Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Revision ExoShield's: Best Full Seal Eye protection yet?

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 14th, 2011, 15:26   #61
MaciekA

Report:

Fogtech does better than the included wipes, but only lasts so long. Once body heat started to rise, I got hardcore condensation all over the lenses.

These are cool googles and if you're generating very little body heat and aren't moving around much, they will last somewhat longer. If you're at all doing anything resembling airsoft play, that is, crouching, moving around stealthily, shooting, ducking, and going prone, these will start to condense pretty badly.

I like them as work desk goggles for when I'm using my AEGs, but they have yet to survive more than 30 minutes of actual play. I've had them out to two full-day games now and I've had to put on my JT Spectras after the first round out each time. Included wipes and Fogtech had the same ultimate results if different timing.

A teammate is also testing these goggles and found they fogged both in the first and second day of testing. He took longer to fog his up, but once his body heat was above a certain level, it was impossible to hold the fog back.

After trying ESS Advancers, Exoshields, and several other goggles, I'm beginning to think the only way to go is the double-pane JT Spectra style of goggles, no matter how awesome Fogtech's formula gets, condensation eventually becomes overwhelming.
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 20:52   #62
krap101

Anybody try out the silica gel packs? I'm thinking this around the nose area would solve some problems.
Old December 14th, 2011, 22:42   #63
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap101 View Post
Anybody try out the silica gel packs? I'm thinking this around the nose area would solve some problems.
Can you link to what you're referring to? I'd be willing to try it out, for science
Old December 14th, 2011, 23:09   #64
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Can you link to what you're referring to? I'd be willing to try it out, for science
I'm talking about those things that come in cookies and stuff to remove the humidity..."do not eat"... things...
Old December 18th, 2011, 22:00   #65
makinitbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by technosnob View Post
I took the dremmel tool to the foam seal on mine but I haven't used them yet.

I have a game Friday night....I will report back with an update.
How'd they work out?

makinitbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:17   #66
ShadowNet

Gamed my Exoshields today. zero fog, but condensation built up like a motherfker even with the included wipes. kinda disappointed. These would probably have no problem with condensation if used while skydiving though :P
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:29   #67
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
someone should try drilling 1/16 holes along the top and bottom edges just inside the foam edge every 1/8-1/4 inch. shouldn't weaken the lens too much and should help quite a bit with the condensation.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:57   #68
technosnob

After playing and sweating Friday night the modifications I made held up quite well. The condensation still appeared but it was not that bad!!!

I'm gonna put a couple more slits in the foam for good measure.
technosnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:31   #69
makinitbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
someone should try drilling 1/16 holes along the top and bottom edges just inside the foam edge every 1/8-1/4 inch. shouldn't weaken the lens too much and should help quite a bit with the condensation.
That's what I was thinking. Drill 3 holes every 1/4" apart on each side, then go for a quick run. Just going to order a pair and experiment.

Last edited by makinitbig; December 22nd, 2011 at 05:42..
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:45   #70
MaciekA

Used the Exoshields again last weekend, again with Fogtech. Weather was in the mid-single-digits below zero.

Condensation is definitely a bummer, but these are great to have as a "first use these then switch to double-pane backup" in the winter if you can manage to keep your body down.

In the coming months I will try Fogtech DX and see if it improves condensation buildup at all. These would be vastly improved by something that repels droplets and moves them to the outer region of the goggle.

Now you know

Old January 3rd, 2012, 17:28   #71
makinitbig

Holy effin customer service! So I ordered a pair from a company that shall remain nameless and they sent me a smoke pair instead of clear, and refused to refund my money without a 30% restocking, and processing fee + money to ship them back. So I emailed revision Friday asking if they sold replacement lenses. Got an email back maybe 30mins later asking for my address, and looked what just showed my door step free of charge! This was my first experience with revision, and I can tell you it wont be my last.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 18:23   #72
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
Name the retailer. If they treat their customers like that, I know I wouldn't want to give them my money when if can go to someone who gives a shit about their customers.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 18:40   #73
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makinitbig View Post
That's what I was thinking. Drill 3 holes every 1/4" apart on each side, then go for a quick run. Just going to order a pair and experiment.
I highly recommend against drilling holes in polycarbonate, especially a hole pattern. It will weaken, and it does crack. Remember it's not just 470fps BB's you have to stop anymore, it's guys with 650fps GBBRs that didn't know you need an NPAS in 30 degree weather, and anything you might trip and fall into.

Also, any kind of modification to the polycarbonate completely voids the ANSI and MIL-SPEC ratings.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 19:36   #74
ToRN

Send a message via AIM to ToRN Send a message via MSN to ToRN Send a message via Skype™ to ToRN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I highly recommend against drilling holes in polycarbonate, especially a hole pattern. It will weaken, and it does crack. Remember it's not just 470fps BB's you have to stop anymore, it's guys with 650fps GBBRs that didn't know you need an NPAS in 30 degree weather, and anything you might trip and fall into.

Also, any kind of modification to the polycarbonate completely voids the ANSI and MIL-SPEC ratings.
^ This.

I know I wouldn't accept these at one of my games if they'd been modified from factory condition.
Give your head a shake, man. You don't jump out of a shaky car so you can ride in one that's on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_Man_in_CADPATs
I also noticed for the first time that Bod sounds a lot like Jango Fett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
I like the part where he got banned.
ToRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 17:35   #75
ShadowNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRN View Post
^ This.

I know I wouldn't accept these at one of my games if they'd been modified from factory condition.
I think he means drilling holes in the foam part, along the top - not the actual lens.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion