Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SRC G36C noob friendly?

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 31st, 2010, 15:39   #1
MartyK2500

SRC G36C noob friendly?

hi,i am searching for my first airsoft aeg.the src g36c with rds caught my eye.is it a decent start?
MartyK2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 15:44   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

there are a tonne of reviews available on this website not to mention the rest of the internet, most AEG's are noob friendly. though most people here will suggest you get yourself age verfied and take a look in the classifieds. as well as if you are under 18, not to bother getting a gun, as we do not support nor condone underage kids owning, purchasing, or playing with airsoft guns.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 15:45   #3
kalnaren

G36 is a great starting gun. Easy to maintain, easy to disassemble, the V3 mechbox is reliable.. and I've been told the SRC Gen III guns are good quality.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 15:49   #4
MartyK2500

o thats nice to know...i will get AVed as soon as possible(im 26).are the guns in the classified sections all used?i have always had bad experiences with used stuff.
Old January 31st, 2010, 15:52   #5
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
o thats nice to know...i will get AVed as soon as possible(im 26).are the guns in the classified sections all used?i have always had bad experiences with used stuff.
some are brand new, some are like new, and some are used but not abused, but the sellers usually offer detailed pictures and descriptions, there are also some retailers available that you can see only through the age verification system.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 16:03   #6
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
A lot of used guns in the classifieds have upgraded internals that are generally better than new stuff.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2010, 16:12   #7
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
And in airsoft brand new doesn't mean better. There is a "breaking-in" period that shows a few kinks that might not enable a noob to enjoy his first rifle as much due to lack of experience with the guns.

The SRC is decent but getting AV'ed should be a priority. Attend a few games, talk to people about the rules of the sport; things to know about the guns, which companies are good and which ones to avoid etc...

While there you can also ask to hold and shoot peoples guns as most will be happy to do so. This way you can find out which guns suit you the best first-hand. You may find that the G36 is not the gun for you, thus saving you time and money. Show a willingness to learn and people will take you under their wing in a heart beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:47   #8
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

It's quite a friendly gun for new players for a few reasons.

1. It's lightweight
2. It has a folding stock which newer players really love
3. V3 mechbox is more reliable and won't break as easily in cold temperatures

Biggest drawback - large magazines that won't fit into most pouches as easily, but mags do clip together and new players often stick with one hi-cap.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:06   #9
MartyK2500

thank you shock you gave me a description that pretty much says it all.The biggest issue is reliability,with experience i would tinker with the gun mechanism.But for now i just want something i can shoot once per 2 weeks in 2010 without having any repairs.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:41   #10
L473ncy

Even if you don't end up buying a gun off the classifieds it's still a good thing to be AV'ed. If you'd rather get the SRC then it's probably not as big of a priority and you can get AV'ed if/when you attend your first game assuming there is an AV rep at the field who can do it.

What the classifieds does is open up a "whole new world" of stuff. There is more to choose from, and varying price ranges from $100 for a "parts gun" to $3000+ for a SystemA PTW with all the bells and whistles, real steel equipment and extras like scope, mags, cylinders, etc.

There are also more brands to choose from and "black guns" (which have black plastic or metal bodies) available.

SRC is good, and Ken is a good guy so don't have any worries about dealing with him regarding getting your "Cansoft" guns from him.
Old April 6th, 2010, 16:32   #11
GODSPEED|seven

I am hoping my AV'ing can go through within the 2 following weeks!

I REALLY want to see whats around in the classifieds.

Debating if I want to go for Some G36K, SIG 551 or maybe an AK variant (carbine size like AK-105).. so much choice.. so small a wallet...

Ok, to get back onto topic; No matter if I get AV'ed or not soon, I would like to know if the SRC Gen III G36's have a quick response time when you pull the trigger in semi auto. I don't care about super high ROF in full auto, as I only ever use 3-5 round bursts anyways.

And if this isn't too much trouble, I'd realyl appreciate if someone could let me know if they're any good AK's for around 400-500$ (without extras, just gun and magazine).. something to wet my appetite
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 16:48   #12
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
And if this isn't too much trouble, I'd realyl appreciate if someone could let me know if they're any good AK's for around 400-500$ (without extras, just gun and magazine).. something to wet my appetite
Instead of $400-500 for a G&G or something, if you save up to around $600, you'd be able to afford a Real Sword Type 56-2. Big difference.
Old April 6th, 2010, 16:50   #13
Geoffrey B.

The g36's series is amazing. Very acurrate with .25's. Also very easy to get to the gear box. Can do it in two min. =)
Geoffrey B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 17:01   #14
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
I would like to know if the SRC Gen III G36's have a quick response time when you pull the trigger in semi auto. I don't care about super high ROF in full auto, as I only ever use 3-5 round bursts anyways.
It doesn't matter what gun it is, it depends what battery you use with it.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 17:14   #15
GODSPEED|seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Instead of $400-500 for a G&G or something, if you save up to around $600, you'd be able to afford a Real Sword Type 56-2. Big difference.
Now THAT is sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
It doesn't matter what gun it is, it depends what battery you use with it.
Ok, 'cause I had read something having to do with the gun using ball bearings or not.. some guns have a quick response on trigger pull, others have considerable delay. I may have misunderstood.
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank