Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

South Vancouver Island - Where to play? What kind of players? What to expect?

:

General

Old May 17th, 2017, 18:49   #1
prose

South Vancouver Island - Where to play? What kind of players? What to expect?

Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this thread, I didn't see anything that looked more specific.

So as the title says, I'm curious to know what sort of communities and fields exist in the Southern Vancouver Island area? I'm looking to move to the island in the late summer and I'm hoping there are some communities of more mature but not too hardcore players on the island.

Presently I play on the weekends on Saturdays out at Panther Paintball in Surrey, BC. I've got a fairly regular group of other players that keep in touch with each other who all enjoy the same style of mature, sportsmanlike and inclusive play. Most of the players know a lot about the sport from tech to local area history, but aren't too hardcore and take it very casually. We usually play with the drop ins but get some decent games going with fun objectives.

I'm hoping to find something similar on the island and would love to hear if anyone has any experience or is out there! Thanks to all in advance!
prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 21:09   #2
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Not sure if he's south, but you guys have a player named PaddMadd, who's a complete dick, avoid him at all costs

Joking, he's good people, but it does sound like you guys might have a few yahoos. I'll get him to chime up with what he might know.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 22:49   #3
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Not sure if he's south, but you guys have a player named PaddMadd, who's a complete dick, avoid him at all costs
Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot.

Your best bet for south island would be Northern Arms Airsoft on Facebook. I don't play there myself, but I've heard good things. Their field is run by the local fish and game club in Duncan and (IIRC)requires a membership or a pricey walk-on fee, but they have a fairly active group.

If you're willing to travel up-island there's Naniamo Airsoft Collective, Alberni Valley Airsoft, and I think there's still a group up in the Comox Valley area.
I don't know much about the Naniamo and Comox valley groups, but my local group(Alberni Valley Airsoft) is somewhat active. I haven't been up to play there in a while, but the upside is that when there are games, they're free due to our field being on crown land.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 22:09   #4
prose

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2017, 14:41   #5
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
I haven't heard anything out of CVAA since Jack left it to pursue other things.

There's some new groups in the south island as well; NAA still remains the most 'veteran' group though.

VFGPA finally sorted their shit out and some guys have put some effort into developing the field; I think the walk-on there is $10.

And VIAL is still around; that's the organization that hosts the large games on the island; mostly out of Dagger Deep in Duncan (imho the best, most well-kept field on the island.)
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2017, 19:23   #6
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I haven't heard anything out of CVAA since Jack left it to pursue other things.

There's some new groups in the south island as well; NAA still remains the most 'veteran' group though.

VFGPA finally sorted their shit out and some guys have put some effort into developing the field; I think the walk-on there is $10.

And VIAL is still around; that's the organization that hosts the large games on the island; mostly out of Dagger Deep in Duncan (imho the best, most well-kept field on the island.)
When I drive out to Van, I'll make Padd head out with me for a game at these places lol
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General