stick with the normal M4/16 series. So many more parts, mags, bodies, etc. to choose from.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 14:04   #9
Ronan

Seems that G&P is pay and pray that its a good gun... Some say they are excellent, other say that they got theirs brand new and its shit...

WTB Quality Control >_>

But overall it seems that the G&P is better on the outside. Since i intend to get the G&P SR25 internals modified, i think its a better platform.

Thx for the reviews guys, if theirs anything else plz do tell
Old July 2nd, 2007, 16:51   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

whats wrong with G&P internals? their gears are awesome you just need to shim them properly since they don't do it at the factory
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2007, 18:15   #11
BloodSport
Traveling Man

psst. its a SR-25

There are very few aftermarket parts for the SR25 series, due to the longer mech box design. So your basically changing the internals with the same internals, so not sure what modifications your planning.

Overall if you got the $$$, go for the G&P. Dont forget your mags are different as well, so save up for them and get a few in at the same time.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:08   #12
Ronan

I got the isk, i love the SR-25 look. So G&P it is (unless i find something else lol). But so far its uber sexy
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:23   #13
vatek

ISK?

rofl. EVE Online player, huh?
vatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:24   #14
thephenom

Have fun finding out, took me a while to find mine.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 12:50   #15
Ronan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatek View Post
ISK?

rofl. EVE Online player, huh?
LOL my bad^^
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion