Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Shocking newsletter

:

General

Old March 24th, 2006, 10:47   #31
*CRASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockMonkey
Well I think its technicaly worse than assault isnt it?? Using an Airsoft gun is technicaly a real gun when used in a crime right? Im sure his lawyer will plead it down but little suzy fresh meat could do many many years of ankle grabbing before hes out... wait this is canada he wouldnt do many many years had he gone in shooting a real gun.... Tho it is nice that they came in treating it like a real situation... only wish they shot suzy dead.
Assault with a weapon.... is most appropriate in that case... along with Weapons Dangerous to the Public Peace and Mischief.

As for the medication thing.... the police should have supplied him with a .40 cal pill... cures all ills!
*CRASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:49   #32
GraveTech

Send a message via MSN to GraveTech
Yeah, unwrapped paper-clips and 0.25" elastics. They went through paper across the class... those were the days...
GraveTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:52   #33
colonelsharky

This is the second incident in the last two weeks. Last week a 48-year-old man was taking a break from a bike ride home and was by the side of a road when he was shot in the eye. All the police are saying is that the guy was shot with some form of projectile. Although we don't know if an airsoft gun was actually used in this attack, it definately sends a bad message.
colonelsharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 12:39   #34
JacoNB

Girlfriend saw on the local news yesterday about a kid walking around in the street with "what appeared to be an automatic rifle" - which turned out to be an airsoft gun.

Can't say for sure what happened, I didn't see the report, and she only caught the ass end of it. I think it was in Moncton, though.

Fucking retards.

**Edit: this may be the report she was talking about, but the details are vague... Click
JacoNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 14:30   #35
AcidGear

Send a message via MSN to AcidGear
if your going to walk around with an airsoft gun outside of your house put it on your back not in your hands
AcidGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 14:44   #36
*CRASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGear
if your going to walk around with an airsoft gun outside of your house put it on your back not in your hands
Or just not go trotting around the neighbourhood with one PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smack:

Any IDIOT walking around with an AEG or GBB exposed for the public to see deserves to have SWAT make his head an early christmas present and rip it open! :snipe: :nod:
*CRASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 15:08   #37
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidGear
Wow, great idea. I can see how that would save someone a lot of trouble

Citizen: OMG there's a guy with a GUNNNN

Me: No sir, as you can see that person has his assault rifle safely slung around his shoulder

Citizen: Ah yes, I guess there's no point in calling the police.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 16:03   #38
Squeeks

Send a message via MSN to Squeeks
hey guys all the shit about beeting him up and killing him isnt going to do any better for our sport. if some RCMP guy comes on here and sees us talking about how we wanna do that! jjeeeezz
Squeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 16:16   #39
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeks
hey guys all the shit about beeting him up and killing him isnt going to do any better for our sport. if some RCMP guy comes on here and sees us talking about how we wanna do that! jjeeeezz
After looking at many threads on ASC, i'm pretty sure any RCMP guy that comes here would arrest many of us for sex crimes against Treadstone.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 16:48   #40
wingman

Send a message via AIM to wingman Send a message via MSN to wingman Send a message via Yahoo to wingman
why does the media have to report this? we should get a bunch of those assholes and see how many BBs to the head it takes to knock some sense in 'em
wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 17:11   #41
Arnisador
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
Truly a mature way to handle things...fight violence with more violence. :roll:

To answer your first question, the media reports this because this kind of news sells copy. That's it.

And no, I'm not saying that's the media is blameless either.
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 17:34   #42
wingman

Send a message via AIM to wingman Send a message via MSN to wingman Send a message via Yahoo to wingman
good point

Waiting responsibly since early 2005.

Of course I've got all my ducks in a line, it's easier to shoot 'em that way! - me
wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2006, 19:01   #43
L473ncy

We call them V-Darts. Those are fun to shoot at people, BUT ONLY IF THEY CONSENT, no shooting them at non-combattants.

The canadian retailers should probably note this and enforce tougher measures for buying airsoft guns. Even though he WAS 18 they should pass some sort of test to be able to buy. Try to make it more restricted, like they have to belong to a local club and another club member has to vouch for their reliability that they won't do anything stupid.
Old March 24th, 2006, 19:24   #44
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy
We call them V-Darts. Those are fun to shoot at people, BUT ONLY IF THEY CONSENT, no shooting them at non-combattants.

The canadian retailers should probably note this and enforce tougher measures for buying airsoft guns. Even though he WAS 18 they should pass some sort of test to be able to buy. Try to make it more restricted, like they have to belong to a local club and another club member has to vouch for their reliability that they won't do anything stupid.

Yeah what we need is more gun control </sarcasm> What we need is more personal responsibility, not this crap about if we make it harder to get a gun it wouldn't happen. Canadian tire doesn't care if you're in a local club or not, They only care that you're 18+ and have the money to pay.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 02:32   #45
bobthemonky
v-dart's wer very populer in my school the people with them would shoot any one tho. this one kid no one like put a staple through so when shot the two spike thingys would hit you, he shot it a a dry wall wall and it stuck so i told on him because he sed he would shoot me with it next. no one dose them any more because people started geting suspendid.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General