Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a newbie-friendly drop-in game around the GTA...

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 12th, 2013, 12:15   #16
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

lol, it's nice to read about how friendly the community is. Another member is offering via PM to let me play with his gear at UA sometime. I used to do the same thing with paintball, try other peoples markers and let them play with mine.

Speaking of paintball I wouldn't go to Sgt. Splatters myself ever again. I first played paintball there many moons ago but I found them to be arrogant over the years and the field was totally disgusting as they never cleaned it as far as I could tell.

Seems like Toronto Airsoft is having a big holiday sale too with a fair selection of AEGs around $200 so I might have a rifle sooner rather than later.

Just to switch gears a bit is there any shops in the area that you guys would recommend for clothes? Not really an issue for indoor but the tactical camouflage looks so badass and I can't seem to find a walk-in store that carries a selection of them.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:25   #17
amano999

Just make sure if you do buy a new AEG that get the spring downgrade done. If you can do it yourself great, if not UA or toronto airsoft offer the service for a fee.

I have seen so many ppl show up at UA with brand new guns and cant use them cause they are shooting to hot.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia

G-69
amano999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 12:27   #18
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I would do extensive research before you buy something.

Make sure you know exactly what you want and branding.

Would get Age verified first to explore retailers, and classified sections!
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 13:22   #19
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
Speaking of paintball I wouldn't go to Sgt. Splatters myself ever again. I first played paintball there many moons ago but I found them to be arrogant over the years and the field was totally disgusting as they never cleaned it as far as I could tell.
I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dot View Post
Just to switch gears a bit is there any shops in the area that you guys would recommend for clothes? Not really an issue for indoor but the tactical camouflage looks so badass and I can't seem to find a walk-in store that carries a selection of them.
There's not a huge selection of camo out there. Most stores just carry the common stuff, and you have to order less common stuff online.

Check out Heroes out in Oshawa: http://herooutdoors.com/
Or Army Issue in Mississauga: http://armyissue.com/
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 13:44   #20
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Whatever you do, don't buy ACU, that was the first bdu I ever bought when I started out and I stuck out like a sore thumb at most games. Cadpat, Marpat, DPM, Flecktarn are all very good "green" camos for where we live.
Old December 12th, 2013, 14:14   #21
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Whatever you do, don't buy ACU, that was the first bdu I ever bought when I started out and I stuck out like a sore thumb at most games. Cadpat, Marpat, DPM, Flecktarn are all very good "green" camos for where we live.
+1 Bought ACU BDU / Molle and took a week to sell it.

Realized the out come of it, maybe if we had a sandy environment haha.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2013, 14:59   #22
slowbird

For those that play in winter....ACU is surprisingly awesome in snowy woodland enviroment.

RedDot: If I may make a recommendation. I have only ben playing Airsoft since August and the way I started seems to have really helped me progress.

The very first thing I purchased was a Pistol, and that was the only thing I used when playing indoors (at UA). I at first felt as if I was at a disadvantage but quickly learned how much fun a Pistol can be in CQB. You just need a few Mags.

I then joined a local field and the first day a member let me use some of his AEG's. I used 2 of his AK's (both very different) and an M1A1 Thompson. After a day of playing with those long heavy guns I quickly realized I wanted something smaller. I picked up a TM P90 and have been extremely happy with it.
Now it's winter. The field I am playing on has less foliage/brush and sightlines are much longer....I felt I needed a bit more range. I picked up an inexpensive KA M4A1.

I think a good way of learning and progressing is starting with the smaller sidearm and progressing as you become more proficient. Doesn't mean you have to end with a Sniper Rifle....but it's doesn't mean you need to start with an M4.

The best way to learn is to read alot and listen alot.

Last edited by slowbird; December 12th, 2013 at 15:29..
slowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2013, 05:27   #23
Red Dot

Understood on the gun and camo purchases. A really neat pattern is the A-TACS FG that looks better for our green environment.

Great advice slowbird, I do have the tendency to go all-in a little quick but your advice on progression seems very sound indeed. I love the look of the P90 as well, I have fired a real F2000 and found that to be very comfortable and it's basis is similar to the P90.
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:31   #24
Dimitri
Can't do math

Careful with gun size, a gun you may want to buy, based on looks may end up feeling useless to you where you play.

Don't get me wrong, you can work around your guns length but eventually you'll want something a little more easy to deal with.

Starting small and going up is less expensive then going big then moving down. For the simple matter depending on where you end up playing, you may never feel the need to move up. Such as at UA where full length battle rifles are just not worth carrying around.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 03:19   #25

I play at sgt splatters every other Sunday. I wouldn't worry about your gun. A quick wipe will take care of the little paintball goo and its a good habit to do a quick inspection / cleaning after every play anyways. You will need your own gun to play but its only $15. Being new / getting back into it again I found the guys that play there to be very friendly and helpful. Hope this helps.
101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2013, 13:37   #26
Red Dot

I remember Sgt. Splatters being one of the most dirty indoors facilities I played in, I literally had to peel myself off the walls and then I looked like an abstract painting where my clothes made contact. As mentioned above too I found most of the guys that worked there very arrogant, it wasn't always like that but became worse when they fielded a competitive team and acted like they were untouchable.

At $15 that seems like a good deal, do you bring your own BB's?

As an update to this thread I have picked up some gear, I'm the owner of a modified King Arms M4A1 AEG and a WE M&P 9c GBBP. Was able to sell my snowboard to cover the purchase of the AEG and the GBBP was an impulse buy.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank