Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Recruiting Military veterans with operational injuries.

:

General

Old November 28th, 2014, 09:34   #1
Corpse

Recruiting Military veterans with operational injuries.

Pure Predator Airsoft Infantry is recruiting in the Southern Ontario region: London, Kitchener/Waterloo, Stratford.

Our Mission:

The Pure Predator Airsoft Infantry team was created with the goal of reintegrating wounded Military veterans into the civilian society. We are attempting to give vets with 'deployment injuries' a support group that is familiar to them but not part of the military.

Our airsoft team is manned by both civilian players with years of experience and by military veterans with chronic PTSD, combat wounds, as well as permanent injuries suffered during training. This combination of military and civilian players gives our team a unique blend of 'real world combat' experience with 'airsoft savvy'. Our team uses the best tactics from both the civilian and military worlds when we play.

The veterans gain the companionship of a group who 'get it' as well as a the foundation of friendships outside of the military. They have a place to go where they can wear uniforms and equipment they are comfortable in and talk about their experiences in a safe and confidential environment.

Our civilian teammates benefit from the veteran's experience while at the same time teaching and retraining the veterans in airsoft play. This synergy creates an atmosphere that is positive and creative on the field.

So how does our team help the injured veterans? Airsoft allows the veterans to use the skills they were taught in the military in a safe, structured environment. The can show that they needed and highly sought after players.

We encourage vets with both mental and physical disabilities to 'get out there and play'. Airsoft is a game that simulates military combat situations with a 'civilian' twist. No one is hurt, but the veteran can be competitive again on a level playing field. Lacking an arm or a leg isn't a 'disability' to us! We find each player's strengths, and build on them.

Pure Predator are serious when we play, but we play with humour and a relaxed attitude. For us, we play to win - and to heal.

Contact us if you are interested here or through our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/airsoftinfantry
Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 12:19   #2
Corpse

Bump.
Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 09:32   #3
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Interesting concept and not a bad idea to keep the spirits of wounded warriors up. Hopefully only good spawns from this.
Old December 15th, 2014, 15:30   #4
Royal10

Sounds great, we should try something like that in the Trenton area. Surprisingly, airsoft has been therapeutic for my PTSD. Sometimes I am triggered by the action, but I deal with it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Royal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 15:55   #5
TACHELL4EVER

I am a retired service member who started playing this summer and it has helped my PTSD. The players (military and civilian) have been great.
I really hope what you are doing works and i would like to see more teams like yours start up.
:salute
TACHELL4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:01   #6
BattleBorn

Hey lads, just seen this post and it immediately pricked up my ears!

I was a 10 year vet with the Aussie Infantry with a few deployments to the MEAO and another PK mission closer to home. I was medically discharged after being WIA so I decided to come to Canada - I've always wanted to be here.

I'm currently living up in Muskoka but the missus's family lives closer to Toronto. I'm just getting into Airsoft to experiment to see if it helps with my head stuff. If any of you lads are going to be playing any games or anything like that in the future can you please PM me to let me know so I can organise to get down there and participate?!

ps. I hope there is beer afterward!

Last edited by BattleBorn; January 28th, 2015 at 09:13..
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 02:23   #7
QRF1

Corpse, I like the concept you are promoting. Your group should check out sheepdogia.org. I know, it is a U.S. based organization but we are in the process of creating a Canadian branch. Application for a Canadian charter is in progress. I am working with some high profile LEO PTSD sufferers. We represent the entire Sheep Dog community including military, police, EMS, fire and other first responders Canada wide with members in four provinces so far. Our FB page is Sheep Dog Impact Assistance Canada. Cheers.
QRF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 03:00   #8
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Current serving CAF here.

BattleBorn, it's a good time. In honesty you're going to have a laugh riot when you see the very minor percentage of people who think they're the real deal delta seal ranger operators. Most guys (from my end of the country anyway) are grown men who realize they're literally chasing each other around in the forest to shoot each other with glorified BB guns.

Don't know if it will HELP your head but a little cardio and a lot of laughing couldn't hurt.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 15:05   #9
BattleBorn

Haha, well all I'm lookin' for a good time!
BattleBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General