Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

East side field in the GTA?

:

General

Old December 2nd, 2014, 13:27   #1
shinobii

East side field in the GTA?

Just a quick shout out to all our dedicated followers in the East end of Toronto. We love your support at the Mach1 airsoft Indoor Arena so far. But we don't know if all of you haven't made it down yet because of distance?
Are there enough of you out there for Mach1 airsoft to open up an "East side" Indoor field? You know we're quick to act when we make a decision on something, and we may just announce a new East side arena at any moment. Maybe even before the holidays. We're crazy like that. Let us know your thoughts.
In the mean time make your way down to Toronto's premier indoor Airsoft facility at 205 Milvan Drive, just 400 meters away from our airsoft retail store. Thanks for your continued support as always.
Like Us on FACEBOOK
Follow Us on Twitter

Store Hours of Operation:
Tue-Wed: 11:00am-5:00pm
Thurs: 11:00am-8:00pm
Fri: 11:00am-5:00pm
Sat: 10:00-5:00pm

Retail Store Address: 237 Toryork Drive, Toronto Ontario.
shinobii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 14:18   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Make 1 big ass mega indoor field, and everyone will come.

60000 SQFT+.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 14:45   #3
-Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Make 1 big ass mega indoor field, and everyone will come.

60000 SQFT+.
+1
-Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 15:52   #4
knightkyun

+1 East side!!! Easier drive lol.
knightkyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 16:28   #5
Swattiger

Easy side for sure will have a big group of fans. And a good size is important.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 16:37   #6
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Yah like....why split your costs between two tiny places?

Open a huge ass feild like cqb city in the states...that will be a first ever...probably in Canada.

If people want to play they will travel...especially to a huge venue that will allow people to play multiple roles...especially the sniper newbies and machine gun tent pitchers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 16:44   #7
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Yah like....why split your costs between two tiny places?

Open a huge ass feild like cqb city in the states...that will be a first ever...probably in Canada.

If people want to play they will travel...especially to a huge venue that will allow people to play multiple roles...especially the sniper newbies and machine gun tent pitchers.
Y'all need a better marketing team. Hire a consultant, like me. :P

Regardless of where you guys are situated now, it's common sense that there's only two local CQB fields.

UA
Mach1

SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

People will FLOCK to you regardless, before your field opened, people would go to UA from all over, now that Mach1 is there, people will go to you regardless if you expand or not. If you have "Specials" on weekdays too, people will be more encourage to go.

If you do get a big place somewhere remotely close to the city, people will go to you even MORE!

CQB City in the us is 60,000+ SQFT, from current mach1 field, it seems ideal for max players of 10/15 vs 10/15.

Having two separate fields will limit the player base which may be a good or bad thing for players, and not ideally profitable for you guys. If you guys jam pack a location, that's where your profit margin goes up, however your player happiness goes down because it's a crowded cluster storm.

Ideally having one large field be cool, but also unrealistic, as I know rent in GTA for something on that scale would be quite pricey.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 17:30   #8
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

$8 to $12 as square foot.. for heated warehouse space - 60000 feet = $10 x 60000 = $600000.00 a year rent... 50k a month .. before you heat it.. 3k a month to heat, lets call it 55k a month operating costs ( before anyone makes any money ) $30 a session 1833 sessions a month - 25 operating days 73 a day

you need 100 people a day to run that show.. not impossible actually

large draw.. you have the greatest concentration of airsoft players in the country here in the GTA

need a million in starting capital to get going ..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite

Last edited by Brian McIlmoyle; December 2nd, 2014 at 17:32..
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 17:39   #9
siggypoo

Plus need to keep that traffic up, long term. Any place can be a flash in the pan. Loom at LaserQuest, for one example. Longevity. Keep this traffic, for years. And years.
And years.

Old December 2nd, 2014, 18:33   #10
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggypoo View Post
Plus need to keep that traffic up, long term. Any place can be a flash in the pan. Loom at LaserQuest, for one example. Longevity. Keep this traffic, for years. And years.
And years.

well as long as the laws remain favorable to airsoft, I think we have a growth market for the next 5 years .. then a stable market thereafter.

having larger indoor facilities has had a positive impact on the growth in participation, I think it will continue.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 19:25   #11
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
$8 to $12 as square foot.. for heated warehouse space - 60000 feet = $10 x 60000 = $600000.00 a year rent... 50k a month .. before you heat it.. 3k a month to heat, lets call it 55k a month operating costs ( before anyone makes any money ) $30 a session 1833 sessions a month - 25 operating days 73 a day

you need 100 people a day to run that show.. not impossible actually

large draw.. you have the greatest concentration of airsoft players in the country here in the GTA

need a million in starting capital to get going ..
You got first hands in the field, so I'll "nod" my head in agreement with you!
Old December 2nd, 2014, 19:25   #12
siggypoo

I'm glad to read that, and I hope your prediction proves right. I'm just making a relevant observation. I don't think there are many businesses that plan to fail within five years, LQ included. Yet it happens.

Old December 2nd, 2014, 19:37   #13
AndersonTo

as long as you stay away from keele / finch. S'all good. hate traffic in that area.
AndersonTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 20:37   #14
amano999

More local fields is always a good thing I say. I play pretty regular but only on weekends. If there was somthing only 20min away I would definatly go for a quick weekday skrim.

I know ppl will hate it cause online every one is super leet, but if you look at allot of the fields in the U.S especialy in the southern states having small to mid size fields seem pretty viable if you expand the your market.

Granted when you see a youtube video of 40+ players many are young or new but the bottom line is as a business you need to fill the place up with ppl to keep the doors open not please all the super leet airsofters.

With proper education and good reffing new young players become good players.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2014, 22:54   #15
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
I still think that investing in an airsoft field that can only barely handle 15 on 15 engagements is a huge oversight when it comes to airsoft.

Look at UA...on weekends you have like 40-50 people crammed in, and its horrible. You have new people coming in and other people giving up and leaving due to the over crowding. I never understood why on the busiest most jam packed day...they charge double admission prices. 45 dollars to be stuffed in like sardines, what a steal.

A field needs to open (maybe not 60k sq feet) that has a decent size...and not such a HUGE focus on all cqb. What a lot of people crave are SECOND STORIES, longer engagement areas, and hell maybe some over head path ways and stairwells to have some bottlenecks in areas that you have to fight around. Hell even third stories. And not all on one side of your double gym floor. I swear.... why don't the owners ask some bloody counter strike map makers to model their fields and TEST THEM in game rather then build shit and find out later how stuff wont work.

Shit buy some land, build de_dust/2 and be good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; December 2nd, 2014 at 22:56..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General