Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CPGear CF-Issue Tac-vest mod (Mpak and Triple-Mag Shingle)

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 10th, 2010, 20:22   #16
-Skeletor-
I have a CP Gear 2/3 Mag pouch on the centre loops on the tac vest without the centre adaptor, the pouch flops a little bit, but not to bad. The MPAK looks like a decent alternative, but somewhat bulky and it looks like you would loose the 4 mag pouches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
And about the knife, I hear no one wear their knife like that on their vest anyway.
IMO having the bayonet on the front is a poor place for it. I have mine horizantal attached to the back of the left C9/Utility pouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowers View Post
... done with a WIMP ...
IMO the WIMP is alright, but when you wear armour under the tac vest getting a mag out of the WIMP becomes more awkward then it is without the armour.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; July 11th, 2010 at 07:25..
Old July 11th, 2010, 02:43   #17
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
IMO the WIMP is alright, but when you wear armour under the tac vest getting a mag out of the WIMP becomes more awkward then it is without the armour.
could you elaborate a bit more on the issues you had with the WIMP when wearing the frag vest mike? was it the added bulk? was it just harder for your hand to reach the mags or was it something else?

thanks

Last edited by Bowers; July 11th, 2010 at 05:11..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 23:31   #18
Labo

Quote:
I have a CP Gear 2/3 Mag pouch on the centre loops on the tac vest without the centre adaptor, the pouch flops a little bit, but not to bad. The MPAK looks like a decent alternative, but somewhat bulky and it looks like you would loose the 4 mag pouches.

IMO having the bayonet on the front is a poor place for it. I have mine horizantal attached to the back of the left C9/Utility pouch.

I agree with Skeletor on the WIMP.. it is hard enough to reach for it while wearing the vest on it's own.. add the body armor, and not only will you find your canteen/C9 pouch getting in the way of your elbows... it becomes a mission to try and extract ammo from it.
Labo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:15   #19
Chingyul

Any general comments on CP Gear nylon products?
Thinking of getting their new M-2010 MFR-8 split front rig (don't fit the TT 2-piece).
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:25   #20
Loathing

Quote:

Having it on the side prevents the damn thing from stabbing you in the face if it pops up, learning from personal experience...

I've been considering getting the WIMP pouches, at least one anyways. How badly does the extra space they take up, make your C9/Canteen pouches stick out?

I guess if you're running them with the frag vest, even if they're a pain to get you they might be good to just carry extra ammo with you, that you could switch out for empty magazines when you have a spare minute.

This is just theory for me though as I've never had the chance to run with anything but the standard tac and frag, please correct me if I'm just way out there.
Loathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 00:14   #21
Labo

Sticks out just over an inch. I find wearing the TV a little lower does make a difference.
Labo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion