Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WWII Team In Québec

:

WW1, WW2

Old November 20th, 2010, 12:38   #16
leecas
The Rain Man

My French is very bad so I'm not even going to try. But I think I have the jest of your conversation.

Starting out I wouldn't worry that you don't have the uniform or gear or even the weapons. Start the group and you will see it all come together. It's addictive and once you start you will want to finish your impression. And when you think that you are done you will find more.

We have two kinds of members... the ones that go all out on their impressions and then the guys that do their best and look the part. You can do Allied and German impressions on the cheap.

As it was mentioned above there are a lot of options for the Germans... late in the war a lot of their stuff was mix and match.

The important is to get the group started. Good luck and let us know if we can help.
leecas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 14:07   #17
Gaius_Baltar

Indeed.
I have a full German loadout, but not perfect- yet decent ones can be made using old German camo from an army-surplus store. I got one that's really similar to late-war German camo and it was only about $20

As for getting a group started: I've been wanting to do so for quite a long time now. The Ontario WWII group was very helpfull when it came to getting my loadout: but I have yet to attend any games since the majority of them seem to be more central and southern Ontario
Gaius_Baltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 14:42   #18
bomber439

J'ai joué mon impression canadienne (Les Fusilier Mont-Royal) pour la première fois, il y a 3 semaines. J'étais le seul en uniforme de la deuxieme guerre. Il faut commencer quelque part. Mon impression est complète a part d'un cordon pour mon pistolet. L'uniforme est une reproduction. Le webbing est réel (daté ou non-daté de 39-45).
I played my Canadian impression (Les Fusilier Mont-Royal) for the first time, about 3 weeks ago. I was the only one in WWII uniform. I guess we have to start somewhere. My impression is complete except for a pistol lanyard. The uniform is a repro but the webbing is real (dated WWII and post WWII).

Bomber

Aging is a disease and everyone has it. A pandemic for which there is no vaccine. And, if you live long enough, it will kill you.

bomber439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2010, 14:55   #19
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSpartan View Post
Complètement d'accord. Je crois qu'également, ce qui semble donner vie aux games en Ontario, ou partout en Europe, ce sont surtout les props sur le field. Entre mettre une "C4" sur un tas de bois, et mettre un satchel sur un Howitzer, ya une grosse différence! :P

Voici un bon exemple. Beaucoups sont full gearés, mais si vous êtes attentifs, vous allez voir une couple de M14
Totalement d'accord que les props ajoutent beaucoup a l'experience (le Voodoo paintball a trois-riviere est deja parfait pour ce qui est des props et du setting)
Old November 20th, 2010, 18:29   #20
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Je tiens également a donner deux sites qui me sont utile présentement pour assembler mon kit. Beaucoup d'infos sur les deux sites.

Here two website I like for gathering info on my own kit. Lots of informations on both websites.

www.ww2airsoft.fr -> Français, belle mine d'infos, communauté très aimable et aide beaucoup si vous avez des questions

http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com -> Anglais, Leecas va être heureux! :P

Je travaille personnellement sur un Kit FSSF (First Special Service Force), ou the Devil's Brigade. Voici un autre site qui offre beaucoup d'infos : http://fssflhg.tripod.com/id23.htm

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Last edited by Boyso; November 20th, 2010 at 18:32..
Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:29   #21
leecas
The Rain Man

Thanks for the plug LastSpartan
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:12   #22
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecas View Post
The important is to get the group started. Good luck and let us know if we can help.
Leecas is right, we should definitely start our own group. The Ontario WW2 reenactors is the model we should follow since it has demonstrated its success.

Comme suggere Leecas, on devrait former un groupe pour le airsoft de la deuxieme guerre mondiale au quebec. Evidemment, on est pas tellement nombreux mais au moins, on pourrait lancer l'idee et peut-etre que l'on pourrait prevoir une game pilote l'ete prochain.

Last edited by BoGrain; November 23rd, 2010 at 12:15..
BoGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 13:14   #23
DrDoUm

How does the Ontario group works in terms of organisation. Is there a specific member list? Are their permanent organisers, administrators or CO? Or do you simply post your events like any others?
DrDoUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 13:25   #24
BoGrain
représentant officiel de
     WW2Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoUm View Post
How does the Ontario group works in terms of organisation. Is there a specific member list? Are their permanent organisers, administrators or CO? Or do you simply post your events like any others?
from what I understand, events open to everyone are posted on ASC.
Events requiring more authentic impression are posted on the association website.

Units from both sides have an official members lists. That s what I have seen so far.

Leecas could probably explain it better
Old November 23rd, 2010, 13:37   #25
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Im in for any game!

From what I understood, each "impression" represent a team. Like the 101 and the 82.

Lee can surely add/correct me

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Old November 23rd, 2010, 16:11   #26
leecas
The Rain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoGrain View Post
from what I understand, events open to everyone are posted on ASC.
Events requiring more authentic impression are posted on the association website.

Units from both sides have an official members lists. That s what I have seen so far.

Leecas could probably explain it better
First off, Dr DrDoUm, I would suggest clicking on my signature below and checking out our main web site and forum... it will expalin and answer a lot of questions.

Team or Units have been formed and we also have players on both the Allies and Axis that are not part of a unit and are happy with that.

We have three different levels of events.

Level 3 means that anyone that wishes to come out to the event is welcome. Doesn't matter what you wear or use as a weapon. This is your chance to try out a WWII milsim and it's rules. These games are posted on ASC.

Level 2 means that the player must try to make an attempt to look the part. And the more modern weapons should stay home. Again these games are listed on ASC.

Level 1 means that you should have a period impression and weapon... nothing modern should be out in the field. This can be a milsim or a living history event. At these events it is 95% to 100%... nothing else is accepted. These events are posted on our forum.

Like I said check out the web site and the forum... lots of info on there. And if you can't find the answer there then feel free to ask.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 18:39   #27
Yorkie

If we can get enough firm commitments, perhaps we could arrange a game in Eastern Ontario so we can all get together next year. It would be even more fantastic if we could generate enough interest and numbers in period gear to run a game that people from all over Canada could attend.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 18:43   #28
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
If we can get enough firm commitments, perhaps we could arrange a game in Eastern Ontario so we can all get together next year. It would be even more fantastic if we could generate enough interest and numbers in period gear to run a game that people from all over Canada could attend.
I would definitely travel to Ontario for a game.

I already started ordering my gear, and my wallet started hating me again.

Generally, where are most of your games at approx.? I can check with GoogleMaps how far it'd be for me.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Old November 23rd, 2010, 22:12   #29
Yorkie

Generally Rockwood, though we have access to a larger field in Phelpston. You're looking at around 650kms or so from the Montreal area.

I hear you about the wallet...LOL
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 22:27   #30
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Well we could always organize a small road trip for a weekend of airsofting

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"