Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

winter games?

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old September 18th, 2007, 23:18   #1
jaa

winter games?

Anyone got a good idea for a game theme that would fit the wintertime well? or at least have tips for playing in cold weather?

No, we will not be playing a "lost planet" themed game You who mentioned this, you know who you are.

We're gonna need more BBS
jaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2007, 23:52   #2
GraveTech

Send a message via MSN to GraveTech
Dress in layers, you can always take them off when you need to. Your underclothes will be wet with sweat (if you sweat that is) and if these become cold you will be too, this is the hardest layer to warm back up and is extremely bad. Bring extra socks for the same reason; wet = bad. Waterproof boots or waterproof your boots with one of the readily available products (MWW carries these). For gloves I would recommend two pairs, one thinner but still insulated pair for playing and one pair for standing around. For playing, either an insulated pair of Hatch gloves or if you are cheap like me, black insulated mechanics gloves (available from MWW and now CT). Face protection is also good, I have a couple different balaclavas depending on the weather. Sometimes a toque is good enough if the wind isn't to strong. I strongly recommend a pair of thermal, qucik-drying long johns (1 or 2 piece it's up to you). You can also get those heating packs they sell for gloves and such, I never used them on my person but I did strap them to my AEG around my battery compartment and a couple over my holsters to keep the weapons warm and ready (worked well on the battery, mediocre on the pistol). The biggest key is to stay dry, the activity will keep you warm.

*EDIT* Remember Wet = Bad. Warm = Layering = Good. Dry = extra clothing.

*Edit 2* Even on the coldest game and the longest game I played I found myself only wearing 3 layers. On top I had either a 100% cotton t-shirt or other shirt then my long-john top, then my BDUs OR I had my long-john top, then a thin fleece then my BDU. On the bottoms I my underwear (can't leave home without them), then my long-johns, then sometimes waterproof pants or fleece pants (but be warned, you will sweat more in these, and as stated before wet = bad) and then my BDUs. Over this I would wear (sometimes) the German splinter winter gear (poncho + pants). Whatever you wear as you last layer you can add a water-proofing agent to the wash which can help reduce the amount of freezing cold water that enters your gear while you kneel/crouch/hide (you can get the stuff at MEC I believe, I know my local outfitters has it).

Last edited by GraveTech; September 19th, 2007 at 00:00..
GraveTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 18:15   #3
swatt13
Captain Awesome

urban camo works amazing! in the winter. as gravetech reccommended a battery heater is a must. mini batteries work terrible in the cold and die afetr a couple mags. a warmer prevents that. gbb we found we a waste of time, just leave em behind. as for rifle mechanics as v2's are prone to breaking in the first place (upgraded) theyre and even more so in the winter. i would be weary of running a stock one in moderatley cold temps, and definatly avoid upgraded in any cold temp. a balaclava is a good choice a touque and gloves (obviously) now depending on your game style affects your clothing. if you sit and camp lots... you shouldnt play airsoft period and you should die, but either way obviously youll need more layers. if you assault and attack more not so much as you wont be thinking about the cold until you stop.
just use your head is all i can really say. if you snowboard or **shudder** ski (lol, j/j) you should know what you need, if not... well youll figure it out.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=30357

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:34   #4
Auklin

Does The cold winter weather and moisture Harm an airsoft gun (mostly an AEG)?
Auklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:47   #5
ZackS

The cold is never good for your internals, like they said, v2's suffer in the cold.

ZackS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:57   #6
Naglfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auklin View Post
Does The cold winter weather and moisture Harm an airsoft gun (mostly an AEG)?
Winter is a dry season, there is no moisture in the air.
Cold air won't harm it, but stressing the plastic and shooting the mechbox will have a greater chance of cracking something because the materials are much more brittle in the cold.
Naglfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 16:44   #7
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

we usually don't play in anything colder than -5
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 17:59   #8
Kingsix

The cold effects the batteries, maybe a spring bolt action rifle would work better in the cold.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi